CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
If I remember correctly, I think he owns the copyright for the name "Ricky Starks." But WWE is hellbent on owning copyrights for their wrestlers, and he's not necessarily a big enough star yet to get a pass, so who knows if they'd let him use it. They'd probably just call him "Starks" or something :russ:
He’ll be Zoey’s Cousin :troll:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Ibou and wrestling purists are clowns too. 75% of their "reporting" comes from Dave and SRS and Keller but they act like they are big insiders.

Mark site and podcast.
Their existence depends on the neckbeards believing everything they say. HHH did a lot of damage to them with the Punk signing so they're desperate to break another story, because the thought of having to get a real job frightens them. :mjlol:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Whole thing reminds me a whole lot of Warrior for some reason. Hunter burying a hatchet to give a tried and tested draw another shot... let's just hope it has a better ending.

No reason it can't be great - if Punk can accept the creative he's given and the locker room stays civil, he's a license to print money and that's all anyone in Titan Towers has ever really cared about.

Let's see where we are in a year...

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The Promo was mid, very No Way Out 2002

It is what it is, WWE might be hot but what makes it weird is that its more sterile than ever.
The Bloodline shyt had everyone thinking Hunter was some genius. Just by looking at the backstage all night I felt like Punk was not gonna cook

That all said, this deal also came about very recently and talent and creative were not informed of his return on Saturday so what was gonna do other than come in and do a pep rally lol

I also dont expect his promos to hit before because this creative boom has dialogue and promos that are worse than when Vince was in charge. All you have to do is see the fact that LA Knight and Cody are over to know that.

Its either be a cancer or PG Punk I guess but its whatever.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
“I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to make money” line is funny as fukk. Dude coulda had made more money and more creative freedom if he didn’t let the flippy guys get to him. :heh:

I wonder how much he’s gonna make off moving merch. He had to have asked for a good percentage.

He hasnt closed his PWtees store yet but Homage and Chalk Line gonna ball with the Punk license merch

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Mid as hell promo

Running the nice guy persona back :unimpressed:

At this point he doesnt have anything to be mad about......yet :hubie:

Hes signed presumably to a decent size contract, new liscence partners for merch under WWE, probably got a promise to main event one of the mania nights and gonna get cheered at different PLE's across different continents in 2024.....and this soft ass WWE PG crowd will pop for autopilot shyt (see Cody. Hell look how they popped at the disengenious Im home comment he said)

I say all that to say if and when he loses his shyt again, we're gonna go back and wish he was still PG Punk and worry about the "soulessness in the eyes" that just overthinking.:manny:

I dont like it, but they signed him with no immediate plans. So until Seth is done with Drew and Jey, he might as well come out to the Pep rally chill home for the holidays and then cook

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Mid as hell promo

Running the nice guy persona back :unimpressed:
It's kinda funny he's gonna have the same path he had in AEW.

Come in happy, have mini feuds with midcard guys to get things going and fill up time before his first real feud starts. In AEW it was Eddie and WWE it's gonna be Seth :pachaha:

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
The Promo was mid, very No Way Out 2002

It is what it is, WWE might be hot but what makes it weird is that its more sterile than ever.
The Bloodline shyt had everyone thinking Hunter was some genius. Just by looking at the backstage all night I felt like Punk was not gonna cook

That all said, this deal also came about very recently and talent and creative were not informed of his return on Saturday so what was gonna do other than come in and do a pep rally lol

I also dont expect his promos to hit before because this creative boom has dialogue and promos that are worse than when Vince was in charge. All you have to do is see the fact that LA Knight and Cody are over to know that.

It’s either be a cancer or PG Punk I guess but it’s whatever.
He had to sort of humble himself before getting into the good stuff. I get it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'd love to know who gave the "But he knew he kinda had to be" quote :heh:

Was anyone really expecting Punk to be an a$$hole on his first day back? It took him 6 months to turn into his old self in AEW and he'll most likely behave better in WWE, at least for longer than in the other place.