Clyde Drexler's career and resume is looking pretty good compared to these guards who will retire ringless journeymen

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know you're a Blazers fan but even you know Clyde Drexler ain't better than Kobe Bryant.
i think the point is we kinda forget about how good he was and there were a lot of things he did well that we forget about. He had his flaws in his game, but those late 80’s/early 90’s teams could’ve won with him if they had a center and 1 more facilitator. Shame we never got to see Sabonis healthy at his peak in the NBA. If he gets to come over to the states, he probably doesn’t tear either Achilles tendon and they probably get at least 1 title. They were 1 guy away from possibly being the annual favorite in the whole league (definitely in the west) and the one guy they needed was the one guy only they had the rights to if he’d been able to come over.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, that’s cap.

And he averaged over 25 points per game three times in his career.
Cap how? Drexler wasnt load managing, he wasnt missing games jist because. He carried portland on his back since his 3rd year. He played his ass off. He played through injuries and they caught up to him. Salute to Clyde

Before his injury in 93 the most games his missed in a season was 9. That wasnt on top of the deep playoff runs he had as well.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Cap how? Drexler wasnt load managing, he wasnt missing games jist because. He carried portland on his back since his 3rd year. He played his ass off. He played through injuries and they caught up to him. Salute to Clyde

Before his injury in 93 the most games his missed in a season was 9. That wasnt on top of the deep playoff runs he had as well.
He wasn’t carrying Portland, which was my point. It was one of the most talented teams in the NBA and he didn’t have to score huge points to get them there.

He wasn’t the highest scoring player on that team until season four and they always had five guys averaging at least ten a game.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He wasn’t carrying Portland, which was my point. It was one of the most talented teams in the NBA and he didn’t have to score huge points to get them there.
They were so "talented" thst he only had 1 other all star for 2 seasons? (In which they were competing) They had nice pieces Duck (r.i.p.) uncle cliffy (r.i.p) Jerome box n 1 fade Kersey, Terry porter and the end of danny ainge's prime. Also buck williams as well.

If sabonis would have came over 5 years earlier they might have gotten a title

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
They were so "talented" thst he only had 1 other all star for 2 seasons? They had nice pieces Duck (r.i.p.) uncle cliffy (r.i.p) Jerome box n 1 fade Kersey, Terry porter and the end of danny ainge's prime. Also buck williams as well.

If sabonis would have came over 5 years earlier they might have gotten a title
They were so talented that his first four seasons he wasn’t the leading scorer. :dahell:

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They were so talented that his first four seasons, he wasn’t the leading scorer. :dahell:
Now tell me where Jim Paxon and Kiki was at when the blazers were actually competing for titles. Smh I cant believe you did that. Smh

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Now tell me where Jim Paxon and Kiki was at when the blazers were actually competing for titles. Smh I cant believe you did that. Smh
The reason they weren’t competing then was due to Sam Bowie being broken.

And then both of those guys got old. You don’t really have a point and I’m not sure why you are defending Clyde’s honor like He was your dad.

All I said was his career dipped after ‘92, which is a fact.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
  • NBA champion (21ppg starter)
  • 3 NBA finals
  • 5x all NBA (consider the shooting guards of the era)
  • NCAA title game
  • 2 gold medals
Got to play with his homie Hakeem twice and go to title game/series both times. Led 2 blazer teams to the finals.

Would you rather have the career of Clyde drexler, or James harden, Chris Paul, dame Lillard, Paul George, etc (today's stars who ain't gonna do it almost certainly)
:to: