Cody Rhodes Finally Finishing The Story At Wrestlemania 40 Appreciation Thread - WE DID IT BREHS!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I got $20 cash app or paypal bets all week for whoever thinks Cody’s going to go for Seth’s belt :mjlol:

I think Rock vs Roman has to happen. I think Rock called in a favor to get his kid as Smackdown GM and to get Nia her job back. So in return he has to do WrestleMania.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I think Rock vs Roman has to happen. I think Rock called in a favor to get his kid as Smackdown GM and to get Nia her job back. So in return he has to do WrestleMania.

Rock Roman is happening.

Just not this year(prediction, not a report)

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I think ya'll go overboard with the hating on the new belt thing.

It was made so the most popular show had a primary champion. It matters because of that fact.

The main belt being on the other show and defended once every few months wasn't it. It works as part of a greater whole but not as the only primary belt.

The top of the mountain being the IC/US belt was jokes :pachaha:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Be the first person to win back to back Rumbles since Stone Cold but have people believe you challenging injured Seth at Wrestlemania brehs

:laff: :laff: :ufdup:

Wrestlemania not until April— if Cody said he facing Roman right now everyone will complain about how they’re bored and are just ready for the match to happen

This way wwe can have you guys complaining about the thought of Cody facing Seth

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I think ya'll go overboard with the hating on the new belt thing.

It was made so the most popular show had a primary champion. It matters because of that fact.

The main belt being on the other show and defended once every few months wasn't it. It works as part of a greater whole but not as the only primary belt.

The top of the mountain being the IC/US belt was jokes :pachaha:

Triple H did that cause he's a hack and thinks a prop can make people. Also giving into the iwc morons who kept complaining about no belt. So now they see the same matches they were gonna see and it has a belt, how did that make it better? No Seth is still the same boring bozo.

Roman holding wwe hostage and being the ultimate big bad was a better path than this garbage. And the prop belts woulda added to the character/story.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Triple H did that cause he's a hack and thinks a prop can make people. Also giving into the iwc morons who kept complaining about no belt. So now they see the same matches they were gonna see and it has a belt, how did that make it better? No Seth is still the same boring bozo.

Roman holding wwe hostage and being the ultimate big bad was a better path than this garbage. And the prop belts woulda added to the character/story.

I think ya'll problem is with Rollins and not the belt.

Let's not forget Roman's run started with the "2ndary prop". He didn't get the "real prop" until halfway through lol.

The wrestler makes the prop, not the other way around. Ya'll just don't like Rollins and its leaking out.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I was hopeful - once they started saying on tv that only 3 men had the record of going back to back Wrestlemania wins (Stone Cold, HBK, Hulk Hogan) something told me Cody was going to win it.

Plus the Finish the (your) story tagline on the game.

People have to admit that was a master work promo he did and it pretty much - changed the game for him in WWE. He was already going there, but I maintain that Trips saw that backstage and thought "I'm going to make that guy a fukking champion - as long as he can stay with it"

They had me the entire end of the men's Rumble...Punk's exhaustion actually worked because it was drawn out, torturous thinking "who's going to win this?" and then he makes that comment about Dusty's kid - you know if Cody gets thrown its damn but if Punk gets thrown its deserved - and Cody just tosses him over.

:blessed:
Great moment.

This was a dope promo :ehh:

Let's not forget Roman's run started with the "2ndary prop". He didn't get the "real prop" until halfway through lol.

The wrestler makes the prop, not the other way around. Ya'll just don't like Rollins and its leaking out.
I’d say the problem ain’t Rollins, it’s how predictable the whole thing was. From before the tournament participants were even announced most knew this was gone be a belt for Seth. AJ shoulda been the inaugural champ, then dropped it to Seth at SummerSlam or something. Title woulda had prestige from the very beginning and Seth reign would be more celebrated than it is now. :ehh:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This was a dope promo :ehh:

I’d say the problem ain’t Rollins, it’s how predictable the whole thing was. From before the tournament participants were even announced most knew this was gone be a belt for Seth. AJ shoulda been the inaugural champ, then dropped it to Seth at SummerSlam or something. Title woulda had prestige from the very beginning and Seth reign would be more celebrated than it is now. :ehh:

Why would AJ winning the belt before Seth have made it mean more?

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.

I like Rollins - a lot - no problem with Rollins.

I hated the Universal Title for the same reason I hate the WHC - You don't need two world heavyweight titles.

RAW ratings held fine the entire time Roman had both belts. Wrestlemania 39 was the highest grossing Wrestlemania of all time with Saturday night being headlined by the tag championships.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

That's what I said though. That the prop doesn't make the man it just adds to it.

If they didn't make that belt Cody beating Roman and splitting it means even more too.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Be the first person to win back to back Rumbles since Stone Cold but have people believe you challenging injured Seth at Wrestlemania brehs

:laff: :laff: :ufdup:

Wrestlemania not until April— if Cody said he facing Roman right now everyone will complain about how they’re bored and are just ready for the match to happen

This way wwe can have you guys complaining about the thought of Cody facing Seth
Cody said in the rumble press conference it was Roman.

Think they just did this because of Punk’s injury and they unsure of what to do for night 1 now.