Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Ya'll really trying to make a case to vote 3rd pard in 2019

:whew:

Imagine having a democracy where you can only vote for two parties. And your only other "option" is to sit out, which is worse. (Please no one sit out 2020!)

Instead of demonizing third party voters:
  • Dem/Repubicans need to improve their strategy to win more of the third party voters. Instead of blaming them.
  • We as a country need to figure out the root cause(s) behind why third party voters are such an issue. In 2016 the actual problem was the electoral college allowing a President who did not win the popular vote, win the election...because he won some swing states by incredibly small margins. Why do we even have still have the electoral college in 2019? This shyt has happened multiple times now :damn:
  • Continue to drive an increase in voter turnout. (Haven't seen 60%+ voter turnout in 50+ years)
  • Fix issues with gerrymandering, vote suppression and similar issues.
Me personally, if I'm in a swing state that is close: I'm not voting third party, I understand how our shytty election system works. But I am not going to demonize other people for exercising their right to vote. I wish everyone voted and was more informed.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes, any vote for Republican or Third Party hurts the Democrats. Who's job is it to convince people to not vote Third Party or Republican? Why was Hillary worse at this compared to Obama?

I respect people's right to vote and their right to vote for who they want, even if I personally think you're a POS for voting for certain people.
You don't even think Hillary ran a good campaign, so why we putting the weight on third party voters?
Time to run a good campaign in 2020.

You can't look at politics in a vacuum; the political environment in 2008/2012 was different than 2016.

Trump's election (and the rise of the alt-right) was largely backlash against having a black president, just like Obama's was backlash against Bush. While Hillary didn't run a very good campaign, any Democrat would've had a harder time winning in 2016 than 2008.

That said, it's pretty clear that regardless of all that, 3rd party votes hurt Clinton more than Trump.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
You can't look at politics in a vacuum; the political environment in 2008/2012 was different than 2016.

Trump's election (and the rise of the alt-right) was largely backlash against having a black president, just like Obama's was backlash against Bush. While Hillary didn't run a very good campaign, any Democrat would've had a harder time winning in 2016 than 2008.

That said, it's pretty clear that regardless of all that, 3rd party votes hurt Clinton more than Trump.

Perhaps, but where does the blame primarily lie? On those voters for voting third party? Or on Hillary for not "running a very good campaign?"
My issue is that when people point out the impact of the third party vote, it tends to be in a way that blames the third-party voters, while largely ignoring the how well the candidate ran their own campaign. We're meant to acknowledge that Hillary didn't do a good job, but there's also the expectation that she deserved more of the votes.

Surely Hillary not running a very good campaign hurt her ability to earn votes. Some of those votes turned into third-party votes, some trump votes and some people didn't even bother voting.

Whoever runs in 2020 is not going to be able to control the political environment, the only thing they can control will be the strength of their campaign. With all of the momentum from 2018 and having an actual criminal in office, Dems cannot drop the ball and start blaming third-party voters.

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
We need to the press (not the MSM) to quote Trump to himself regarding his re-election campaign.

Hit him with this Art of the Deal quote:
"The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves. but they can get very excited by those who do. That is why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest, the greatest and the most spectacular."

So, Mr President how key will that be your re-election strategy? :feedme::scust::blessed:

Then let him talk...talk about fukkerry... :jawalrus:

But what do I know, I'm just a nicca from Charleston...

Looking forward to the debates!

But, fukk calling Congress, the Press is what's failing. They love the ratings and advertisement rates too much...the truth is alternative facts is in more circles than you realize. We all we got.

We gotta press the Press. :leon:

Respectfully

Last edited:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
How do you know this?:jbhmm:
Because I live in an area where the Republican vote is well represented and many Republicans vote Libertarian if they don't fukk with the Republican candidate. I don't know of very many Democrat libertarian voters. I'm one of the few who would even consider voting that way