CNN interviews rapper and scholar Glorilla about her visit with Joe Biden at The White House. Making us proud. Yeah, Glo!

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
That's what Dem's have been doing for the longest. Before, there were more articulate artists for them to pick from like Beyonce and Jay Z. Now they are left to throwing house parties with Sexy Redd and getting Glo Rilla on a meet and greet with Biden. They feel black folks are so stupid that they shouldn't bother with actual policy or real discussion, but just trot out the hot entertainer of the day and they'll come and vote en-masse.
You cant be serious :laff:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:mjlol: WHY ARE BIDEN AND HARRIS
MEETING WITH GLORILLA?

:devil:
:evil:

To keep black women motivated to show up to the polls and "do their big one" in Novemeber:respect:

We can get upset and insulted at the Dems. But who are the INFLUENTIAL black intellectuals that yall would prefer they talk to? I would say why havent they invited Umar or Tariq to the White House? There arent many who fit the criteria I just named and move the needle. For those to to be missing from attendance speaks volumes.

Tried to tell yall the black media is in shambles. Cant even blame Dems for not knowing where to turn when all thats pushed out for the most part is ignorance. It would be hard to figure out which rappers/entertainers are actually very intelligent. Because the popular media spaces we have just want to ask stupid ass,messy questions all day and get jokes off. Much as we bash the breakfast club they are one of the few that give black intellectuals a platform. Then maybe you have Joe budden in there,Joe Rogan,Vlad off top of my head.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Come on......this denouncing anti-Asian hate is awareness. Bringing Glo-dumbass is to reach voters. Two totally separate things.
Nah, Glorilla was attending a Women's History Month event at the White House.

All types of women were there :manny:

Them boys got on suit and ties and are there to support a specific tangible bill that would directly benefit the asian community. If they showed up as asian caricatures with no political agenda to sing and dance for Joe and Kamala you might have a point.
Nah, the "anti-Asian hate" crime bill (which was just more police funding) was passed and signed in 2021. The BTS visit was in 2022.

Also, the event Glorilla attended wasn't about Black people but for women.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, Glorilla was attending a Women's History Month event at the White House.

All types of women were there :manny:

Nah, the "anti-Asian hate" crime bill (which was just more police funding) was passed and signed in 2021. The BTS visit was in 2022.

Also, the event Glorilla attended wasn't about Black people but for women.
I was going by what the OP said they were there for. Regardless of why they were there they were dressed in suit and ties and not as degenerates or caricatures with a bunch of chains on. And they dont make degenerate music about killing asain opps or gangs and drug dealing to my understanding. They represented their culture and people well at the white house.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
They had BTS (a South Korean boyband) come to the White House in 2022 to denounce anti-Asian hate crimes:

BTS%20&%20POTUS_(Credit_the%20White%20House).JPG

:dead:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I was going by what the OP said they were there for. Regardless of why they were there they were dressed in suit and ties and not as degenerates or caricatures with a bunch of chains on. And they dont make degenerate music about killing asain opps or gangs and drug dealing to my understanding. They represented their culture and people well at the white house.
I understand your point. I'm not even a fan of Glorilla or her music.

Anyway, at the actual White House event she wore a dress:

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There are bright black people speaking about politics on multiple networks and platforms literally everyday. Why is Glorilla looked at as our overall representation?

Well we know that she isn’t.

The same reason they put Glorilla up there is the same reason they try to find the most inarticulate, uncouth people, animated people in the hood to give interviews when some shyt happens. It aims to reinforce the negative public image of us.

Breh they couldn’t find ANY other popular articulate young black female with a little more class to ask these questions to?