CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
AEW existing is the reason that acts like Dana Brooke, Jinder Mahal, etc. were signing 5 year contracts and saw a bump in pay. Contracts would stagnate if AEW closed because it's not like TNA or MLW could afford those deals and not everyone has the drive that Matt Cardona has to make bank without being signed anywhere.

If Matt Riddle was still there, the beef would pretty much be on-sight because of Riddle's MMA bro mentality and his inability to keep his mouth closed. Outside of that, not sure when CM Punk transforms back into Sourpuss Punk. He knows this is the last shot he has to a) make bank given how much he lost by being fired by AEW and b) end his career on his terms on a high note. So helps him financially and legacy-wise to eat crow if he wants to be able to write the final chapter of his career.

Obviously people are going to list the matches they want to see but the problem lies with other talent in the company that may have been promised something but are now on the backburner because a 45 year old Punk is back (that's another issue altogether since the WWE Stooges were shytting on Punk's performance in the ring when he was in AEW). I'm fairly certain McIntyre is going to go full Dean Ambrose "I'm here to collect checks until my contract runs out" mode and leave whenever his deal is up.
And they're also the reason they're willing to let people walk now, they no longer see them as competition so those big bumps in pay for low card talent are gone.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And they're also the reason they're willing to let people walk now, they no longer see them as competition so those big bumps in pay for low card talent are gone.

Wrestlers are still winning. 5 years ago those lower card wrestlers would have to grind on the indies or step away from wrestling. Anyone above the midcard is gettin PAID too... TK just paid Ospreay a 7 figure deal to pluck him from NJPW. 5 years ago a guy like Ospreay is likely signing an NXT contract and hoping to get a fast track to the main roster.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I know y’all not talking about whether AEW’s existence helps wrestlers make a better living

Every wrestler has said as much. This shouldn’t even be up for debate

Straight from this mf mouth

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I know y’all not talking about whether AEW’s existence helps wrestlers make a better living

Every wrestler has said as much. This shouldn’t even be up for debate

It's common sense. But we've seen these outlandish posts before. When Punk debuted in AEW and then Cole/Danielson came in the same night it was all "TK lettin his nuts hang!" and "WWE ain't shyt no more...." It didn't help that all the bullshyt with Vince was going on.

Now it's "AEW is dead" and I don't think they are dead but it's been a bad year for them for sure aside from the All IN buzz.

Hunter on the other hand is cookin :cook:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
The day AEW dies is the day I go back to being a never watcher. And that likely would be permanent.

200w.gif

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
People saying Ricky starts gotta be next(twitter and Instagram included)

Nah he gotta stay right where he is. He'd be lost in the shuffle in WWE's midcard. He has a higher chance of becoming aew champion than he does even reaching upper midcard status in WWE. Unless he goes the NXT route.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It's common sense. But we've seen these outlandish posts before. When Punk debuted in AEW and then Cole/Danielson came in the same night it was all "TK lettin his nuts hang!" and "WWE ain't shyt no more...." It didn't help that all the bullshyt with Vince was going on.

Now it's "AEW is dead" and I don't think they are dead but it's been a bad year for them for sure aside from the All IN buzz.

Hunter on the other hand is cookin :cook:

AEW is just going through growing pains. I think signing guys like Ospreay, and even the Okada’s of the world are a step in the right direction

WWE is obviously hot as fish grease and that’s not stopping anytime soon. It’s tough because the main selling point as to why people should even watch AEW was that WWE was in the dumps. Now that that’s over, it’s gonna be a struggle to keep people interested but they’ll be straight. Just continue to carve out that niche. Maybe look to bring in even more international names to really differentiate that product from the E’s, and keep the ball rolling.

It’s not just over all of a sudden. AEW still coming off one of the illest PPV’s of the year, and still have in my opinion the hottest act in wrestling (Swerve)

But like I said, WWE is hot. Like, they HOT HOT. Only gon get hotter. Roll with the punches and keep rocking

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
People saying Ricky starts gotta be next(twitter and Instagram included)

Nah he gotta stay right where he is. He'd be lost in the shuffle in WWE's midcard. He has a higher chance of becoming aew champion than he does even reaching upper midcard status in WWE. Unless he goes the NXT route.

I agree. I don't think either Starks or Hobbs will jump unless AEW/TK do something absolutely egregious to them.