Cold War II: The United States vs Trump and Co. A Russian Affair

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There's a thread for complaining about politicians and candidates.

That said progressives need to grow up unless you're enjoying the slide to oblivion and that's where we're heading

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem

Will a progressive candidate get the vote of the CAC in this tweet who wants to give Trump "at least" another 4 years

You nikkas really need to stop. Come November 2020, ya'll better get your heads out of your asses and do the right thing, otherwise I don't want to hear shyt.

At least another four years? :dwillhuh: Folks this dense shouldn't be allowed to vote.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
A lot of VERY centrist "democrats", I personally know, my father included, like to make the case that

A) Hillary was a bad candidate

B)The way to 2020 is in centrist policies from Biden,

C) You can't call Trump voters racist, (at least if you want to win) and they voted for Obama in 2012

@GnauzBookOfRhymes, I think at a minimum those numbers are grossly distorted, and furthermore, it is meaningless if they did, because they will never flip from Trump to a democract, no matter how centrist. That said, I don't know enough about districts or have the numbers to run, but it's not at all a sure thing that

1) Progressives can win the election without the former Obama voters

2) Centrists can win the election without the progressives

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
A lot of VERY centrist "democrats", I personally know, my father included, like to make the case that

A) Hillary was a bad candidate

B)The way to 2020 is in centrist policies from Biden,

C) You can't call Trump voters racist, (at least if you want to win) and they voted for Obama in 2012

@GnauzBookOfRhymes, I think at a minimum those numbers are grossly distorted, and furthermore, it is meaningless if they did, because they will never flip from Trump to a democract, no matter how centrist. That said, I don't know enough about districts or have the numbers to run, but it's not at all a sure thing that

1) Progressives can win the election without the former Obama voters

2) Centrists can win the election without the progressives
Oh I think you know the answer to this breh

It's why when push comes to shove, conservatives remain on code

fukk around if y'all want to :ufdup:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Oh I think you know the answer to this breh

It's why when push comes to shove, conservatives remain on code

fukk around if y'all want to :ufdup:

I truly don't, and I will vote Democrat no matter who is chosen, no one has that answer, it all comes down to numbers and districts, I bet the top strategists don't know this answer either. There could be as many "Centrist Democrats" who won't vote for Warren, or Sanders, as "Progressive liberals" who won't vote for Biden or Harris. It's dangerous.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
2020 is shaping up to be like 2016, the Democrat's issue then and now is the war of progressives vs. moderates. This go around the Republican defectors and swing voters will swallow their pride and cast a vote for the moderate candidate in order to get rid of Trump. The problem there is that the D base has grown more aligned with progressive ideas and the candidates who are pushing them, rejecting the more moderate candidates. The defectors and swing voters are holding their vote hostage based on this war and the D leadership is looking as weak as ever trying to cater to these people.

The reality is, the defectors and swing voters have to either sh*t or get off of the pot at this point. They should not be allowed to dictate the direction or future of the D party based on the idea of simply getting rid of Trump. Especially since no matter who gets the nomination and God willing, the WH, they are almost certainly not going to vote for them for re-election or another D. So the leadership needs to stop pandering for what is perceived as guaranteed votes and instead need to motivate the D base who stayed at home in 2016 and who may do the same with a nominee who is looking to work in the existing system instead of attempting to change it. They are either going to get on the same page of getting him the f*ck out the paint or moving to the side but they should not be given any power to influence the party in any way.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
@New Jeruzalem Journalist

PROGRESSIVES DO NOT HAVE THE VOTER TURNOUT, THE DESIRE TO RUN, NOR THE ELECTION RESULTS TO SUPPORT ANY OF THESE THEORIES.

@DEAD7 makes this argument frequently, but the further the dems go left the more elections they've lost. :francis:

senate majority leader just told yall the election of Obama fired up conservatives. :jbhmm:

Some of this stems from the Dems not pushing progressive candidates, which means progressives are likely to feel disenfranchised. Even the progressives we have in office now have to deal with pushback from within their own party.

I will not vote in a way that benefits Trump but it’s fukk joe Biden for me. He is preferable to Trump but that’s true for basically anyone running. I never hear people praising his platform just the idea that he’s the safest bet to beat Trump.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Some of this stems from the Dems not pushing progressive candidates, which means progressives are likely to feel disenfranchised. Even the progressives we have in office now have to deal with pushback from within their own party.

I will not vote in a way that benefits Trump but it’s fukk joe Biden for me. He is preferable to Trump but that’s true for basically anyone running. I never hear people praising his platform just the idea that he’s the safest bet to beat Trump.
That’s because joe doesn’t have any policy he’s actually outlined. Just a desire to return to the status quo from a couple years ago, which isn’t sustainable anyway. That and a desire to work with a senate that’s made explicitly clear its desire to sabotage anything that would be good for the people who live in this country. Keeping the peace even at the cost of justice and a viable future.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
That’s because joe doesn’t have any policy he’s actually outlined. Just a desire to return to the status quo from a couple years ago, which isn’t sustainable anyway. That and a desire to work with a senate that’s made explicitly clear its desire to sabotage anything that would be good for the people who live in this country. Keeping the peace even at the cost of justice and a viable future.

Everything is based on fear of Trump instead of fear four our country.
Oh we can't impeach Trump because he's a criminal, that'll make him a surefire 2020 winner!
Oh we have to roll with Biden even though he's not the best Democrat for me, or else Trump will win 2020 again!

The focus right now should be on figuring out which Dem candidate is actually best for America and moving them forward.
If it's Biden fine, but I don't see it.
All of the people expecting others to fall in line and vote for Biden if he wins, should also be willing to fall in line and vote for a progressive if they win.

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I truly don't, and I will vote Democrat no matter who is chosen, no one has that answer, it all comes down to numbers and districts, I bet the top strategists don't know this answer either. There could be as many "Centrist Democrats" who won't vote for Warren, or Sanders, as "Progressive liberals" who won't vote for Biden or Harris. It's dangerous.
There are way more centrist democrats than progressive democrats, read an article earlier about it that I will post when I get home. I guess it's just a tough pill to swallow for me that even most democrats don't want progressive policies outside of Medicare for all. Which means Biden will probably be the nominee which is better than Trump but honestly not a whole lot better. Biden is a corporatist who will continue to further the interests of the oligarchs, probably way more effective than Trump at doing so. In some ways he is scarier than Trump because he could be effective at what he does. But he's more predictable and less inflammatory to our allies and looks presidential.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
There are way more centrist democrats than progressive democrats, read an article earlier about it that I will post when I get home. I guess it's just a tough pill to swallow for me that even most democrats don't want progressive policies outside of Medicare for all. Which means Biden will probably be the nominee which is better than Trump but honestly not a whole lot better. Biden is a corporatist who will continue to further the interests of the oligarchs, probably way more effective than Trump at doing so. In some ways he is scarier than Trump because he could be effective at what he does. But he's more predictable and less inflammatory to our allies and looks presidential.
If Hilary was a failure what makes you think Biden is better?