CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The only issue I see is where's the room? The WWE roster right now is as loaded as it's been in YEARS.
That's why I always laugh to myself when I see the "___ is next to jump" because where are they gonna go and how much TV time will they get after they debut before we see them hocking merch between PPV matches?

Whooty Chaser

#PAWGSET
Daps
So who does Punk legit beef with first backstage? :jbhmm: Woulda def been Riddle if he were still around.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

this shyt definitely staged but that was almost how it played out with me and the homies

:bryan:

i had the remote in hand, aiming it at the tv. about to cut that shyt off! then the music hit lol

God damn this neckbeard is furious....passive aggressive posting all through this thread :deadrose:

my boy cattle don't give a fukk about Punk, but he's definitely bothered by the reaction its getting. the gravity of punk being back in WWE got bro wild annoyed, even if he denies it

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The “weren’t ya’ll shytting on Punk” crowd should give it a rest

This was a big deal because it was WWE. Period, I understand that sounds wild without context, but I’ll break that down.

Punk in WWE is something 99% of the wrestling fanbase universally gave up on at one point and simply didn’t find it possible. It was legitimately hell freezing over. I still woke up in disbelief.. Punk returning to AEW or going anywhere else is like.. “yo.. Punk is back. Cool.” But dude returning to the WWE is legitimately like nikka, WHAT!?

It’s the same thing with Sasha/Mercedes. If AEW does land her, it’ll be a big deal and people would be like “whoa.. this is ill”… but it’s expected, and safe. If she were to return to WWE tho, people would lose their shyt because it’s so shocking and left field. Most of us still don’t even believe she’ll ever work for that company again
The common dominator in all of this is that Vince McMahon is no longer in power creatively.

As soon as word got out that Ari Emmanuel put Vince on timeout for good. WWE became VERY attractive to go too..

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I’m laughing at the thought of HHH sitting in the gorilla position connecting his phone to the arena’s sound system Bluetooth and queuing up CM Punk’s theme music on YouTube at the last minute…texting Punk “r u ready”? :mjgrin:

060_Diary_04012016rf_1014__cb7942a7fa0989eef70d1d238c8c1f45.jpg

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
The day AEW dies is the day WWE lets their foot off the gas and goes back to the shytty company it was for 20 years, multiple people lose their jobs not only in AEW but WWE as well because WWE will be too bloated signing AEW rejects.

WWE’s success right now can be partially credited to AEW and not speaking to you specifically but I don’t know how WWE stans don’t want AEW to thrive cause it only makes WWE better.

AEW existing is the reason that acts like Dana Brooke, Jinder Mahal, etc. were signing 5 year contracts and saw a bump in pay. Contracts would stagnate if AEW closed because it's not like TNA or MLW could afford those deals and not everyone has the drive that Matt Cardona has to make bank without being signed anywhere.

So who does Punk legit beef with first backstage? :jbhmm: Woulda def been Riddle if he were still around.

If Matt Riddle was still there, the beef would pretty much be on-sight because of Riddle's MMA bro mentality and his inability to keep his mouth closed. Outside of that, not sure when CM Punk transforms back into Sourpuss Punk. He knows this is the last shot he has to a) make bank given how much he lost by being fired by AEW and b) end his career on his terms on a high note. So helps him financially and legacy-wise to eat crow if he wants to be able to write the final chapter of his career.

Obviously people are going to list the matches they want to see but the problem lies with other talent in the company that may have been promised something but are now on the backburner because a 45 year old Punk is back (that's another issue altogether since the WWE Stooges were shytting on Punk's performance in the ring when he was in AEW). I'm fairly certain McIntyre is going to go full Dean Ambrose "I'm here to collect checks until my contract runs out" mode and leave whenever his deal is up.