Coffee thread

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I go to Starbucks daily; I'm sure there's better options but I'm satisfied with it; besides it's more because I know the people who work/go there than anything else.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Unless you live by a top tier coffee roaster (top 1% in the US in quality) you are probably getting the same outdated overroasted garbage no matter what the fancy name on the label says.

If you have to add any cream or sugar to your coffee, your coffee beans suck

I won't even order a bag of beans that hasn't scored at least a 94 on coffeereview.com. My favorite place to order from is Johnson Brothers Coffee out of Madison, WI because they usually have at least one or two very solid beans in stock at any given time, and their shipping is reasonable to my home. But I will order beans from all over the United States.

The only coffee shop that I have ever lived by that was worthy of walking into was 30/30 Coffee in Peoria, IL. All these other mom and pop shops are fukking garbage.

Yes, I am a snob. Yes, I put a thermometer in my coffee and won't drink it until it cools down below 140 degrees. Maximum flavor. I aint trying to choke down some burnt watery trash just to catch a caffeine buzz:dame:

Luckily, truly artisinal coffee is starting to get popular so more great shops will be popping up. A very easy way to tell whether a shop is good or not is "do they offer pour overs prominently on their menu"
Never a half/arse response

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unless you live by a top tier coffee roaster (top 1% in the US in quality) you are probably getting the same outdated overroasted garbage no matter what the fancy name on the label says.

If you have to add any cream or sugar to your coffee, your coffee beans suck

I won't even order a bag of beans that hasn't scored at least a 94 on coffeereview.com. My favorite place to order from is Johnson Brothers Coffee out of Madison, WI because they usually have at least one or two very solid beans in stock at any given time, and their shipping is reasonable to my home. But I will order beans from all over the United States.

The only coffee shop that I have ever lived by that was worthy of walking into was 30/30 Coffee in Peoria, IL. All these other mom and pop shops are fukking garbage.

Yes, I am a snob. Yes, I put a thermometer in my coffee and won't drink it until it cools down below 140 degrees. Maximum flavor. I aint trying to choke down some burnt watery trash just to catch a caffeine buzz:dame:

Luckily, truly artisinal coffee is starting to get popular so more great shops will be popping up. A very easy way to tell whether a shop is good or not is "do they offer pour overs prominently on their menu"
Interesting. :ehh:

Please know that you are a terrible human being.
:coffee:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I get my beans from a local roaster. I make it for me and my wife in the morning so I don't have time to do pour over. I got a Bonavita 1900ts drip machine and OXO conical burr grinder. We both drink our coffee black. I prefer light coffees, but it seems like my machine prefers to do medium to dark roasts better.