CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the way tickets sold for All In, I can get not having it there, save that matchup for another PPV that would need more help selling tickets. Don't think anyone had on their list Punk going nuts fighting Jungle Boy and getting in a heated conflict with TK before his PPV match on their bingo card though.
This is just an excuse TBH with you. A good promoter never would have chosen Jungle Boy and the Bucks over CM Punk. I know Triple H laughed as soon as he read about it and shot him a quick text within 24 hours of being fired. The last minute stuff is a lie. Taking both guys aside, disciplining the lesser guy, giving Punk time to cool off -- is how most promoters would have handled their top guy to protect their business, not just hand him over to their competition.

WWE signing Punk is like going over to a beaten man (AEW) and just taking the last shot to finish him off for shyts and giggles.

It's a werk

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I do think HHH is petty enough to bring him over as Ricky Starks and give him the recognition that he could only dream of under that name in AEW (or Corgan's NWA, haha).

I mean, I don't want to watch any of the shows, but HHH and Punk teaming up to be incredibly petty to Tony Khan sounds like the best angle in pro wrestling in decades, and bringing Starks in and making him a legit world champ contender as Ricky Starks seems like a logical step.

If I remember correctly, I think he owns the copyright for the name "Ricky Starks." But WWE is hellbent on owning copyrights for their wrestlers, and he's not necessarily a big enough star yet to get a pass, so who knows if they'd let him use it. They'd probably just call him "Starks" or something :russ:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Imagine Billy Gunn talking shyt to stone cold on Twitter when he returned in 03.

full

I can't with some of these wrestlers.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
The tension you're referring to really kicked off after the Saudi's murdered that Washington Post reporter. Want to say it was either WWE's 2nd or 3rd show they did in Saudi Arabia happened a couple weeks after that event. Cena and Danielson pulled out of that Saudi show because of "differences".

I remember lol

I’m just saying

“Hey, there’s tensions between Saudi and Syria, it would probably be beneficial if we sit this one out”

Is very different from the Saudi Government saying:

“HEY WWE, DONT BRING THAT SAMI GUY OVER HERE IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU :ufdup:

while Muhammad Hassan’s theme plays in the background

That’s how y’all be talkin like the shyt went down lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Surprisingly this hasn't been brought up much in all this given that Orton and R-Truth just came back (not like he's going to be involved in any major storyline, but he almost always has a spot on the show). Unless they have another round of deavors planned for the new year to clear up room for those in NXT, there's not enough TV time to accommodate those in NXT who have been ready to move up the ladder.

I think more cuts are definitely coming but some TSC favorites are going to toil in midcard and they have to because there's not a lot of room at the top. Montez Ford STILL hasn't been pushed. He is clearly a star in the making. He showed that at Elimination Chamber.

I'd like to see Montez vs. Gunther. Book it, Hunter.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I remember lol

I’m just saying

“Hey, there’s tensions between Saudi and Syria, it would probably be beneficial if we sit this one out”

Is very different from the Saudi Government saying:

“HEY WWE, DONT BRING THAT SAMI GUY OVER HERE IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU :ufdup:

while Muhammad Hassan’s theme plays in the background

That’s how y’all be talkin like the shyt went down lol
NGL I really thought the bolded was essentially what happened with Sami fearing for his life :snoop: fell for the dirt sheet duck tales like a mark

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think more cuts are definitely coming but some TSC favorites are going to toil in midcard and they have to because there's not a lot of room at the top. Montez Ford STILL hasn't been pushed. He is clearly a star in the making. He showed that at Elimination Chamber.

I'd like to see Montez vs. Gunther. Book it, Hunter.

Sorry man Trick WIlliams took his spot.. in the next five yrs or sooner... Trick Williams will be the face of WWE he has the wrestling personality and wrestling individual promo skills and his look and his in ring abilities are getting better..

Montez is too goofy

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
NGL I really thought the bolded was essentially what happened with Sami fearing for his life :snoop: fell for the dirt sheet duck tales like a mark
Lmao man..

Don’t get me wrong, the Saudi government is NASTY (as are governments across the board, unfortunately.. I mean, we’re black in America lol)

But the xenophobia I see from Americans toward the Muslim tradition over there is actually kinda nuts. People really thought Sami would get beheaded if he popped out. Like.. guys…..

:heh:

It’s not funny but it is. Western culture norms mixed with stereotypes and propaganda really be having us looking at these cats like foreign heels from the 80’s lol

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why can't both of them rise up the card? :mjpls:

No offense , Montez has to tune up his character and get way more serious and also change some of his ring work before i see him as a main event material , but i could be wrong

but if Edge can be a main player and be as dry and boring as he was then ain't no reason if some booker believes in Montez can he get the same push as Edge.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I see alot of people writing Punk off….He might be past his prime but I would still take him over some guys on the current WWE roster.

I would prefer if he returned as a heel though…it’s been over a decade since he was one. Theres stories that can be told which is what Punk is great at. He doesn’t have to or need to have 25 min plus physical-dragged out matches unless it’s on a big stage like a Wrestlemania.

I’ll put him on RAW if it was my choice
In your opinion...what's MUST SEE on Raw? Not just the topic on the Rebel....anything.