Cole From Martin Says There Will Never Be A Martin Reunion

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
A Martin reunion with no Gina breh,we comparing Lisa Turtle to Gina:comeon:? You could have a reunion without Cole if him and Martin didn't get along but not Gina.

Besides I think you need to go back and watch season 5 and see what happened without Gina?Not saying she made the show,but the show was wack in the last season with or without Gina and needed to go off the air.

Martin carried the show and he wasnt the same Martin he had been in the last season for whatever reason,and he definitely aint the same Martin now....a Martin reunion could be good with Kevin Hart in Martins place just like a Friday reunion would be better with Mike Epps instead of Chris Tucker....im more curious to know what happened to Martin in that final season,something wasn't right about dude.

Since then he's just gradually gotten less funny,but at that time he still had it in em to be as funny as usual,but something was off about him....I could really care less about him and Gina,if Martin had been himself the show would've been fine with replacement Gina:heh:...that's how good Martin was,we woulda got over it.

He was losing his damn mind, that's what was wrong with him

With a pistol in his pocket, comedian Martin Lawrence ran into traffic on busy Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks on Tuesday, cursing and screaming at oncoming cars until he was taken away by police and hospitalized, authorities and witnesses said.

Lawrence, star of the television sitcom "Martin" and the films "Bad Boys" and "A Thin Line Between Love & Hate," was found in the middle of Ventura Boulevard at Tyrone Avenue about 12:30 p.m., said Sgt. Bert Mora of the Los Angeles Police Department.

After police restrained Lawrence, he was taken to Sherman Oaks Hospital and Health Center and later released to his personal physician, Dr. William Young of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Mora said.

A witness--who declined to be identified but who said he was an acquaintance of Lawrence--said the actor was cursing, waving his hands and yelling, "Fight the establishment!" He said Lawrence ran out of the street when police arrived and tried to fight them off when they attempted to restrain him.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I kinda wish I didn't see this interview because now I'll never be able to watch Martin the same knowing them nikkas didn't get along. nikkas can't have shyt. Every time we get a show we love it gets fukked up. From Martin, To Chappelle Show, To The Boondocks, we can never have shyt for a long time. Cacs get to have "Friends" on for a long time though.

I feel you on this though,but keep in mind he said they got along just fine for a long time then Martin started acting crazy....So I'd have to assume it may be season 5 when he started acting crazy with Gina too...Cole said he was fighting some demons during that period....I already cringed watching season 5 anyway:mjcry:..I'll watch the rest of the seasons the same.

Maybe dude was just stressed out I don't know,in hindsight depending on how bad it was maybe they should've just shut down production and let Martin get himself together....I couldn't tell if he had just become full of himself and went Hollywood,if it was drugs,or the stress of success,or mental illness...its been so many rumors,It would be nice to know what his deal was that last season even though it doesn't matter now.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I feel you on this though,but keep in mind he said they got along just fine for a long time then Martin started acting crazy....So I'd have to assume it may be season 5 when he started acting crazy with Gina too...Cole said he was fighting some demons during that period....I already cringed watching season 5 anyway:mjcry:..I'll watch the rest of the seasons the same.

Maybe dude was just stressed out I don't know,in hindsight depending on how bad it was maybe they should've just shut down production and let Martin get himself together....I couldn't tell if he had just become full of himself and went Hollywood,if it was drugs,or the stress of success,or mental illness...its been so many rumors,It would be nice to know what his deal was that last season even though it doesn't matter now.
They need to do a Hollywood Unsung on this show like they did for What's Happening.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was losing his damn mind, that's what was wrong with him

True but I'm still curious as to why he lost his damn mind,in Hollywood people act crazy for a lot of reasons?and did they medicate him to the point of unfunniness?Dude seemed damn near like he was sleep walking through scenes.

fukk Gina. She never brought anything to the show besides a light skin face to look at.

True but she had some memorable moments though obviously not as important as Pam...A lot of attractive chicks could've made for a better Gina,but the only reason we would want to see the reunion show at this point is for nostalgia purposes,it aint nostalgia without Gina involved.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got a feeling Martins problem is because im some sense Cole was a bigger character than him.... but the show is called Martin...

I dont mean star power because Martin did play 5 roles and etc.... it's just that Cole's scenes were in someways just naturally funnier... Some of Martin's comedy seemed forced

But i still watch it daily on MTV 2 starting at 11pm

This is a first,not to take away from Cole but I gotta say I don't think jealously was Martins problem when you think of all the side characters like Hussle Man,Bruh Man,Pam,Stan,Ms Jerry not to mention all of his alter egos who often stole the show and outshined him as Martin but still made appearances...and those were side characters he easily could've got rid of if he had jealousy when it came to being funny.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is a first,not to take away from Cole but I gotta say I don't think jealously was Martins problem when you think of all the side characters like Hussle Man,Bruh Man,Pam,Stan,Ms Jerry not to mention all of his alter egos who often stole the show and outshined him as Martin but still made appearances...and those were side characters he easily could've got rid of if he had jealousy when it came to being funny.

Those side characters were still Martin.. regardless of the make-up .....

Besides I know I'm reaching but thats the only reason I can think of.... And how do you know he didnt have problems with Bro Man- 5th floor and tracy morgan... Shyt we didnt know he had a problem with Carl until today

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a surprise because Martin and Cole didn't get along. And they wouldn't need Gina for a reunion. Lisa Turtle never came to the saved by the bell reunion and it was still good.

martin and cole got along fine, until martin started losing his damn mind....that was all during season 5....the martin/tisha shyt, martin going crazy, etc....it was all tied together...

yes they would need gina for a reunion... besides martin, she got the most screen time cause she was his girl/wife....a reunion wouldnt be right without her....

...i dont think they need to do a reunion, but that's me...

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those side characters were still Martin.. regardless of the make-up .....

Besides I know I'm reaching but thats the only reason I can think of.... And how do you know he didnt have problems with Bro Man- 5th floor and tracy morgan... Shyt we didnt know he had a problem with Carl until today

You got a point,but Tracy thanked Martin for giving him his chance on the show and said Martin allowed him to just do him....I would assume if Martin had a problem with getting outshined he would've just had those side characters written off the show or forced them to stick to a script that didn't outshine him in the moment....the fact so many people was allowed to outshine Martin at one time or the other just makes me think he didn't have a ego when it came to that kindve thing being that he had enough power to control how funny characters were written I would assume...But since you acknowledge its a reach I acknowledge it is a possible,u never know:manny:

People with egos like that typically try to suppress others funniness to keep from getting outshined,it just didn't seem like Martin was doing much of that as much as he got outshined on the show.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You got a point,but Tracy thanked Martin for giving him his chance on the show and said Martin allowed him to just do him....I would assume if Martin had a problem with getting outshined he would've just had those side characters written off the show or forced them to stick to a script that didn't outshine him in the moment....the fact so many people was allowed to outshine Martin at one time or the other just makes me think he didn't have a ego when it came to that kindve thing being that he had enough power to control how funny characters were written I would assume...But since you acknowledge its a reach I acknowledge it is a possible,u never know:manny:

People with egos like that typically try to suppress others funniness to keep from getting outshined,it just didn't seem like Martin was doing much of that as much as he got outshined on the show.

How much creative / script control did Martin have? we may never know.. just because it was called martin doesnt mean he had control.. and some shows the lead doesnt get producer/creative credit until after season 5 and up.. Maybe that why he lost his mind.. he got creative control and more power in season 5 and he didnt know how to handle it and it fukked him up mentally

Egos are funny... he couldve been doing the over the top physical stuff so he can outshine ... we may never know... how's the relationship with Pam and Tommy??

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
why is this surprising news to anyone?...they barely made it through the last season of the show cause of the martin/tisha issue....if you look at the last season, you'll see martin/tisha werent filmed together in the a lot of scenes...it's cause they had a serious issue...if i remember correctly, she accused him of harrassment and trying to fukk....something like that....
A lot of people on this board want to look passed this or dont know about it... and i think they had sometype of relationship then Tisha got a man and was going to get married but Martin was like fukk that "nikka i am better and was harassing her to and she told her husband etc etc

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
How much creative / script control did Martin have? we may never know.. just because it was called martin doesnt mean he had control.. and some shows the lead doesnt get producer/creative credit until after season 5 and up.. Maybe that why he lost his mind.. he got creative control and more power in season 5 and he didnt know how to handle it and it fukked him up mentally

Egos are funny... he couldve been doing the over the top physical stuff so he can outshine ... we may never know... how's the relationship with Pam and Tommy??
Pam played his wife in Wild Hogs so they must be cool

2007_wild_hogs_034.jpg