CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Punk is NEVER gonna mention AEW himself in WWE. Someone else may do a "you couldn't make it in the other place" line or something but that's it.
The only time we ever heard the letters A E W on WWE TV was when Sami said it during that AMA segment back in 2019. It's likely going to stay that way too.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Punk is NEVER gonna mention AEW himself in WWE. Someone else may do a "you couldn't make it in the other place" line or something but that's it.
Yeah the NDA he likely signed when he got fired is probably pretty broad and restrictive

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Punk did say some kissed him on the lips. Kofi? :dame:
Now Punk and Kofi can go get pulled over by racist police officers everywhere they go again.

COP: Step out of the car, please.
full

PUNK: :whoa: Kofi, you don't have to get out of the car!
KOFI: :manny: **immediately gets put in handcuffs**
PUNK: **watching everything unfold in the rearview mirror** :snoop:

I bet Phil wanted to throw hands with Kof after that incident transpired. "You dumb a$$hole, I told you not to get out of the goddamn motherfukking car! :ufdup: ""

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to make money” line is funny as fukk. Dude coulda had made more money and more creative freedom if he didn’t let the flippy guys get to him. :heh:

I wonder how much he’s gonna make off moving merch. He had to have asked for a good percentage.
WWE did reduce the percentage based on merchandise payout BUT I'm sure top guys get to negotiate a higher percentage.
Yeah the NDA he likely signed when he got fired is probably pretty broad and restrictive
If there was an NDA then he got paid out lol it sounds like probably a mutual NDA in place, same with Cody.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I think this opens up an interesting storyline though where Seth sees through Punk’s bullshyt and tries to bring the real Punk out.
Isnt that the Eddie and Punk feud?

And he was fukking right. Having Hobbes win the TNT Belt due to QT's inteference made Hobbs look worse. :stopitslime:
Involving Hobbs in the tnt title picture between Joe and Wardlow just so Hobbs can eat the pin in the triple threat match was dumb as hell too.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
‘One source who spoke with him relayed there was "no sign of the version of the person who we'd hear was so miserable in AEW." A few people who weren't thrilled Punk was back noted that after talking with him, they felt better about Punk returning. So, it was a good first night back in that regard.’

— PWInsider

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Here's the full article

CM Punk was terminated by AEW following a situation at AEW All Out by a quickly developed discipline committee, and we’ve learned more, largely because of a tweet that may have referenced it.

Recently, Fightful revealed that a long rumored member of the committee, Megha Parekh, had actually stepped back from a lot of her duties as Chief Legal Officer by that time and actually had nothing to do with the committee. We’ve since learned that AEW General Counsel Chris Peck, who assumed many of her responsibilities, was a part of the three-person committee, along with an outside attorney.

However, there was also one long-respected member of the AEW talent roster that was involved, in Bryan Danielson. When asking sources on the AEW roster about his inclusion, one called him an “appropriate moral compass who exemplifies objectivity" and said that he effectively headed up and was the face of the disciplinary committee. Danielson was said to have spoken to the roster when addressing them about Punk’s termination, and noted that the decision was a particularly hard one. He cited the positives that CM Punk brought and his longstanding friendship with Punk, but said that it was the decision that had to be made.

On November 27, Danielson tweeted “My dad always told me, “The right thing is often the hardest thing to do. It won’t always make the most money. It won’t always be the most popular. But it’s still the right thing." We’re told that’s what Danielson said when speaking to talent at the meeting months before.

We weren’t given any indication regarding the decision making process that occurred by the disciplinary committee. Those that we spoke to said they believed CM Punk was aware by now that Danielson was a pair of said committee, as many of his friends were included in the meeting where Danielson addressed them.

This is a continued duty for Danielson, as he's also responsible for handing out fines when necessary.