Cold War II: The United States vs Trump and Co. A Russian Affair

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That's not the question I asked you breh. I said if you eliminate the votes does he still win. His victory of margin in those states remains the same if you eliminate Steins votes.
I gave you a logical answer.

Polls showed 3rd party voters lowered Clinton's margins by 1 percent.

Stein took 1.1 percent of votes in key swing states.

Negged.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I gave you a logical answer.

Polls showed 3rd party voters lowered Clinton's margins by 1 percent.

Stein took 1.1 percent of votes in key swing states.

Negged.
Logically, if any of the people who voted for Stein cared about whether Trump won or not, they probably would've just voted for Clinton. Y'all fail to realize that these third party votes were a vote against both candidates. Not a preference pick

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Logically, if any of the people who voted for Stein cared about whether Trump won or not, they probably would've just voted for Clinton. Y'all fail to realize that these third party votes were a vote against both candidates. Not a preference pick
That's not bthe argument. The argument is if there were only two options Clinton would have had more voters.

I've presented you with actual data to back this up.

Voting isn't merely voting against someone.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
That's not bthe argument. The argument is if there were only two options Clinton would have had more voters.

I've presented you with actual data to back this up.

Voting isn't merely voting against someone.
We talking IFS here breh. No one fukking knows the answer. So stop acting like YOU have it. Speaking for me who voted third party, knowing myself then, I would have not voted period.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Michigan:
Obama in 2012 wins by +10%
Obama in 2008 wins by 17%

Pennsylvania:
Obama in 2012 +6%
Obama in 2008 +10%

Wisconsin:
Obama in 2012 +7%
Obama in 2008 +14%

Hillary loses all three states, but she loses by a slim margin so hey...let's blame people who voted third party.
This is like when you lose a basketball game by a couple of points, so you blame the refs.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
We talking IFS here breh. No one fukking knows the answer. So stop acting like YOU have it. Speaking for me who voted third party, knowing myself then, I would have not voted period.

:snoop:

Y'all are literally arguing to be arguing - @Call Me James just posted the numbers for you. For example, if Hillary lost by 10K votes and Stein received 50K votes, all Hillary needed was a quarter of that 50K to beat Trump in that one example. Completely ignoring the fact that Jill f*cking Stein brought in 5 times the number of votes that Hilary lost by.

Third party candidates only hurt Democrats, that was the original point that several of you are missing with clear evidence staring you in the face.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Michigan:
Obama in 2012 wins by +10%
Obama in 2008 wins by 17%

Pennsylvania:
Obama in 2012 +6%
Obama in 2008 +10%

Wisconsin:
Obama in 2012 +7%
Obama in 2008 +14%

Hillary loses all three states, but she loses by a slim margin so hey...let's blame people who voted third party.
This is like when you lose a basketball game by a couple of points, so you blame the refs.
Thanks for helping prove my point with this completely irrelevant post.

In both 2008 and 2012, all third party candidates combined for 2% or less of the ballot access vote while in 2016 they accounted for over 5%. We're talking about 2 million votes total between all third party candidates to the almost 6 million between Johnson and Stein alone in 2016.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

Y'all are literally arguing to be arguing - @Call Me James just posted the numbers for you. For example, if Hillary lost by 10K votes and Stein received 50K votes, all Hillary needed was a quarter of that 50K to beat Trump in that one example. Completely ignoring the fact that Jill f*cking Stein brought in 5 times the number of votes that Hilary lost by.

Third party candidates only hurt Democrats, that was the original point that several of you are missing with clear evidence staring you in the face.

You're assuming that those 50k votes would have went to Clinton. You're also ignoring that Clinton thought going to Nevada was more important than going back up to the Great Lake states.

But carry on. :coffee:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

The numbers posted just reflected Jill Stein though. If you completely eliminate third party voting, you're eliminating the libertarian vote which means that the same case you're making for Clinton can be used for Trump. IFS

The only way to know whether third party voting really did in Clinton is to know how the exact ratio of third party voters would have voted if they had to choose between the two. It only affects the outcome of Clinton wins the majority of the third party vote. No one knows that she would have. Gary Johnson won more votes than Stein and Gary Johnson voters are NOT voting Clinton

Last edited:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The numbers posted just reflected Jill Stein though. If you completely eliminate third party voting, you're eliminating the libertarian vote which means that the same case you're making for Clinton can be used for Trump. IFS

The only way to know whether third party voting really did in Clinton is to know how the exact ratio of third party voters would have voted if they had to choose between the two. It only affects the outcome of Clinton wins the majority of the third party vote. No one knows that she would have. Gary Johnson won more votes than Stein and Gary Johnson voters are NOT voting Clinton

How do you know this?:jbhmm: