CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I doubt we'll see a long run from Punk, but he could have a really good 1 or 2 yr run if he behaves himself. Punk vs Rollins, Cody, Roman are very intriguing feuds.
That would be the best case scenario. Bring him back and get the absolute most out of every matchup and metric you can find for him. Then let him go before he convinces himself he's the savior of the company or something along those lines.

I think he could be used better from a long term perspective by working with younger stars who he can help get over and eventually put over.
Disagree. You give Punk that role and he's gonna start his usual bullshyt of "these are MY guys" and start to leverage with the company to get the things he wants because he'll believe he's influencing decisions and the future of the company. That's the last thing WWE would want to deal with.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he could be used better from a long term perspective by working with younger stars who he can help get over and eventually put over.

You could use him in that capacity a bit too, yea. The thing with Punk is that especially at this age, his strength is gonna be with storytelling and promos with guys with that same strength. So putting him with young guys over for their athleticism that aren't great at storytelling and promos is just going to lead to mediocrity. He might be able to help Theory though.

Low key Miz is a very good return feud for him at Mania.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
How exactly did he make Roman's job harder? Were they even there together that long?

its all from that "Make Roman look strong!" part of his infamous podcast with Colt Cabana, the smark segment of the crowd was already turning on Roman because they saw he was being set up to be the next Cena and hearing Punk talk about that exacerbated it even more

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
its all from that "Make Roman look strong!" part of his infamous podcast with Colt Cabana, the smark segment of the crowd was already turning on Roman because they saw he was being set up to be the next Cena and hearing Punk talk about that exacerbated it even more
Roman reaching if that's his reasoning. Smark crowd booed Cena for years, why would they cheer his clone? :skip:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
How exactly did he make Roman's job harder? Were they even there together that long?
him doing the colt cabana interview exposed that roman was wwe's chosen guy and gave birth to the "make roman look strong" meme which directly or indirectly resulted in the fans rejecting him for years

edit: somebody already beat me to it but yeah I do remember the fans/internet fans being pretty pro-roman up till that point

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Punk was involved in the original Shield idea but he wanted Chris Hero in the Roman Reigns role. WWE chose Roman instead and Punk complained in typical fashion.

He's talking about Punk's podcast with Cabana were Phil told the "make sure Roman looks strong" story. If you hear Punk, he wasn't shytting on Reigns or being salty about dude being next in line as WWE's big star, BUT that story was taken by online fans to fuel the fire of hatred towards Roman because in those days, the majority of the most vocal fans (mainly hardcone/online ones) at WWE shows were very defensive about who WWE wanted to push on top and who those fans wanted to see as the top champion, and even though Roman was popular, they DID NOT want a new 2004-2006 John Cena and that was exactly what Vince was about to give to them, Punk's quotes was the validation those fans needed to not look back and shyt on anything Roman-related until he turned heel 6 years later.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
he's not a draw now that he's looking like going back to the WWE

Nah, it's both camps. AEW fans are hating on Punk now and WWE fans have been hating on Punk for years. As for the "draw" talk. You're pretending that it's coming out of thin air. 'Collision' was a show built around him as the main star and the numbers were not good and the ticket sales were not good. The math wasn't mathing.