CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Never forget, this guy got his face turned to hamburger meat when he tried to fight for real:
Cm Punk GIF - Cm Punk Sad GIFs

He still kicked all of the so-called Elite's butts by himself, though! :umad:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It's honestly ridiculous to me. If Punk were the businessman he thinks he is, he would have apologized to the entire locker room for burying everybody, making All Out 2022 about himself, and flouting the #1 man in the company's authority right next to him. Then he wouldn't have taken shots at the Bucks and Page unprovoked and gave them the opportunity to cotton to working with him over time. Kenny allegedly was close to doing so, which makes sense given that Punk never went after him post-Brawl Out (amazing what giving people time and space does for negative feelings...). THEN he wouldn't have lost his mind over a bunch of petty bullshyt, assaulted a fellow worker (moreover, someone who he actually had some authority over given his position on Collision), endangered a major match on the card, and gone after Tony Khan when he's done nothing but nuke his credibility bending over backwards for him. It's amazing to me that people want to blame the Elite or anyone else for Punk's impulsiveness and stupidity.

I'm a big fan of Punk's work, honestly. But these motherfukkers at AEW literally gave him his own wing of the company to play with in response to what he did at All Out last year and he couldn't even make it 3 months before throwing it all away. How the hell can you do business with someone like that? How can you work with someone whose first public response to nearly throwing it all away the first time by disparaging and fighting his coworkers is to disparage them again? Business and the products that come from business are borne from relationships; no fruitful relationship can be had with someone like this. Anyone who wants to talk about whatever the fukk the Elite did need to ask themselves why people from all walks of wrestling life can have good relations with these people, but Punk nukes bridges wherever he goes.

Fun fact: Despite being so good for business allegedly, Punk spent fully half of his time at AEW either hurt or suspended. Some asset he was.

Thats fair and Ive say this as someone who's defended Punk.

In the end even if there was issues traveling in and he was mad about that I dont get what caused him to be so venemous to Tony (and I think the firing had to with the shouting match and not the Perry thing). I think he was so desperate to turn the heat into a match and he didnt have patience and paranoia over being a draw stuck on Saturdays that he may exasperated everything and the travel on the day hiked but still.
Even though I think the Elite acted like hoes too you gotta be smarter. I know he has a chip on his shoulder and old school but common sense tells you there's more tatical ways to handle things.

Im willing to bet Jericho doesnt like any of that shyt either but hes a wiley enough vet that he knows where the bread is and how to get his way and not let the others affect how he does and the company. And I cant stand Jericho's stooging but it is what itis.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Is CM Punk even a good wrestler? I haven't seen a single match of his. He can't be worth all the trouble he causes:mjlol:

I don't know the entire story but I know that since I've gotten back into wrestling everytime I see this nikkas name it's fukkery and whining

As I'm getting information about this situation it looks like all parties involved are in the wrong and Punk got fired on some boy who cried wolf shyt where you may have been right here, but the previous 100 times you were wrong has fukked up any good will you had

I would say so but strictly in ring they are other people in his peer group and status in US wrestling who are more tighter (Pause) and athletic (Danielson, Styles, Omega, Rollins though hes a bit hyer video game, Balor in his prime etc)
He has a certain sloppy style that works yes and his elbow drops will be the absolute bain of my existence but hes not trash or okay. Hes had a weird evolvement from backyward wrestler, indie style guy to even old school 80s/90s wrestler in the 2020s. Definetly good enough to tell a compelling story. His peak stuff in ROH and WWE 2011-2013 is probably his best stuff.

Agreed with you take on the situation too

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Kyrie Irving might actually be the best sports comparison here. Extremely talented in many areas of the game and a real asset when he's on and used correctly, but he can't stay healthy and he's a total headache to deal with behind the scenes, to the point that it's almost not worth it.
Pretty sound comparison actually.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Thats fair and Ive say this as someone who's defended Punk.

In the end even if there was issues traveling in and he was mad about that I dont get what caused him to be so venemous to Tony (and I think the firing had to with the shouting match and not the Perry thing). I think he was so desperate to turn the heat into a match and he didnt have patience and paranoia over being a draw stuck on Saturdays that he may exasperated everything and the travel on the day hiked but still.
Even though I think the Elite acted like hoes too you gotta be smarter. I know he has a chip on his shoulder and old school but common sense tells you there's more tatical ways to handle things.

Im willing to bet Jericho doesnt like any of that shyt either but hes a wiley enough vet that he knows where the bread is and how to get his way and not let the others affect how he does and the company. And I cant stand Jericho's stooging but it is what itis.
Jericho will latch on to anything that keeps him relevant. Him and Matt Hardy are the wrestling embodiment of

giphy.gif

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This is complete bullshyt. He was not the hottest thing in wrestling, he was the hottest thing in the IWC. The reason why he was given lesser priority is because Cena was still the top ratings draw without even being champ. Punk's segments always lost viewers which was another reason why he wasn't in the main event spot.

Dont know if I'd say it that definitivley
He was the hottest thing in IWC sure but I think the Pipebomb combined with the slight image change and new music (Cult of Personality as a liscence music) definetly drew a lot of casual interest curiosity to him. I still remember Summer of 2011 and him getting the GQ interview after it and going on mainstream podcasts like Bill Simmons and there was general thing with lapsed wrestling fans of you gotta watch how they him being meta about issues etc He definetly brought interest.
As far as his minute to minute draw in those WWE days, you right and I think the root of his issues where he felt if he was given a more clear less backseat push he'd bring the numbers up etc etc (everyone was taking a backseat to Cena) but he'd have to argue with the actual results (This is the E though so self fufilling prophecies are a thing with Vince). When things were okay with him in AEW we saw it a bit even if it not a boom, which is also why I think he had his meltdown a year back pre scrum, I think he put too much pressure on trying to up the numbers there

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
That’s largely his persona. He’s a combative a$$hole who always says what’s on his mind even if it makes someone mad, and yeah he delivers in the ring. His issue is that while he doesn’t start issues, he’s more than willing to go totally overboard to finish them if he reaches the conclusion that management isn’t gonna do it.
He’s mid in the ring. His persona is that of a crying everyone is against me white male. That’s why like minded individuals gravitated towards him. He’s overrated.