Cold War II: The United States vs Trump and Co. A Russian Affair

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I guess we should absolve non voters of blame for Trump being in office too.:mjlol:

The idea that apathy and passiveness equals conplicitness in war crimes / civil rights abuses / destruction of democracy flies in the face of these enlightened centrists thinking they, in fact, are the good people for being "above it all and able to see through the politics bullshyt"

These dudes feel very attacked by any criticism that does not put all the blame on the "others", the Trump base in Middle America, blaming anyone else just ISNT FAIR DAMNIT ITS HARD TO BE A GOOD PERSON

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Thanks for helping prove my point with this completely irrelevant post.

In both 2008 and 2012, all third party candidates combined for 2% or less of the ballot access vote while in 2016 they accounted for over 5%. We're talking about 2 million votes total between all third party candidates to the almost 6 million between Johnson and Stein alone in 2016.

Instead of blaming people who voted third party, maybe the right question to ask is:
What did Hillary do wrong in her campaign that drove so many people to vote third party? (Especially in critical swing states)
And what can be done in 2020 to stop it from happening again? How do you get those people to vote Dem?

Also what is the ideal solution here? That no one votes third party?
Should people only be allowed to vote Democrat/Republican in presidential elections? Should we get rid of the option to vote third party?

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Instead of blaming people who voted third party, maybe the right question to ask is:
What did Hillary do wrong in her campaign that drove so many people to vote third party? (Especially in critical swing states)
And what can be done in 2020 to stop it from happening again? How do you get those people to vote Dem?

Also what is the ideal solution here? That no one votes third party?
Should people only be allowed to vote Democrat/Republican in presidential elections? Should we get rid of the option to vote third party?
All of this assumes that I believe Hillary Clinton ran a good campaign. She did not but that does not take away from the fact that third party candidates hurt democrats

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Nope. You all said we should not hold. 3rd party voters liable for voting for the platform they like the most

So similarly,It's not the candidates role to convince people who fall outside of their platform To vote for them.

:troll:

It was written.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
All of this assumes that I believe Hillary Clinton ran a good campaign. She did not but that does not take away from the fact that third party candidates hurt democrats

Yes, any vote for Republican or Third Party hurts the Democrats. Who's job is it to convince people to not vote Third Party or Republican? Why was Hillary worse at this compared to Obama?

I respect people's right to vote and their right to vote for who they want, even if I personally think you're a POS for voting for certain people.
You don't even think Hillary ran a good campaign, so why we putting the weight on third party voters?
Time to run a good campaign in 2020.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If I open a store but am losing business to other stores that are "inferior", I'm going to blame the customers?
But your initial arguments have been

• Clinton was the inferior store so they decided to hit their local store instead of walmart
  • That her advertising is bad and no one knew Walmart existed
Point one means point 2 can't possibly also be true because they knowingly chose to b over a.

Further, if I concede to your position that they are choosing an inferior product you're making the initial point @Hood Critic made about 3rd party voters harming Clinton in 2016.

Youre also arguing against the previous points you and @JMurder were pushing that they were never going to vote dem in the first place.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Let's take it further.

Voting 3rd party in 2016 was like taking medicine you know won't work, but it makes you feel better saying your taking something.

Voting third party NEVER "works."
What is the solution? Should we not allow third party voting? Attempt to shame the people who do it? Is everyone either a Dem/Republican?

How about we get rid of the electoral college so people in swing states aren't as "forced" to vote for people they don't want to vote for. (Also so my vote in Texas isn't rendered completely irrelevant.)
That won't happen before 2020, so in the mean time, I need the Dems to not have a repeat of 2016 where they lose out on votes to third party candidates.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il