CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I can't see any value in hiring CM Punk to wrestle in WWE.
However, I can see the benefits of paying CM Punk a consulting fee to find out about how Tony Khan runs his company.
If Punk is hell bent on wrestling, I'd give him a deal similar to Goldberg's. I let him work the Saudi show & maybe one domestic event. Beyond that, I'd offer him a legends deal so that I can make merch & video game money off of Punk.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

I actually prefer he debut at RR instead of SS. I know SS is in Chicago, but that's become cliche. Let him make his return elsewhere. Also...

1) SS is only a month away. That's too close to really work him in a storyline or create 1 for him. Rumble you don't have to worry about storylines, the Rumble in and of itself is a story.

2) The last event Punk ever worked in the WWE before walking out was RR. So to have RR be the 1st event he works coming back to the company would be bringing things full circle. Love that kinda stuff

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I don’t. Rather him vs Seth.

They’ll never in a million years let him beat Roman title or not.
I'd rather see him against Seth as well.

But, I also want the belt off Seth, but unfortunately that probably doesn't happen unless it's against Punk or later at this point.

:martin:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ud9c.gif

crawling-back-eh-mr-burns.gif

Fightful Report summary

-WWE is confident Punk would go there. They think the ball is in their court.
- Punk put feelers out to WWE in September about going there. A WWE employee advised the Punk camp he would need to talk to Vince to try and secure a return.
- Still a tonne of heat on Punk in WWE. Many of those would be consulted before a return. One talent believes Triple H wouldn't want the negativity Punk brings but has brought back known issues before.
- Punk used to say how much he hated HHH, Vince and WWE whilst in AEW
- No one in WWE has been given the idea yet that Punk is coming back.
- Sources close to Punk say he is open about that he would go back
- Rollins and Reigns have had issues in the past and are the elephant in the room. Punk would need to mend fences.
- One WWE source believes his April Raw visit was an attempt to get his job back. Another thought it was an attempt to gain allies as his return to AEW stumbled.
- Punk has lost leverage with the events of the last few years and that would affect negotiations on pay and schedule.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Fightful Report summary

-WWE is confident Punk would go there. They think the ball is in their court.
- Punk put feelers out to WWE in September about going there. A WWE employee advised the Punk camp he would need to talk to Vince to try and secure a return.
- Still a tonne of heat on Punk in WWE. Many of those would be consulted before a return. One talent believes Triple H wouldn't want the negativity Punk brings but has brought back known issues before.
- Punk used to say how much he hated HHH, Vince and WWE whilst in AEW
- No one in WWE has been given the idea yet that Punk is coming back.
- Sources close to Punk say he is open about that he would go back
- Rollins and Reigns have had issues in the past and are the elephant in the room. Punk would need to mend fences.
- One WWE source believes his April Raw visit was an attempt to get his job back. Another thought it was an attempt to gain allies as his return to AEW stumbled.
- Punk has lost leverage with the events of the last few years and that would affect negotiations on pay and schedule.
On the flip side: Punk made a good impression on the Impact locker room when he visited there and they'd all be in favor of bringing him in. It's still looked at as highly unlikely, but it's still an option

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'd rather see him against Seth as well.

But, I also want the belt off Seth, but unfortunately that probably doesn't happen unless it's against Punk or later at this point.

:martin:
Gunther