CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I bet the Elite gave Kojima a loaf of bread to do this on purpose.

You know Kojima got that bread straight from the best...
bbb8aa_ce72f842cefa43839a3f9e581676f5dd~mv2.png

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
What happens to Collision, though?

Its like that show and Rampage were basically made for Phil to show off his new kicks.

Now we are heading into All Out with the most mid card since the pandemic days, and this shyt happens. :picard: Mannnn mannnn shoot.

Collision will be fine. Assuming Bryan Danielson goes there now. Plus his views on wrestling probably align fairly closely with Punk's with none of the drama.

And Punk is eventually going back home. We’ve seen guys who had bigger heat than Punk return. Vince knows that will draw and Punk doesn’t have issues with guys there. Punk will show up on tv a year from now, bury AEW, and get the puters putin again

I don't think thats as much of a lock as people think it is. Endeavor is the elephant in the room since that sale hasnt finalized yet, but if they prioritize people being developed, there might not be a spot for him other than a HOF induction and maybe a Mania program. If I'm running the show, do you want a couple years of Punk or save the money and drama and focus on talent that will be around the next 5-10 years that would be cheaper than what Punk wants?

I'd definitely add KO too given his relationship with The Bucks.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Creh was Albert Haynesworth & Dwight Howard in Washington, but in a wrestling ring.
:francis:

Kyrie Irving might actually be the best sports comparison here. Extremely talented in many areas of the game and a real asset when he's on and used correctly, but he can't stay healthy and he's a total headache to deal with behind the scenes, to the point that it's almost not worth it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I wonder if Punk would work NJPW. He'd be in a wheel chair after his first match but might be preferable to working for HHH.
I don't think New Japan can afford him. Punk would have to be willing to get whatever they can offer him just so he could wrestle/have the experience.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Acclaimed were their top merch sellers back when they were hot. Acclaimed were in their top 5 merch sellers in June and July, selling more than MJF and Cole combined. Back in May Britt Baker was somehow their top merch seller.
Yeah, they have been doing well, but he still hasn't established any talent outside of the people mentioned. He really needs to figure something out imo

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This guy dealt with Vince and his bullshyt for what, 8 years? He stuck around a company for 28 more months in a stretch where after becoming the hottest thing in wrestling he was fed to Alberto del rio, triple h, and the miz over the next 3 months and given lesser priority on the card than feuds involving Johnny ace and the big show. Spent another 13 months with them after they asked him to work a tlc match with ryback maybe 2 weeks after knee surgery when he’d already been injured by that guy. Showed up to work all 2013 while hurt bad and more or less only being used to put over part timers who’d been around between 11-23 years before another feud with ryback.

Meanwhile these guys had him ready to walk just 12-13 months after his arrival. That says a lot to me. Say what you will about him being thin skinned, temperamental, confrontational, too willing to burn bridges, but he’s far from the first person to have problems with them and nothing he’s said about them were untrue. I hope Tony Khan knows that this shyt will happen again with their next crossover star since he didn’t put his foot down last time. I really don’t want them to ultimately become tna 2.0 when they have the resources to be a legitimate #2.
This is complete bullshyt. He was not the hottest thing in wrestling, he was the hottest thing in the IWC. The reason why he was given lesser priority is because Cena was still the top ratings draw without even being champ. Punk's segments always lost viewers which was another reason why he wasn't in the main event spot.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This guy dealt with Vince and his bullshyt for what, 8 years? He stuck around a company for 28 more months in a stretch where after becoming the hottest thing in wrestling he was fed to Alberto del rio, triple h, and the miz over the next 3 months and given lesser priority on the card than feuds involving Johnny ace and the big show. Spent another 13 months with them after they asked him to work a tlc match with ryback maybe 2 weeks after knee surgery when he’d already been injured by that guy. Showed up to work all 2013 while hurt bad and more or less only being used to put over part timers who’d been around between 11-23 years before another feud with ryback.

Meanwhile these guys had him ready to walk just 12-13 months after his arrival. That says a lot to me. Say what you will about him being thin skinned, temperamental, confrontational, too willing to burn bridges, but he’s far from the first person to have problems with them and nothing he’s said about them were untrue. I hope Tony Khan knows that this shyt will happen again with their next crossover star since he didn’t put his foot down last time. I really don’t want them to ultimately become tna 2.0 when they have the resources to be a legitimate #2.
:mjlol: Dude has been a headcase EVERYWHERE he's been. He's the constant here lol

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Once again, there's an AEW ppv but the main thing we're all talking about is backstage drama. I'll bet good money that after the show we'll only talk about Punk & whatever foolishness happens at tonight's media scrum.
At this point, Shad Khan should cancel the wrestling portion of the ppvs and sell us the press conference instead. That would be a lot more interesting.

I said in the All In thread last weekend, AEW's worse shows turns out to be their best.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
The Acclaimed were their top merch sellers back when they were hot. Acclaimed were in their top 5 merch sellers in June and July, selling more than MJF and Cole combined. Back in May Britt Baker was somehow their top merch seller.
Wasn't that when she put out that dumb ass shirt?

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
You only get to celebrate if you put in work & spun the block on your opps.
You don't get to celebrate if you hid under your bed whenever your opps were outside.
:ufdup:
But when you got a 1,000 thugs on the payroll doing the dirt for you, you can hide under your bed all day and night...
giphy.gif