Coffee thread

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I keep it simple...on my way to work I stop at the Royal Farm, 20 oz Columbian or Kona...vanilla caramel creamer...2 sugars...Good start to the day

I try not to pay 20 bucks for a cup of coffee but Gas station Coffee..... I guess it will keep your eyes open.

Do you fukk with their chicken?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Funny that I'm in a coffee country but the best coffee I ever had was Sidamo Coffee from Ethiopia in DC.

Obviously no coffee country allows foriegn blends so I'm fukked.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I got into cold brew drip coffee takes a awhile to make but totally worth it.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
I try not to pay 20 bucks for a cup of coffee but Gas station Coffee..... I guess it will keep your eyes open.

Do you fukk with their chicken?
I don’t really fucc with Royal Farms anymore on a daily…to me their coffee went down hill…every now and then I’ll cop some tenders and wedges

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I don’t really fucc with Royal Farms anymore on a daily…to me their coffee went down hill…every now and then I’ll cop some tenders and wedges

yeah the issue is that coffee is sitting in those holders all day. And when that Black girl did that experiment we know they never clean out fast food ice makers.

That being said I've guzzled their coffee when on I-95 exhausted. I know a chick from the Army who just become an owner operator, I'm gonna ask her what she drinks when she's seeing sheep on the road while behind the wheel.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
yeah the issue is that coffee is sitting in those holders all day. And when that Black girl did that experiment we know they never clean out fast food ice makers.

That being said I've guzzled their coffee when on I-95 exhausted. I know a chick from the Army who just become an owner operator, I'm gonna ask her what she drinks when she's seeing sheep on the road while behind the wheel.
Normally I’ll just drink some 8 o’clock or Bustelo at home before I head out to work…if I’m running late I’ll stop at Dunkin

I thought about buying a Nespresso machine…my cousin always talking good about it

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Top 5 brands for me;

Lavazza - Espresso, medium roast. Savory and lightly tangy flavors, very noticeable, very aromatic

Kona/White macademia blend - Half kona beans and half arabica with very heavy sweet/vanilla flavors, always fun to drink.

Alto Grande - Coffee from puerto rico - great tasting, bold/earthy flavors. Volcanic soil always breeds the best.

Folgers Black Silk - probably the best tasting dark roast coffee I've ever tasted, and I've had everything over the course of 20 years of drinking coffee. Subtle acidic flavor, earthy, strong aromatic, none of the harshness that comes with typical dark roasts. The strong tones leave your taste buds immediately, perfect dark roast.

Nitro brew - It gets number 1 because I never drink cold brews, never liked them, but the velvety texture mixed with a sweet cream, just makes this coffee the GOAT for me. I always grab a cup whenever going anywhere.

Bustelo is nice for the uninitiated, spicy, some tangy flavors, and an overall "good" coffee experience, but not the best or second best by any means.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Started with a hot brew. The citrus taste was overwhelming :picard:

With a cold brew the flavor is more nuanced.

In general, you want to start with a medium roast, preferably whole bean. Grind it course and use a French press. Because Rwandan coffee is grown near lakes, its very acidic, mixed with citrus flavors. So you want a base of a milk (just a bit) to tone it all down. I'd even put a tea spoon of cocoa powder if possible. You'll get a nice buttery/chocolate flavor, the tang of the citrus will be a quick after taste.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Normally I’ll just drink some 8 o’clock or Bustelo at home before I head out to work…if I’m running late I’ll stop at Dunkin

I thought about buying a Nespresso machine…my cousin always talking good about it

Buy a French press and ground coffee (preferably whole bean which you can grind yourself, but if you're busy, don't bother). Nespresso is fine if you want quick boosts, but if you want to sit down and enjoy a cup, French press/pour over is the way to go.