coli ballers..come lie about your salary

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i realized very early on in my career that high salary =/= happiness.

for instance, i make a pretty penny but i'd take a good 20k salary cut to work for google or fb right now... maybe more. i have a friend that just started working there and makes less than i do but im like :sadcam::whew:

at the sht he tells me/shows me that they do there... so many perks, everything about that place is like heaven for an employee.
ima work there one day soon or ima die trying

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
Financial Aid twice a year :blessed:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Y'all are legit. What do you do/ what are your education levels? I'm sitting at $62k...23 years old and work in corp finance...I want to hit 6 figs before I'm 30 but also don't want to hate my life like i currently do :russ:. Do you enjoy your work? How many hours do you put in a week?

My title is project manager but i generally do everything virtualization related for a very large customer, so i spend 80 percent of my time being an administrator. The only time i really do the project management part, is when we have a super serious customer who has their contract worded with us in a way that says "fukk this up and we will sue your ass" :ufdup:...then everyone is like "we need to get the PM involved :shaq2::beli:

I tend to only work 40 hours a week, typical 9 to 5, but i do have projects that i have to end up doing because no one else knows how, like tonight, i been working on some shyt since 6:00 am yesterday.

I guess I like my job, I like virtualization though. Truth is, I would rather write science fiction books, so as soon as I wrap mine up and get it published I might quit...all the money as to do is be close... say i get paid 70 k and above to write ( a longshot i know...but that is what it would take to make me write full time )

I got a degree in Information Systems from a typical 4 year university. Nothing special. I don't know enough about the finance world to know if you can make it to a 100k by 30

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all are legit. What do you do/ what are your education levels? I'm sitting at $62k...23 years old and work in corp finance...I want to hit 6 figs before I'm 30 but also don't want to hate my life like i currently do :russ:. Do you enjoy your work? How many hours do you put in a week?

I have a B.S. in Management and Information Systems. I'm a Project Analyst at an Investment Company. My goal is to get my Project Management Certification before this year is up; aggressively before Summer 2013 and that will boost my pay significantly.

I can't say that I enjoy my work, but the money is "easy", if that makes sense. If things go well, In about 3 years I should have enough money invested and an emergency fund for me to leave Corporate America and be financially comfortable. So I'm just dealing for now.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
First IT job I got was back in the beginning of 2007. Was making 15.70 an hour, getting 40 hours a week. Working in "computer operations"

Thats barely 32 grand...

Thank god for those lazy ass crackas at HP who didn't want to learn virtualization though...riding that wave real good now...:blessed::lolbron:

What is virtualization and how did you get into it?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
What is virtualization and how did you get into it?

Virtualization physical servers using vmware products like vsphere or microsofts products like hyper v or server farming using citrix. I use to work at HP and there was a very large initiative to virtualize a large part of all the corporate servers, as well as HP cooking up their own virtualization application ( mostly failed ). Everyone I worked with saw how bad it was and ran away from it, and me being the new guy at the time I got stuck with it. After learning what to do and getting a couple of certifications, here i am today, doing basically the same thing but for more money :smugfavre:

It is a hard field to get in because a company is not going to trust you with it without prior experience at it, but you can make a lot of money doing it because the certifications you need to get are pretty difficult, cost a lot ( you have to take a class to get your vcp and it can range anywhere from a few 100 taught as a college course or 5,000 if you take the 1 week online course), so the market is pretty small. Once you get in, it is pretty much a breeze, it's just really hard to get in.

BlackElitism

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC

I went to an Ivy so I had opportunities readily available to me on campus. I have a degree in Computer Science. I enjoy my work. The company is relatively small and we finance a lot of start-ups which shall go unnamed. I put in 80 plus hours a week, mostly in research.

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
Less than 20% of americans earn more than six figures........on the coli, less than 20% don't earn six figures.:dj2: