Cleveland or Louisville for relocation

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Didn't touch on East Bank of Flats. MANY bars and restaurants right on the water and concert venues

1-east-bank-of-the-flats-pj-ziegler.jpg

3e3e5b02-9d41-45d5-adc5-da8296ffb35c-jacobsnautica.jpg

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Moved to Cleveland for a year when i was 8 got trapped in a blizzard walking home from school so for that reason alone im going with Louisville.

fukk the snow.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
I have fam in Cleveland and my girl is from there

The negatives

1. The city neighborhoods not the suburbs is complete shyt.. it’s like many nikkas enjoy the negative/ depression life

2. If he looking for a woman without a kid or two… good luck… I see what nikkas be doing when it’s cold 9 months out the year

3. For me is wasn’t enough real black soul food spots like I see in Chicago or Detroit or St Louis since it is Midwest

4. No music scene

The positives

1. Like I mentioned before, u can drive to Detroit within 2 hours, Toronto within 4 hours and Chicago five hours away .

2. Nice looking suburban areas, south Euclid, Beachwood, pepper pike.. I heard the west side is nice but it’s more white

3. Cost of living beats Cali by far

4. Some nice ass breakfast spots and nice parks to walk/exercise

5. Traffic isn’t that bad compared to other big cities

Going to have to respectfully disagree on this one, no music scene? In the home of Rock N Roll? :ohlawd:

I am just going to hit on the bigger venues here

Rock Hall

upcoming-events-hero.png

Jacobs Pavilion

374085-1.jpg

Agora

DSC_0286.1-web.jpg

House of Blues

5dm4-3206-hob-wedding-1_51_126689-158266674254983.jpeg

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge

Cleveland ranked 5th in America for 'best cities for nightlife'​

When you think about Cleveland, you probably think about the Browns, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or the city's tricky past with a certain river incident. What you might not consider is the nightlife scene. Cleveland might not have the reputation that New Orleans, New York or Nashville has for bars and nightlife, but the city recently ranked fifth in the top 10 U.S. cities for nightlife.

The Apartment Guide ranking took into consideration the amount of nightlife venues and entertainment options (things like bars, breweries, clubs and live music venues) per person. According to their numbers, they counted 13 breweries, 219 bars, 67 clubs and two live music venues. That's one nightlife location for every 1,281 people. Although the Apartment Guide list was good, we think they might have missed a few breweries and live music venues. According to our count, Cleveland actually has 18 breweries and 17 live music venues, but we can forgive them for missing a few.

It might surprise some people that Cleveland has so many nightlife spots, but what they should really know is that the term "nightlife" encompasses a wide range of things. From jazz clubs and dueling piano bars to microbreweries and cider houses, there truly is something for everyone to enjoy in The Land.

The other great part about Cleveland nightlife is that there are places for people of all ages. Families with small children can enjoy live music at a cozy bar in Lakewood while college kids can celebrate 21st birthdays at the clubs on West 6th Street. Looking for a quiet date night with handcrafted cocktails and some piano music? Cleveland has that, too! Just head over to Quintana’s Speakeasy in Cleveland Heights or Society Lounge on East 4th Street.

Below are some of our favorite things to do in Cleveland when it gets dark.

For the best cocktails​

If you're looking for cocktails that are inventive and fun or just want to find a bartender that can mix the perfect Manhattan, check out one of these bars: The Spotted Owl, Society Lounge, Quintana's Speakeasy, Spice Kitchen + Bar, Forage, Velvet Tango Room, Porco Lounge and Tiki Room, and The Black Pig.

For the best locally made beer​

Beer is a staple in Cleveland. In fact, it's honestly hard to find a bar that doesn't have their own in-house brew on tap. If you want to sample a few great Cleveland beers, here are some of the best local breweries: Platform Beer, Bad Tom Smith Brewing, Nano Brew, Great Lakes Brewery, Butcher and the Brewer and Fatheads Brewery.

For the best live music​

There are a lot of places where you can hear live music in Cleveland. If you are looking for a little place that has great concerts and performers but isn't a huge venue, here are some of the best places to go: Music Box Supper Club, Quintana's Speakeasy, Nighttown and Take 5 Jazz Club.

For the best concert venues​

If you're looking for concert halls with live acts and big stages, you'll be happy to hear that Cleveland has those, too. From far on the East Side to Downtown, here are some of the best places to catch a concert: The Grog Shop, The Beachland Ballroom, The Agora, The House of Blues and Jacob's Pavilion at Nautica.

For the best dive bars​

Sometimes you just want somewhere you can grab a pint of beer, eat some greasy bar food and watch the game. No fancy cocktails or food necessary. Here are the best dive bars in Cleveland: ABC Tavern, Hoopples, The Treehouse, The Clevelander, Flannery's, Wild Eagle Saloon and the Winking Lizard Tavern.

For the best dancing​

Looking for a place to dance to loud music and have fun? Cleveland has that, too. Some of the places we recommend include: The Velvet Dog, Nauti Mermaid, The Vault, Big Bang Bar and Dive Bar.

If this extensive list of nightlife spots in Cleveland hasn't convinced you that the No. 5 ranking was well-deserved, we recommend checking out some of these places for yourself. After all, the best kind of education is hands-on.

scenedanceslideshow9.jpg

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cleveland is not as bad as people make in my opinion. Ohio city alone would make me pick Cleveland over Louisville.

But nightlife in Louisville appeared better from what I saw when I was there.

Cleveland comes off as dead in most of the city. Also food wise I’m not sure. Cleveland food scene needs a lot of work. Cleveland in my opinion had the worst soul food I ever tried.
Cleveland has repeatedly been rated one of the best food cities in the U.S.

You were just going to the wrong places.

Angie’s, Hot Sauce Williams (RIP), Kim’s, Zanzibar, Open Pitt, Mabel’s, B & M Kitchen etc.

I could give you a long list of food places outside of just soul food places to go - Cleveland has no shortage of wonderful food spots.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never been there but I hear Shaker Heights has a range. In the eastern part near University Heights is like the super expensive posh stuff and yeah he couldn't do that, but in the western part it seems like there are affordable apartments. Maybe @EndDomination could fill in the gaps since he used to live there.
Last time I looked there was still plenty of reasonably priced housing in Cleveland and even in Cleveland and Shaker Heights. I rented in University Heights for a bit, but the city proper also has a huge stock of housing.

There can be massive variations though, and it all depends on what you’d like to be close to.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Cleveland has repeatedly been rated one of the best food cities in the U.S.

You were just going to the wrong places.

Angie’s, Hot Sauce Williams (RIP), Kim’s, Zanzibar, Open Pitt, Mabel’s, B & M Kitchen etc.

I could give you a long list of food places outside of just soul food places to go - Cleveland has no shortage of wonderful food spots.
Please show me a list of cities that Cleveland ranks higher than in food since it’s rated so high?

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Please show me a list of cities that Cleveland ranks higher than in food since it’s rated so high?

Time Magazine

7. Cleveland, Ohio​

The rust belt city offers some old-fashioned, even old-world, charms. Readers ranked it at No. 5 for its rich food halls, like West Side Market—with spices, baked goods and delis—which dates back to 1912, when it catered primarily to the city’s immigrants. Today, you can also still tuck into great Polish cuisine—like chicken paprikash, bratwurst, pirogues and stuffed cabbage—at Sokolowski’s University Inn, a James Beard American Classic award-winner now in its third generation of family ownership. Still, you don’t get into the top 10 by living completely in the past; Cleveland also delighted readers with its trendy street food and bars (like Happy Dog, where hot dogs come with vodka sauerkraut or Bloody Mary ketchup) and upscale, New-American spots like Lola Bistro, run by Iron Chef Michael Symon.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Louisville is basically next door to Cincinnati, so it’s Ohio no matter what.

Cleveland was not my chit, and boo snow.

I hear Louisville lowkey has Bloods…but they also might get an NBA team.

Iono - at this point the tiebreaker goes to the cost of living if it was me…