CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Sure, but everyone else outside of the Punk sphere of beef seems to have gotten over their shyt.

When’s the last time you heard anything backstage about Andrade?
Sammy Guevara?
Anyone in the Elite outside of their stuff with Punk?
Eddie has beef with anyone breathing but does business and hell all that beef could just be part of his character at this point for all I know.
Santana and Ortiz have beef but are doing business, and that beef was related to a difference in professional goals than anything else.
We largely haven’t heard shyt from the women’s locker room all year other than the Lufisto stuff.
Ain’t no one getting banned from locker rooms and TV shows anymore like Punk was doing with Collision.

I’m sure there is still stuff going on because that’s just human nature, but it sure was a lot less shyt happening that leaked out in the months before and after Punk than there was in the months he came back.

Punk literally just got fired lol. It's only been a few weeks, so to say that his absence is the reason it's been quiet lately doesn't really add up. I wasn't even bothered or complaining about the fighting, because it happens. I just don't buy the narrative that he's solely at fault

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Punk literally just got fired lol. It's only been a few weeks, so to say that his absence is the reason it's been quiet lately doesn't really add up. I wasn't even bothered or complaining about the fighting, because it happens. I just don't buy the narrative that he's solely at fault
I’m not saying he’s solely at fault. I’m just saying everyone else seems like they got over their shyt or is willing to put it aside to do business and Punk never could. That’s why there was always shyt happening with him when he was there.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Transcribe from the Wrestle Purists stream yesterday when Ibou was talking and spoke to his sources:

-Says this has been in the works for a few weeks and the news yesterday was basically what everyone had been sitting on (Once Meltzer gave his take, everyone was like "Well this is what I got" ie Hausman, PWinsider, Fightful, described it as scrambling.)

-Punk pretty much still has the itch and felt he was back as a performer and unlike his time a decade ago, he still wants to wrestle despite drama which wasnt the case before. You can look at that as spite and the fact this time the drama is self inflicted this time and there's some desperate course correction I suppose. Basically it was either the E or Impact

-He said the deal is not 100% done in terms of legalities. He said unlike other times when a wrestler joins a company and verbal agreement is done and its just the contract pending, this deal requires a lot of legalities to protect both sides. But he did stress they are "Further than talks"

-He said accompanying to the talks, a source in WWE told him Punk would have meetings with any talent he had heat with to clear the air. The WWE Source told them they dont want to do the roster seperation like on Collision. For what its worth Punk is 100% down to squash shyt and the other sides are down to talk (Meaning they wanna insure that lf he comes back Survivor Series, in a hypothetical situation he could have no problem working a segment or match with say Kevin Owens for instance) he made it clear other wrestlers are "100% down to meet with Punk and work things out" (Im sure this will be spun in different ways by either E or Dub fans as showing maturity or crawling back/checking in) WWE's reasoning no surprise is if they cant get Punk and others to squash shyt then you cant do money matches and then why sign him. "Both Punk and WWE are activley working together put this thing together"

Heres the most interesting part of the stream:

-His source told him that WWE is kinda motivated to show that they can work with Punk and that all parties can get along unlike in AEW and that a big part of this thing is to show they are the company that can sort problems out (Again we can already predict how this will be spun by fans of both companies). They look at it as almost a recruiting tool to others to show they can figure things out and do business (Later on in the stream when talking about next Tuesday he had an interesting convo with his WWE and AEW sources about the NXT-Dynamite match up and how both sides absolutley are motivated to go to war and thats why announcing Taker was a reaction to seeing what Tony would put out to counter Cena annoucement etc.)

-Discussed matches for Punk and he believes from the source that WWE and Punk will book him in matches with people that he has heat with just to show he can do business . He said his WWE source implied that if the deal is done it will broadcasted heavily that Punk and others can work and be like "This is what real companies can do" lot of moving parts for hammer down. Also mentioned Punk is happy to put over top indie guys in the fed (Owens, Rollins) which to be fair he was told was Punk's motivation in AEW (Hence the starks thing)

It seems for now both Punk and WWE are kinda motivated to work with each other to show they can do what AEW couldnt after brawl out

drifter

Superstar
Daps
It’s pretty much a done deal

Of course it is. It was a done all while weirdos talked about how much Ari Emmanuel doesn't wanna deal with him. WWE gets bought now they know his shoe size, how he likes his steaks, how he hires. But Nick Khan didn't confirm it that one time.....lol

Helen Keller, anybody else not up The Bucks ass knew what was coming. You know it's real since there's detail on how petty WWE plans to be, everybody knew that was coming too. It was always in their best interest to do exactly what WWE is, get to the root of any bad blood. Wonder why AEW just couldn't do it...almost like there's some structure missing or something. Idk I'm not an architect

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
When he signed with fox to talk WWE back in 2019, then I knew it was only a matter of time before he stepped back in WWE. I wonder how things would've changed if covid didn't screw up that show

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
He'll Be back:yeshrug:
Multi Year Contract at face value (6 Month Contract based on Behavior if there's no problems then they’ll add on 6 More)
High Profile WM Match (Possibly against Stone Cold)
Live Mic (Personally Told by HHH to shyt on AEW )

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I doubt we'll see a long run from Punk, but he could have a really good 1 or 2 yr run if he behaves himself. Punk vs Rollins, Cody, Roman are very intriguing feuds.
I think he could be used better from a long term perspective by working with younger stars who he can help get over and eventually put over.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
It seems for now both Punk and WWE are kinda motivated to work with each other to show they can do what AEW couldnt after brawl out
All we need now is for someone to up that Rocky/Creed handshake meme lol
It’s pretty much a done deal until Ace Steele needs a job and he tries to leverage
Couple months after Punk returns we gon see some random ass blurb on Twitter talmbout “the Tommaso Ciampa/Von Wagner on Main Event was produced by Ace Steele” or some shyt