CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
We gonna act like they’re peers when TK gave Punk so much creative freedom and control? :heh:

Like other places there’s gonna be “regular folk” who’s opinion/voice are heard over another, especially level-headed people who don’t create problems. Like I said, there’s no way Dragon actually fired Punk. TK isn’t that much of an idiot. Dudes are already running with that narrative already. :dwillhuh:

Who else was part of the disciplinary team? If it was filled with all current talent then you can complain all you want. That would be odd.

Creative control is not the same as someone employment

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Active wrestlers have always been a part of running things in wrestling. Danielson is not an isolated case. How do you think HHH got into the position he is in right now? Never change TSC. I love the hypocrisy.

:mjlol:

Actors get people fired from sets all the time. Wrasslin is no different than filming movies. :mjlol:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Never. NXT 4-Life. :ufdup:

Plus I'm afraid to try to change it because I might not be able to change it back. 😭

Contrary to TSC belief I changed it during the night of SummerSlam 2021 because of all the people complaining about how Bianca lost to Becky's heel turn in a squash. I was trying to troll the haters after I told them to "Think outside the box" and to look at the bigger picture. So I made a generic avi with those words in it. Then it just evolved over time to the NXT 2.0 logo and now the current NXT logo.

It had nothing to do with Punk going to AEW. That was the night before so if it really was about that I would have changed it sooner.

giphy.gif

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Active wrestlers have always been a part of running things in wrestling. Danielson is not an isolated case. How do you think HHH got into the position he is in right now? Never change TSC. I love the hypocrisy.

Pretty hilarious that you have the Stooge World Order goofing on Snowman allowing Danielson to have a say when Vince McMahon often consulted with wrestlers (including HHH/HBK for the Montreal Screwjob) during the attitude era.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
What I've seen on here is that people expected TK to go against the NDA but not Punk... :dahell: It's likely neither of them can say shyt.

TSC lawyers get their legal degrees from ambulance chaser commercials and what the dirt sheets say. Anyone that expected Punk to go full 2pac on "Hit Em Up" towards AEW/Snowman/Omega/The Bucks is a clown.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
And now you’re drifting away from my point. All I’m saying is there’s levels to how these wrestlers are treated. Someone like Action Andretti isn’t the exact peer of Punk. Do they both wrestle? Of course, but their status and rep separate them.

:snoop:

Daps

This is true, and I definitely see your point of view here, but regarding HHH, that buck stopped with Vince.

I mean, wrestler's court existed too, so you're not wrong.

I think it's two things with AEW that set it apart. First, the buck doesn't seem to stop with TK. Maybe I'm wrong, but if Vince fired Punk, you'd know it was Vince making the final call. TK is a weak leader, so people assume that Danielson is (part of) making that final call, not TK.

Second, Danielson is in an official position here working with legal. I guess the closest is having wrestlers on the booking committee in WCW and WWF, but WCW and WWF didn't have dudes huddling with actual legal execs to make personnel decisions.

...though that's if this is true. Sapp is a credulous clown, after all. However, if it's true, I do think those are two differences from the norm of having wrestlers in positions of command in the past.