Coffee thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get my beans from a local roaster. I make it for me and my wife in the morning so I don't have time to do pour over. I got a Bonavita 1900ts drip machine and OXO conical burr grinder. We both drink our coffee black. I prefer light coffees, but it seems like my machine prefers to do medium to dark roasts better.
:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
you guys seem to take this coffee shyt srs
There are world class coffee beans available at the click of a mouse. There is world class beer available at damn near every liquor store in the USA

I dont consume beverages like that unless they are world class. I aint trying to settle for mediocrity:scusthov:

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bout to detox. Can't go wrong with Bustelo, but i switched to pricier organic coffee with organic milk because I heard it's healthier. But that shyt just wires me and not worth the extra cents.

anything above three cups a day is crazy, that's what I do.

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
Is it sad that I like a crap ton of creamer in my coffee?

I just like the smooth creaminess it gives the coffee. Especially some strong coffee.

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
What y'all think bout that illy

coffee-Illy-Whole-Coffee-Beans-Dark.jpg

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Unless you live by a top tier coffee roaster (top 1% in the US in quality) you are probably getting the same outdated overroasted garbage no matter what the fancy name on the label says.

If you have to add any cream or sugar to your coffee, your coffee beans suck

I won't even order a bag of beans that hasn't scored at least a 94 on coffeereview.com. My favorite place to order from is Johnson Brothers Coffee out of Madison, WI because they usually have at least one or two very solid beans in stock at any given time, and their shipping is reasonable to my home. But I will order beans from all over the United States.

The only coffee shop that I have ever lived by that was worthy of walking into was 30/30 Coffee in Peoria, IL. All these other mom and pop shops are fukking garbage.

Yes, I am a snob. Yes, I put a thermometer in my coffee and won't drink it until it cools down below 140 degrees. Maximum flavor. I aint trying to choke down some burnt watery trash just to catch a caffeine buzz:dame:

Luckily, truly artisinal coffee is starting to get popular so more great shops will be popping up. A very easy way to tell whether a shop is good or not is "do they offer pour overs prominently on their menu"
I wanna be a coffee snob like this:whoo: