Cleveland or Louisville for relocation

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Didn't touch on East Bank of Flats. MANY bars and restaurants right on the water and concert venues

1-east-bank-of-the-flats-pj-ziegler.jpg

3e3e5b02-9d41-45d5-adc5-da8296ffb35c-jacobsnautica.jpg
I actually did have good food in Cleveland. It was the soul food I didn’t enjoy.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Asking the question for a friend. He has a job in the maritime industry where he will be basically on a boat 6 months out of the year but the company flies him out to crew changes. However, they only fly out from specific cities and not where he is living. The closest cities he is looking at are Cleveland and Louisville. In Louisville he is looking at West Buechel, Hollow Creek Worthington, or maybe Fincastle. In Cleveland he is looking at Shaker Heights, South Euclid, etc.

He is a young, single breh that will be making around $40k to start. Any opinions welcome. Columbus may be an option too though he will need to drive to one of the previous cities to fly out.
Definitely Louisville. I lived there for five years, it was pretty cool. Watch out for the gangs (like anywhere else). As long as he about his business, he’s good.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Have your friend watch this video and be a 'fly on the wall' on this couples date downtown :troll:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Isn't Shaker Heights pretty upscale? Can he afford that on $40k?

I would go with Louisville. Nashville two hours away. Atlanta five hours away. Louisville seems like a cool town from the times I've passed through.

Ain’t shaker heights a high school?

Manny2828

Pro
Daps
I’ve been to both cities and I’m going to have to say Cleveland. Yes it’s rough in some parts and it gets very depressing in winter but Cleveland got more opportunities than in Louisville. Most black people I saw in Louisville mostly seemed to be working warehouse or airport carriers just back breaking low jobs. Black people I saw in Cleveland were mostly middle class. Most seem to live in the suburbs and work at the hospitals

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Why Columbus? I go there for a convention yearly but nothing else.
Columbus is going to be a smaller Chicago. Big universities mean a lot of jobs, tech going there, still cheap relatively and less crime. Not the nightlife of Cleveland yet but still a bunch to do and Cleveland Cincy and Dayton are all within 2 hours.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cleveland gets a bad wrap on the internet but there’s no question it’s the better city.

More to do. One of the best cities in the country for healthcare. Lots of options as far as where to live or what type of neighborhood you want to live in. Great food city, sports, beer, etc.

And there’s currently huge investments going into the city in tech, healthcare and leisure.

Pillmattic

Banned
Daps
Lexington ky is a cool suburban and small but a cool college town that seemed quiet with some bad joints here and there

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
No it isn’t
Yeah, I'm avoiding Kentucky just on principle:hubie: