Cole From Martin Says There Will Never Be A Martin Reunion

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A Martin reunion with no Gina breh,we comparing Lisa Turtle to Gina:comeon:? You could have a reunion without Cole if him and Martin didn't get along but not Gina.

Besides I think you need to go back and watch season 5 and see what happened without Gina?Not saying she made the show,but the show was wack in the last season with or without Gina and needed to go off the air.

Martin carried the show and he wasnt the same Martin he had been in the last season for whatever reason,and he definitely aint the same Martin now....a Martin reunion could be good with Kevin Hart in Martins place just like a Friday reunion would be better with Mike Epps instead of Chris Tucker....im more curious to know what happened to Martin in that final season,something wasn't right about dude.

Since then he's just gradually gotten less funny,but at that time he still had it in em to be as funny as usual,but something was off about him....I could really care less about him and Gina,if Martin had been himself the show would've been fine with replacement Gina:heh:...that's how good Martin was,we woulda got over it.

slurring words, mailing it in, lack of crazy energy.

I felt martin wasn't martin until welcome home roscoe jenkins....but then he fell off again. I felt like that movie was what happened after martin and Gina moved to LA and they gave martin a two parent home and a sister.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
slurring words, mailing it in, lack of crazy energy.

I felt martin wasn't martin until welcome home roscoe jenkins....but then he fell off again. I felt like that movie was what happened after martin and Gina moved to LA and they gave martin a two parent home and a sister.

What about Blue Streak?Life?Badboys?National Security?and Nothing to Lose came out in 97 but im thinkin he probaly shot that before the fall off,underated classic movie:banderas:

I will say he was never "You so Crazy" Martin ever again past some point in 96:mjcry:...that cat with no inhibitions who was one of the greatest of all time when it came to physical comedy,and could have you on the floor with just the right facial expression at the right time:mjcry:

Id say National Security was the closest he came to bein that straight goofy nikka again....i like that movie more than alot of people.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got a feeling Martins problem is because im some sense Cole was a bigger character than him.... but the show is called Martin...

I dont mean star power because Martin did play 5 roles and etc.... it's just that Cole's scenes were in someways just naturally funnier... Some of Martin's comedy seemed forced

But i still watch it daily on MTV 2 starting at 11pm
While I don't agree with your statement I don't doubt that Martin actually felt that way about the character of Cole. I remember John Leguizamo said Martin was really jealous that he was getting more laughs on the set of that garbage ass movie they did and tried to stop him from ad libbing.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about Blue Streak?Life?Badboys?National Security?and Nothing to Lose came out in 97 but im thinkin he probaly shot that before the fall off,underated classic movie:banderas:

I will say he was never "You so Crazy" Martin ever again past some point in 96:mjcry:...that cat with no inhibitions who was one of the greatest of all time when it came to physical comedy,and could have you on the floor with just the right facial expression at the right time:mjcry:

Id say National Security was the closest he came to bein that straight goofy nikka again....i like that movie more than alot of people.

Blue streak, life, & national security were all filmed later on. I enjoyed the movies.

But I felt Martin was Martin Payne in welcome home roscoe Jenkins. He had that swag and then his peeps clown him like Pam & tommy, then he have uncool moments, Etc. I'm not talking about using his classic comedy style....but as being Martin Payne. I felt welcome home roscoe Jenkins was Martin Payne 10yrs later from the last episode.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

I agree. but to go one step further, I felt NONE(after 95) of his movies(well maybe Life) really showcased the Martin we saw on the TV every week.

He had a few moments in Big Mama's House, but by & large they just weren't the Martin you'd see and just start laughing at, like u said, facial expressions.

That show he did with Kelsey Grammar, there was one episode where he snapped back into the old Martin, but that was it :to:

Blue streak, life, & national security were all filmed later on. I enjoyed the movies.

But I felt Martin was Martin Payne in welcome home roscoe Jenkins. He had that swag and then his peeps clown him like Pam & tommy, then he have uncool moments, Etc. I'm not talking about using his classic comedy style....but as being Martin Payne. I felt welcome home roscoe Jenkins was Martin Payne 10yrs later from the last episode.

I need to re-wach this b/c I dont recal liking it that much

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

they all cam after the fall off but before Roscoe Jenkins....But i see your point now,far as Martin Payne yeah the interaction he had on that movie with that ensemble cast was probaly the closest we saw to who he was on that show.

I was thinking Martin Lawrence in general though,he never got back to that same guy after 96....nobody stays in they prime forever though,his change was just felt kindve dramatic....it was nice to see him regain some of who he was after that bad season 5 though.

he still is very good in movies where and seens where he has funny people to play off,you see him match they funniness and energy..

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree. but to go one step further, I felt NONE(after 95) of his movies(well maybe Life) really showcased the Martin we saw on the TV every week.

He had a few moments in Big Mama's House, but by & large they just weren't the Martin you'd see and just start laughing at, like u said, facial expressions.

That show he did with Kelsey Grammar, there was one episode where he snapped back into the old Martin, but that was it :to:

I need to re-wach this b/c I dont recal liking it that much

maybe ill check out that Martin Kelsey grammar show one day and stop bein nostalgic....i know im typecasting him like a mafuka just like Cole said:russ:...we just wanna see Martin Lawrence "You So Crazy"/tv Martin in everything he do....In Life in he was good and he was technically supposed to be the straight man to Eddie somewhat...but he shined in it too...another classic

he has one of the better movie catalogues when you discuss great black comics who made movies...arguably the goat for me if it wasnt for Coming To America.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
maybe ill check out that Martin Kelsey grammar show one day[/B] and stop bein nostalgic....i know im typecasting him like a mafuka just like Cole said:russ:...we just wanna see Martin Lawrence "You So Crazy"/tv Martin in everything he do....In Life in he was good and he was technically supposed to be the straight man to Eddie somewhat...but he shined in it too...another classic

he has one of the better movie catalogues when you discuss great black comics who made movies...arguably the goat for me if it wasnt for Coming To America.
That shyt still on the air?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I got a feeling Martins problem is because im some sense Cole was a bigger character than him.... but the show is called Martin...

I dont mean star power because Martin did play 5 roles and etc.... it's just that Cole's scenes were in someways just naturally funnier... Some of Martin's comedy seemed forced

But i still watch it daily on MTV 2 starting at 11pm
What kind of shyt

nikka :camby:

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Dave Chappelle talked about the gun incident on his Inside The Actors Studio and said it happened around the time they did Blue Streak..said Martin pretty much worked himself to death but all the industry saw was "another Hollywood star gone crazy" the same way they couldn't believe Dave walked away from 50 Million for a tv series so they called him crazy for goin to Africa..even put out lies that Dave was smokin rocks :wtf:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Nah breh. Everybody on that show was cast to perfection. Even the side characters likeBruh Man. There was never a character on there that seemed like extra weight. Plus Gina was on House Party with Martin, so they went back before the show began.
Didn't Martin, Kid & Play, and I think Tisha Campbell all know each other from working in a clothing store or some shyt. SO I think they went back further than even House Party.