CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
In any event Elimnation Chamber will be a good indication if hes washed or not vs the Rumble where a lot of is the final dudes looking exhausted even if they do come in at like 29 just to tell a story. Few things people pointed seemed planned or how he always but we'll see how it goes.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Punk's strengths have always been singles matches that have a story behind them. He looked like complete garbage yesterday but I can't say I'm surprised, it's the type of match he can't do anything well at nowadays.

If he looks like shyt at WM vs Seth then I'd be more concerned, but I expect him to rise up to the occasion as he usually does in big (singles) moments/matches.

I do think it's weird some brehs are projecting his success based on things he's never done well though. He's always been clumsy and unathletic. It's true those things look even worse at this stage of his career, but a Punk match has never been about the moves he can pull off or the speed he works at, they've always been about building a story and a great finishing sequence. And at least in AEW he could still do that when it mattered :manny:

I said this eariier, we're gonna get people pretending his elbow drop only now looked terrible.

To me how he did in the Rumble isnt all that different than he was before (in the corner by the ropes while everyone takes spots)

We'll see how he does in Australia evne though that isnt a one to one either

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I do think it's weird some brehs are projecting his success based on things he's never done well though. He's always been clumsy and unathletic. It's true those things look even worse at this stage of his career, but a Punk match has never been about the moves he can pull off or the speed he works at, they've always been about building a story and a great finishing sequence. And at least in AEW he could still do that when it mattered :manny:
I was a Punk fan since 2003/2004, so I’ve seen plenty of his matches. Last night he was slower than usual and sloppier at times. Compared to where he was back in Summer, he was several steps behind. I’m not saying he’s done, but it wasn’t a good look no matter what.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I was a Punk fan since 2003/2004, so I’ve seen plenty of his matches. Last night he was slower than usual and sloppier at times. Compared to where he was back in Summer, he was several steps behind. I’m not saying he’s done, but it wasn’t a good look no matter what.
I agree, but my point is that his real test will be his first major singles match. If he looks awful in that setting, then that's a cause of real concern.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

I mean, he looked washed in the ring during his AEW run. I'm a Punk fan, but him falling on his ass twice trying to do the Buckshot Lariat was embarrassing.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I mean, he looked washed in the ring during his AEW run. I'm a Punk fan, but him falling on his ass twice trying to do the Buckshot Lariat was embarrassing.
There wasn’t a time where his overall performance in AEW matches had me like, “this dude is fukkin washed.” He was able to hold his own despite a spot or 2 where he looked rough.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The 2011 version Punk would've fell on his ass trying to do a Buckshot lariat too. Hell, he couldn't even land on his feet trying to flip from an AA from Cena :heh:

Punk has always had the same issue Jericho has, in that both attempt spots regardless if they can actually pull them off.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
his match with Samoa Joe at the Wembley show was one of the best matches of the night :manny:

He's up and down. I noticed in AEW that he tried to wrestle the same style/pace as whoever his opponent was. Obviously, it didn't work out whenever he was wrestling guys much younger & athletic than him.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He's up and down. I noticed in AEW that he tried to wrestle the same style/pace as whoever his opponent was. Obviously, it didn't work out whenever he was wrestling guys much younger & athletic than him.
Yeah, if Seth calls their match and doesn't understand you need to heavily lean on the extras with Punk to get the most, it's gonna turn out bad. :whoa: