Cody Rhodes Finally Finishing The Story At Wrestlemania 40 Appreciation Thread - WE DID IT BREHS!

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@Trav @smitty22 I TOLD YALL nikkaS :banderas: :blessed:

boshshower.gif

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He was the one to beat Roman as soon as he signed.

Put in the work, won as much support as he can after being a secondary thought to Sami and Bloodline angle.

Good on Hunter for committing to a long term storyline, and doing it well.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
He was the one to beat Roman as soon as he signed.

Put in the work, won as much support as he can after being a secondary thought to Sami and Bloodline angle.

Good on Hunter for committing to a long term storyline, and doing it well.

Yep, and he isnt half assing it either. He's doing all the lieve events, doing all the media work. even loved by the kids.

He's the chosen one.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Don’t really see the appeal of this guy

Seems like generic cac wrestler
He’s the best of a very thin upper card right now.

Roster has a lot of mid and lower card acts, but Cody, Gunther, Rollins, and maybe LA Knight are the only real guys they got to contend there in the upper card. Randy seems like he’s there to put guys over at this point and carry younger talent.

Cody is above average in the ring and comparably solid on with his mic work and the crowd loves him.

I’m more interested in what they do with his character after he dethrones Roman. That will be more interesting to me.

I personally think heels make better champs and you can do a bit more with storylines while having the babyfaces on hunt. Once the babyface overcomes the odds and wins you’re more limited with what you can do with storylines.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Don’t really see the appeal of this guy

Seems like generic cac wrestler
Well, he was CAWdy for a huge chunk of his early career. :lolbron: He started finding himself over time with the Dashing-to-Disfigured gimmick, DustBros tag team, and early Stardust before it jumped the shark. I missed out on his indie/early AEW days and don’t care for his current character either (even as a kid I wasn’t a big fan of MURICA gimmicks like Hoegan and Luger - King Kurt got a pass though), but the WWE fans are loving it. I honestly thought he would flop after returning. Seems like they finally found their new male babyface without forcing it :manny:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Trav @smitty22 I TOLD YALL nikkaS :banderas: :blessed:

boshshower.gif
I was hopeful - once they started saying on tv that only 3 men had the record of going back to back Wrestlemania wins (Stone Cold, HBK, Hulk Hogan) something told me Cody was going to win it.

Plus the Finish the (your) story tagline on the game.

People have to admit that was a master work promo he did and it pretty much - changed the game for him in WWE. He was already going there, but I maintain that Trips saw that backstage and thought "I'm going to make that guy a fukking champion - as long as he can stay with it"

They had me the entire end of the men's Rumble...Punk's exhaustion actually worked because it was drawn out, torturous thinking "who's going to win this?" and then he makes that comment about Dusty's kid - you know if Cody gets thrown its damn but if Punk gets thrown its deserved - and Cody just tosses him over.

:blessed:
Great moment.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
He’s the best of a very thin upper card right now.

Roster has a lot of mid and lower card acts, but Cody, Gunther, Rollins, and maybe LA Knight are the only real guys they got to contend there in the upper card. Randy seems like he’s there to put guys over at this point and carry younger talent.

Cody is above average in the ring and comparably solid on with his mic work and the crowd loves him.

I’m more interested in what they do with his character after he dethrones Roman. That will be more interesting to me.

I personally think heels make better champs and you can do a bit more with storylines while having the babyfaces on hunt. Once the babyface overcomes the odds and wins you’re more limited with what you can do with storylines.

So Brock, McIntyre , Lashley, nakumara, cm punk, aj styles, uso , priest don't exist?

WWE has guys they just don't use them properly