CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
Punk is so full of shyt and always has been. :mjlol:I don't really see the appeal of bringing him back, he's old and injury prone and judging by the ratings he pulled on collusion, I don't think he has much to offer there either.

But, I want to see if he has the same energy for the dudes in WWE like he did in AEW. :sas2:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
I actually prefer he debut at RR instead of SS. I know SS is in Chicago, but that's become cliche. Let him make his return elsewhere. Also...

1) SS is only a month away. That's too close to really work him in a storyline or create 1 for him. Rumble you don't have to worry about storylines, the Rumble in and of itself is a story.

2) The last event Punk ever worked in the WWE before walking out was RR. So to have RR be the 1st event he works coming back to the company would be bringing things full circle. Love that kinda stuff
I rock with this idea, but I also like an alternative where Punk makes his first return appearance at Series, but doesn’t actually wrestle his first match until he’s in the Rumble match.

He’s letting be known right off top he’s going to win Rumble, go for that title match and main event ‘Mania, and the weeks building up to Rumble has him interacting with folk he had heat with, possible obstacles in the match itself, etc

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
But, I want to see if he has the same energy for the dudes in WWE like he did in AEW. :sas2:

We rarely hear about the wrestlers beefing backstage in wwe, let alone fighting. Not saying it doesn't happen, but there may be some structure and leadership in the e that doesn't exist in the aew locker room

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
We rarely hear about the wrestlers beefing backstage in wwe, let alone fighting. Not saying it doesn't happen, but there may be some structure and leadership in the e that doesn't exist in the aew locker room
Notice how there haven't been any reports of fighting backstage in AEW since Punk left?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This doesn't mean anything, since punk wasn't the only talent involved in discrepancies. Unless you wanna blame punk for all of the backstage ills
Sure, but everyone else outside of the Punk sphere of beef seems to have gotten over their shyt.

When’s the last time you heard anything backstage about Andrade?
Sammy Guevara?
Anyone in the Elite outside of their stuff with Punk?
Eddie has beef with anyone breathing but does business and hell all that beef could just be part of his character at this point for all I know.
Santana and Ortiz have beef but are doing business, and that beef was related to a difference in professional goals than anything else.
We largely haven’t heard shyt from the women’s locker room all year other than the Lufisto stuff.
Ain’t no one getting banned from locker rooms and TV shows anymore like Punk was doing with Collision.

I’m sure there is still stuff going on because that’s just human nature, but it sure was a lot less shyt happening that leaked out in the months before and after Punk than there was in the months he came back.

Last edited: