Coffee thread

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
no on Kerri's; they don't get hot enough. maybe for tea, but not for coffee. Order from Black and White Coffee Roasters; there are a couple great brothers involved with that company. Also try Three Keys Coffee which is based out of Houston. Husband and wife team doing great things down there
Cool. Mylar bag?

Don De Dieu

Standing in the sun getting black as I want
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee
no on Kerri's; they don't get hot enough. maybe for tea, but not for coffee. Order from Black and White Coffee Roasters; there are a couple great brothers involved with that company. Also try Three Keys Coffee which is based out of Houston. Husband and wife team doing great things down there

You know what's up - that's my favorite roaster. Drinking a pourover of the Yabitu Koba as I type.

@TripleAgent In addition to Black and White, you can't go wrong with:

Sweet Bloom
Onyx
Brio
Regalia
Parlor
Sey
Idle Hands
Ruby

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What do you guys like more? Hario Dripper or Clever Dripper? I'm considering purchasing one of them.

BTW I think I made some of the best cold brew I've made! I had to cold brew it for over 24 hours and seal it in a container as to not expose it to air and oxidize it. It's not nearly as bitter as my previous iterations.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is it worth me dropping $200 on one of these Fellow Gooseneck Kettles :patrice:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First day trying the Kenyan coffee.

Not bad. I’ve actually had this before without knowing it. I guess I went to a cafe once and they served this because the flavor is very familiar.

Good coffee. Not my favorite. I don’t find it too acidic or anything. I’ll finish the bag for sure. But I’m probably not going to buy it again.

Gonna take a few weeks to go through it.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
trying to quit this shyt but i didn't know Bialetti and Dolce & Gabbana did a collab :ehh:

nm_4631019_100000_a

i just got the coffee, already have a moka pot

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got gifted one of these recently.

I also got myself a Fellow Stagg Kettle

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Been on a cold brew kick lately.
Best way to make a good cold brew?

I make ice cream and wanna make my own cold brew instead of buying .

Should I get a French press ?

I got a keuriq for my everyday .

Don’t use pre made pods I got the one were you use your own .

Someone just brought me my fav coffee from dr .

So I wanan make a cold brew .

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Best way to make a good cold brew?

I make ice cream and wanna make my own cold brew instead of buying .

Should I get a French press ?

I got a keuriq for my everyday .

Don’t use pre made pods I got the one were you use your own .

Someone just brought me my fav coffee from dr .

So I wanan make a cold brew .
I prefer French Press and I make a concentrate. I also recommend brewing the coffee for over 24 hours otherwise the coffee tastes bitter and not as full.

I also recommend a coarser grind for a cold brew.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
trying to quit this shyt but i didn't know Bialetti and Dolce & Gabbana did a collab :ehh:

nm_4631019_100000_a

i just got the coffee, already have a moka pot
I would never get this.

Every Moka pot I go thru ends up looking like shyt after 6 weeks. It still makes a good coffee.

But I wouldn’t want something too pretty because it won’t look good for long.

s@n

All Star
Daps
What do you guys like more? Hario Dripper or Clever Dripper? I'm considering purchasing one of them.

BTW I think I made some of the best cold brew I've made! I had to cold brew it for over 24 hours and seal it in a container as to not expose it to air and oxidize it. It's not nearly as bitter as my previous iterations.
the clever is fantastic for playing with dwell (contact) time. Hario makes the v60 pourer in many mediums (copper, glass, plastic) and each will have slightly different extraction dynamics because of that, but you won't go wrong with either. Plenty of great vids on YouTube for that
@s@n Forgot to ask. What to use to cold brew?
my bad! It depends on body vs top end flavor and acid. A cold brew is with a coarser ground and long dwell time, because there is less surface area to extract. There will be some soluble that slough off in the process, resulting in a more body-forward brew. If you use a flash brew technique where you brew what is essentially a double weight of coffee over ice (usually something that will amount to about half of your final preferred volume), the acidic notes are preserved. It's similar to flash freezing veggies.
Got gifted one of these recently.

I also got myself a Fellow Stagg Kettle

you have a nice prosumer setup with the scale and brewer, I hope you have a good grinder. Bodum makes great conicals close to 100$. If you don't mind a manual conical, the Hario Skeleton is great, and you can actually to a hand drill mod

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the clever is fantastic for playing with dwell (contact) time. Hario makes the v60 pourer in many mediums (copper, glass, plastic) and each will have slightly different extraction dynamics because of that, but you won't go wrong with either. Plenty of great vids on YouTube for that

my bad! It depends on body vs top end flavor and acid. A cold brew is with a coarser ground and long dwell time, because there is less surface area to extract. There will be some soluble that slough off in the process, resulting in a more body-forward brew. If you use a flash brew technique where you brew what is essentially a double weight of coffee over ice (usually something that will amount to about half of your final preferred volume), the acidic notes are preserved. It's similar to flash freezing veggies.

you have a nice prosumer setup with the scale and brewer, I hope you have a good grinder. Bodum makes great conicals close to 100$. If you don't mind a manual conical, the Hario Skeleton is great, and you can actually to a hand drill mod
I bought a Baratza Virtuoso Plus during the pandemic so I think I'm set.

The Porlex Hand Grinder is nice.