Cole From Martin Says There Will Never Be A Martin Reunion

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
A reunion show would be utter trash:scust:
Martin doesnt look like he has the energy to act, never mind play all those crazy ass characters:mjcry:
Not talking about a reunion like that. I'm talking about a reunion when all the actors come back to talk about their time on the show.

Daps
Cole has a great attitude. He provided some good insight into the whole "typecast" issue. It must really suck when it happens as a side character. But even in losing out in that Antoine Fisher role, he still had a positive outlook on it. A lot of people would've taken that as the casting director not being able to see past Cole, and carried that resentment of his biggest character around with him, letting it eat away at their insides. I remember that car salesman video and his logic then is his logic now and it real talk. I think his positive attitude has been great for his health. Good interview, thanks for posting.

Never knew he didn't get along with Martin, but I guess it makes sense considering Martin's issues with Gina and his personal life during that time (that led to Runteldat).

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
A Martin reunion with no Gina breh,we comparing Lisa Turtle to Gina:comeon:? You could have a reunion without Cole if him and Martin didn't get along but not Gina.

Besides I think you need to go back and watch season 5 and see what happened without Gina?Not saying she made the show,but the show was wack in the last season with or without Gina and needed to go off the air.

Martin carried the show and he wasnt the same Martin he had been in the last season for whatever reason,and he definitely aint the same Martin now....a Martin reunion could be good with Kevin Hart in Martins place just like a Friday reunion would be better with Mike Epps instead of Chris Tucker....im more curious to know what happened to Martin in that final season,something wasn't right about dude.

Since then he's just gradually gotten less funny,but at that time he still had it in em to be as funny as usual,but something was off about him
....I could really care less about him and Gina,if Martin had been himself the show would've been fine with replacement Gina:heh:...that's how good Martin was,we woulda got over it.

He was zonked out. :mjcry: Had to be on drugs. Matter of fact, I have the seasons 1-4 on DVD, but never even cared to buy the 5th season b/c it was so awful. And towards the end of season 4 is pretty bad too.

Reminds of the 5th/6th season of Sanford & Son. The magic just wasn't there and it was a chore to watch, and I think both Redd Foxx and Lamont were on drugs.

I wish our Black entertainers would stay away from drugs. It NEVER ends well.

fukk Gina. She never brought anything to the show besides a light skin face to look at.

Nah breh. Everybody on that show was cast to perfection. Even the side characters likeBruh Man. There was never a character on there that seemed like extra weight. Plus Gina was on House Party with Martin, so they went back before the show began.

I do agree with you that I wish I didnt know they didnt get along b/c it seemed like so much of that show was imrpov and them trying not to laugh b/c they were having such a good time.

But that's the gift & curse of this era we live in where we want to know so much from every celebrity. 20 years ago, you probably couldnt find an interview with supporting characters.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was zonked out. :mjcry: Had to be on drugs. Matter of fact, I have the seasons 1-4 on DVD, but never even cared to buy the 5th season b/c it was so awful. And towards the end of season 4 is pretty bad too.

Reminds of the 5th/6th season of Sanford & Son. The magic just wasn't there and it was a chore to watch, and I think both Redd Foxx and Lamont were on drugs.

Nah breh. Everybody on that show was cast to perfection. Even the side characters likeBruh Man. There was never a character on there that seemed like extra weight. Plus Gina was on House Party with Martin, so they went back before the show began.

I do agree with you that I wish I didnt know they didnt get along b/c it seemed like so much of that show was imrpov and them trying not to laugh b/c they were having such a good time.

But that's the gift & curse of this era we live in where we want to know so much from every celebrity. 20 years ago, you probably couldnt find an interview with supporting characters.

I don't know about Lamont but Fred had been doing cocaine long before those seasons and before he even got on the show allegedly....it may have led to him dying earlier than he should have though:mjcry:....I think Fred just didn't want to do the show no more from what I remember about it ending,i know they have contracts but you can really tell sometimes when actors are just showing up and don't at least put forth the effort like they want to be there,maybe its hard to fake as actor when you hate your job just like it is for people in real life....Judging by the fact Lamont didn't come back when they tried to bring the show back a few years later maybe he didn't want to do it no more either for some reason...it was the 70's and 80's though,cocain was probably in the picture so I don't know if I can blame that for they shytty performances....everybody was doin that shyt from how it sounds in Hollywood:russ:

I wanna cosign you on the staying away from drugs thing but then I think about music and the fact some of the best shyt has been made while our black entertainers was high on something:patrice:?Maybe we can compromise and say use it responsibly and in moderation:patrice:

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I kinda wish I didn't see this interview because now I'll never be able to watch Martin the same knowing them nikkas didn't get along. nikkas can't have shyt. Every time we get a show we love it gets fukked up. From Martin, To Chappelle Show, To The Boondocks, we can never have shyt for a long time. Cacs get to have "Friends" on for a long time though.

They won't reunite either.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't know about Lamont but Fred had been doing cocaine long before those seasons and before he even got on the show allegedly....it may have led to him dying earlier than he should have though:mjcry:....I think Fred just didn't want to do the show no more from what I remember about it ending,i know they have contracts but you can really tell sometimes when actors are just showing up and don't at least put forth the effort like they want to be there,maybe its hard to fake as actor when you hate your job just like it is for people in real life....Judging by the fact Lamont didn't come back when they tried to bring the show back a few years later maybe he didn't want to do it no more either for some reason...it was the 70's and 80's though,cocain was probably in the picture so I don't know if I can blame that for they shytty performances....everybody was doin that shyt from how it sounds in Hollywood:russ:

I wanna cosign you on the staying away from drugs thing but then I think about music and the fact some of the best shyt has been made while our black entertainers was high on something:patrice:?Maybe we can compromise and say use it responsibly and in moderation:patrice:

Martin was not doing hard drugs at all. He was on those mental prescribed drugs, Dude had a mental illness

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All I know is the final episode, you could see how the Demon had Martin Crack'd Out:francis:

...Season 1-4, up to the Love Boat episode, was a GOAT run for the show, tho:yeshrug:

Martin tries to poke Cole eye out, and the cast lose it: Rent Em Spoons:mjlol:

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
All I know is the final episode, you could see how the Demon had Martin Crack'd Out:francis:

...Season 1-4, up to the Love Boat episode, was a GOAT run for the show, tho:yeshrug:

Martin tries to poke Cole eye out, and cast lose it: "Rent Em Spoons":mjlol:

I agree breh bc that's pretty much exactly where I remember the show completeyl hitting the wall and going downhill after that.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps

I think Gina was the most easily replaceable person on the show. They could've flipped her like they did Aunt Viv and no one would trip at all.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Martin was not doing hard drugs at all. He was on those mental prescribed drugs, Dude had a mental illness

Ive always thought this was a possibility too,Ive seen what prescription drugs did too my wild azz cousin who was a fool:mjlol:...he did have a violent side but i hate it turned him into the laid back person he is now,knowing the big personality he once was:mjcry:

only thing about Martin is he came back after season 5 and was in movies and seemed just as goofy as he had been before....so its hard to say it was prescription drugs either,unless they switched up what he was taking after season 5:heh:

We might be looking too much into it though and he simply didnt want to be there anymore....may not be drugs,mental illness or none of that,maybe he simply didnt want to be there and was acting out...maybe he was just depressed,i think he was going through a divorce..

he was doin blockbuster movies,maybe he just got sick of the tv shyt....wouldnt be the first time weve seen a performance suffer becuz sumbody didnt want to really be there:manny:.

we knkw he had a breakdown mentally with that episode in the streets,but not sure if thats why his performance was shytty since he came back strong and his normal self.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually i looked it up and dude had more mental breakdowns then i thought...he had one in 95 on the set of Thin Line and the incident where he was screaming in traffic in 96....maybe dude just overworked himself and the stress got to em,hollywood can be a fukked up place for some people:mjcry: