CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I watched enough Punk matches to know that he can over exaggerate how tired and beat up he his during his matches.

Last night I don’t think that was the case. He did look legit exhausted and had to get away from the action to get his 2nd wind until his cues came.

His physique looks good nh…he was never the bulky-muscle/shredded type but you can see he’s been doing a lot of lifting. But maybe he needs to holla at Randy’s plug just to get an extra boost. Orton out there moving around like he in his mid 20’s again.:patrice:

The Samoa Joe match at Wembley last year was great and gave me hope that he can still wrestle at a high level

His recent matches with Dom was alright but that’s because Punk lead and wrestled at his own pace. Athletically he’s diminished. I think he has 1-2 good years left in him depending on how things go.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I am even more surprised theres people in here saying he looked fine even in the last few weeks of his AEW run a few months ago, but here he looks washed. Im not saying its beyiond the realm hes washed but given how he always sells exhaustion and cannot sell smooth in ring stuff, I cant tell if the Rumble is a good indicator.

That all said I saw a lot of people look at him favoring his arm and even bringing up the tricep or if its just a stinger on the eblow and Im watching that more to see if its not a serious injury and just ding on the arm.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't have a problem with it though he was obviously winded. I felt that exhaustion added to the match. Honestly, Punk is an all time ring worker. He was gassed but also understood how he could use that to his advantage and they both are great workers who slowed the match down. They made moves but only big necessary ones, and made it look like it was a struggle of two guys who could barely keep it together.

I know I am biased, but loved the end to that Rumble.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
AEW stans still sour AF.

Punk being 50 years old with probably a shytty self manage regimen with no PEDs. I ain't surprised one bit. Cheapo never invested into his body. Why would he now?

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
He definitely fell off after the All Out 22 injury against Moxley. That first run in AEW he was still working at a very high level, but the second Collision-era he was looking cooked. The Joe match at All Out 23 was good though. So it tells me once in a while with the right opponent he can still turn back the clock, but for the most part I think it's over for him.

Buddy was looking like he needed to get hooked up to an oxygen tank for the last 15 mins of the Rumble :francis:

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's hurt, maybe badly. From Meltzer

CM Punk suffered a significant injury during the Royal Rumble Saturday night.

His exact injury was unconfirmed by those in WWE past many confirming the injury and that as of right now the plan is to have him on the show from Tampa to address the nature of the injury. Within the WWE the speculation was a torn triceps but nobody close enough to the situation would confirm anything more than a significant injury to be addressed on the show.

There was a spot in the Rumble where the referee checked on Punk and he told the ref "My triceps."

Punk tore his triceps previously at All Out in Chicago in 2022 in the main event of the show against Jon Moxley, had immediate surgery and was out of action for more than nine months before returning for the debut of the Collision show. He was likely able to return a little before that but his return was held off to build the debut of Collision, which he was to be the star of.

When Punk told the referee about his triceps it was late in the match after taking a future shock DDT from Drew McIntyre.

Punk was scheduled to face Seth Rollins at WrestleMania this year. It will be clear tonight whether or not that will be possible.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
If he tore his tricep again then buddy need to hang it up and go be a trainer in NXT or something. His body not built for this anymore.
full

Last edited: