CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
If Sami can put his differences aside and attend a Saudi show

The Saudi government actually blocked Sami from participating in the shows because of Syrian descent. Only reason Sami did the last show was because of the diplomatic relationship between Saudi Arabia and Syria thawing.

"Differences aside" is absolutely not the way to describe that situation Sarge.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
The Saudi government actually blocked Sami from participating in the shows because of Syrian descent. Only reason Sami did the last show was because of the diplomatic relationship between Saudi Arabia and Syria thawing.

Lol y’all be making shyt up

There were never any “differences aside” or blocking of anything. It was a business decision due to ongoing tension over there to sit those shows out, and they’ve since changed their minds because of many circumstances including the tension thawing

The narratives yall create will always amaze me. Nobody ever told Sami he could or couldn’t go anywhere. Stop believing everything you read online. It’s all speculative bullshyt

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Lol y’all be making shyt up

There were never any “differences aside” or blocking of anything. It was a business decision due to ongoing tension over there to sit those shows out, and they’ve since changed their minds because of many circumstances including the tension thawing

The narratives yall create will always amaze me. Nobody ever told Sami he could or couldn’t go anywhere

The tension you're referring to really kicked off after the Saudi's murdered that Washington Post reporter. Want to say it was either WWE's 2nd or 3rd show they did in Saudi Arabia happened a couple weeks after that event. Cena and Danielson pulled out of that Saudi show because of "differences".

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The narratives yall create will always amaze me.

People just want to be mad 24/7. Remember these are the same people who said Punk is washed and now he's not washed etc. The narratives change all the time, it's hard to keep up with :pachaha: Then there's other people like "he's your problem now!" :mjlol: weirdos..

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

This.

I think Sami was legitimately afraid he might get held back if he attended the Saudi shows just because of his Syrian heritage / charity work for Syria.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
By the way, for the people hellbent on Stark leaving. I don't think it'd be a bad thing necessarily for him to leave AEW, they could definitely do a lot more than they have with him.

But what makes you think Starks is going to come in and get a big push when Montez Ford still hasn't? When Bron Breakker still hasn't been called up? When Melo still hasn't been called up?

There's only so many spots.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
When Bron Breakker still hasn't been called up? When Melo still hasn't been called up?

Surprisingly this hasn't been brought up much in all this given that Orton and R-Truth just came back (not like he's going to be involved in any major storyline, but he almost always has a spot on the show). Unless they have another round of deavors planned for the new year to clear up room for those in NXT, there's not enough TV time to accommodate those in NXT who have been ready to move up the ladder.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
By the way, for the people hellbent on Stark leaving. I don't think it'd be a bad thing necessarily for him to leave AEW, they could definitely do a lot more than they have with him.

But what makes you think Starks is going to come in and get a big push when Montez Ford still hasn't? When Bron Breakker still hasn't been called up? When Melo still hasn't been called up?

Starks should begin in NXT, no one will know him if he goes straight to main. The only way he might get over quick on the main roster is if he is paired up with Cody Rhodes from the start.

Last edited:
Daps
Just like no one knows Jade? :skip:
I do think HHH is petty enough to bring him over as Ricky Starks and give him the recognition that he could only dream of under that name in AEW (or Corgan's NWA, haha).

I mean, I don't want to watch any of the shows, but HHH and Punk teaming up to be incredibly petty to Tony Khan sounds like the best angle in pro wrestling in decades, and bringing Starks in and making him a legit world champ contender as Ricky Starks seems like a logical step.