CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
This is true, and I definitely see your point of view here, but regarding HHH, that buck stopped with Vince.

I mean, wrestler's court existed too, so you're not wrong.

I think it's two things with AEW that set it apart. First, the buck doesn't seem to stop with TK. Maybe I'm wrong, but if Vince fired Punk, you'd know it was Vince making the final call. TK is a weak leader, so people assume that Danielson is (part of) making that final call, not TK.

Second, Danielson is in an official position here working with legal. I guess the closest is having wrestlers on the booking committee in WCW and WWF, but WCW and WWF didn't have dudes huddling with actual legal execs to make personnel decisions.

...though that's if this is true. Sapp is a credulous clown, after all. However, if it's true, I do think those are two differences from the norm of having wrestlers in positions of command in the past.

Snowman didn't grow up in the business, and is a billionaire dweeb to put it nicely. The best thing for Snowman to do honestly is have someone else with wrestling background run the company for him and be there to sign off on things. The problem Snowman has is he has his mark goggles on at all times, and it allows people to take advantage of him.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
This is true, and I definitely see your point of view here, but regarding HHH, that buck stopped with Vince.

I think it's two things with AEW that set it apart. First, the buck doesn't seem to stop with TK. Maybe I'm wrong, but if Vince fired Punk, you'd know it was Vince making the final call. TK is a weak leader, so people assume that Danielson is (part of) making that final call, not TK.

Second, Danielson is in an official position here working with legal. I guess the closest is having wrestlers on the booking committee in WCW and WWF, but WCW and WWF didn't have dudes huddling with actual legal execs to make personnel decisions.

...though that's if this is true. Sapp is a credulous clown, after all. However, if it's true, I do think those are two differences from the norm of having wrestlers in positions of command in the past.

I understand your point of view, but according to this article HHH was involved in some capacity.

Plus wasn't John Cena involved in getting Alex Riley and someone else fired.

This isn't the last time something like this will happen. WWE has been doing this for years and they're doing just fine.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Pat Patterson was like 46 when he became Vince's right hand man :dame: :ufdup:

Baba and Inoki were the bosses and top stars of their respective companies.

JCP/WCW is a good example of active wrestlers having management roles and ending up in disaster.

WWE then had La Nariz.

This thing with AEW ain't new. You can disagree with the decision of having Danielson in that position, I think it's a valid criticism, but no one can act like this is AEW doing something we haven't seen before or some shyt.

Besides, y'all focusing on Punk but Dragon also a big reason why we haven't had to endure Jungle Boy anymore :blessed:

"That kid is a menace Tony, suspend him :bryan:"

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Imagine Hunter or Nick Khan placing AJ Styles as the head of “disciplinary commission” for the entire company
bushlaugh.png

This the type of shyt TK is doing with his company lmao.

You get off TK's back. Punk lunged at him with a chainsaw. He could have died that night trying to defend himself against that animal Brooks......can't even say his name. :mjcry:

You think he wants this? It just happ-ened! :damn:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

TK said himself on national TV when it was announced that the final decision to fire Punk was his and his alone. The disciplinary committee just recommended it.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I understand your point of view, but according to this article HHH was involved in some capacity.

Plus wasn't John Cena involved in getting Alex Riley and someone else fired.

This isn't the last time something like this will happen. WWE has been doing this for years and they're doing just fine.
I mean in the pro sports your top players are going to have a say on who comes in and who goes out.

You think someone like LeBron doesn’t have some input on who the Lakers cut from the roster in the preseason to get it down to size or who gets traded?