CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
As was noted earlier, there is more about the CM Punk situation that has not gotten out yet and could come out at some point.

Wade Keller stated in a PWTorch audio update that he heard that is more that happened between Punk and Tony Khan that witnesses did not see and that might be what Khan was talking about during his press release and statement that aired at the start of AEW Collision, in reference to his safety and life being at risk.

Keller talked about the incident between Punk and Khan that "Tony only told people about." He said, "My understanding is that there was something behind a closed door also that may come out or may not, depending on how all this plays out. When Punk quit and chewed out Tony, there was an element of that that was not in front of dozens of people that others have said they're trying to get confirmation on but I'm confident in based on my sourcing, which I won't get into. I think there's other elements of it than just the monitors."

The closed door incident is separate from what happened in front of witnesses, as was described on today's Wrestling Observer Radio by Dave Meltzer.

Meltzer said the following about the Punk lunging incident that happened in front of witnesses before what happened in Khan's dressing room: “It was probably stronger than that....lunging was, again, far too kind. If you saw the actual wording of what was said, lunging was like I was toning it down. It was more than lunging.”

Bryan Alvarez said: “And I had heard that when he moved towards Tony, whatever word you want to use, that the monitors there were like monitors that fell on Tony Khan. As you noted, there was security camera footage. So this was not something people were like, well, 'How come there wasn't security camera footage of the brawl?' Well, it's because that was inside a locker room. They don't have cameras in the locker room. But this was Gorilla, and they had cameras all over the place.”

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The ironic thing is they dont need Punk. And on top of that even if some of the wrestlers dont work with the Bucks it doesnt mean they arent friends with them or Cabana. This situation will follow Punk until he learns to control his part on the drama.
They dont need him but they not gonna turn down a potentially high merch sale opportunity. Plus with crowds being as high they’ve been, his star power would definitely increase that

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I wonder if Punk would work NJPW. He'd be in a wheel chair after his first match but might be preferable to working for HHH.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:mjlol:

They don't have anybody with that kind of cross-over appeal. It's been years now and nobody has stepped up. The company is full of people who wouldn't make it anywhere else and that's why the behave that way. I mean, who the fukk wants to see Jungle Boy? Besides, if that person did emerge, and is *outside* of the accepted order, the dweebs from Reseda would try their best to sabotage them.

Good Christian boys who didn't do anything.
This guy dealt with Vince and his bullshyt for what, 8 years? He stuck around a company for 28 more months in a stretch where after becoming the hottest thing in wrestling he was fed to Alberto del rio, triple h, and the miz over the next 3 months and given lesser priority on the card than feuds involving Johnny ace and the big show. Spent another 13 months with them after they asked him to work a tlc match with ryback maybe 2 weeks after knee surgery when he’d already been injured by that guy. Showed up to work all 2013 while hurt bad and more or less only being used to put over part timers who’d been around between 11-23 years before another feud with ryback.

Meanwhile these guys had him ready to walk just 12-13 months after his arrival. That says a lot to me. Say what you will about him being thin skinned, temperamental, confrontational, too willing to burn bridges, but he’s far from the first person to have problems with them and nothing he’s said about them were untrue. I hope Tony Khan knows that this shyt will happen again with their next crossover star since he didn’t put his foot down last time. I really don’t want them to ultimately become tna 2.0 when they have the resources to be a legitimate #2.

Last edited:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
I'll go back to what I said about Punk a few months ago. Great talent, great performer, and I'm glad he stuck it to the E on how they treat their performers, but at the end of the day, the man is still a miserable a$$hole. For being straight edge, he sure acts like he is deep into a coke addiction. It’s hilarious that the pro Punk people argue “It’s just wrestling. Grow up and do business.” when that is what AEW has been trying and failing to do with CM Punk for the past 743 days. The Dark Side of the Ring could make a five part episode on him.

It's honestly ridiculous to me. If Punk were the businessman he thinks he is, he would have apologized to the entire locker room for burying everybody, making All Out 2022 about himself, and flouting the #1 man in the company's authority right next to him. Then he wouldn't have taken shots at the Bucks and Page unprovoked and gave them the opportunity to cotton to working with him over time. Kenny allegedly was close to doing so, which makes sense given that Punk never went after him post-Brawl Out (amazing what giving people time and space does for negative feelings...). THEN he wouldn't have lost his mind over a bunch of petty bullshyt, assaulted a fellow worker (moreover, someone who he actually had some authority over given his position on Collision), endangered a major match on the card, and gone after Tony Khan when he's done nothing but nuke his credibility bending over backwards for him. It's amazing to me that people want to blame the Elite or anyone else for Punk's impulsiveness and stupidity.

I'm a big fan of Punk's work, honestly. But these motherfukkers at AEW literally gave him his own wing of the company to play with in response to what he did at All Out last year and he couldn't even make it 3 months before throwing it all away. How the hell can you do business with someone like that? How can you work with someone whose first public response to nearly throwing it all away the first time by disparaging and fighting his coworkers is to disparage them again? Business and the products that come from business are borne from relationships; no fruitful relationship can be had with someone like this. Anyone who wants to talk about whatever the fukk the Elite did need to ask themselves why people from all walks of wrestling life can have good relations with these people, but Punk nukes bridges wherever he goes.

Fun fact: Despite being so good for business allegedly, Punk spent fully half of his time at AEW either hurt or suspended. Some asset he was.