Clerks 3 is finally happening...also Mallrats 2

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:deadrose: so all this fuss about clerks 3...the script, the announcement of shooting it in philly next month, getting financing, etc..and now he's shooting mallrats first?

They want to shoot in a deserted mall, apparently and the place they want sounds like it's going to be demolished before Clerks 3 was due to begin shooting

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They want to shoot in a deserted mall, apparently and the place they want sounds like it's going to be demolished before Clerks 3 was due to begin shooting

:ohhh: ok ok that makes sense. my bad then, I rescind my shade. Fukk it, mallrats 2 and clerks 3 back to back, sign me up. Im planning on listening to the new episode during my workout today

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:ohhh: ok ok that makes sense. my bad then, I rescind my shade. Fukk it, mallrats 2 and clerks 3 back to back, sign me up. Im planning on listening to the new episode during my workout today

Sounds like he's got piff on deck, we'll get it all eventually. :obama:

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
I wish they would just combine the two movies with Jay and Silent Bob being the connection. Smith set up one of the original "shared universe" film series anyways. But I'll see both.

A lot of his movies haven't aged well outside of Clerks 1 and 2. Mallrats was always goofy though so that gets a pass.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
guarantee it's all about Affleck. Affleck is bigger than Smith, and these 2 franchises. So they probably get a couple days of him to make his cameo but he had to dictate when that would be.

have no desire to listen to babble on. i guess this was the big news he tweeted about earlier?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
giphy.gif

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Kevin Smith Reveals Plot Details About Clerks III, Will Be Inspired by His Own Heart Attack

Days after Kevin Smith announced Clerks 3 was a go, the filmmaker has revealed the first plot details of the upcoming threequel. In a chat with TheWrap, Smith revealed the plot is pulled from his very own health scare from last year. In the film, Randal (Jeff Anderson) has a heart attack and his recovery leads him on a life-changing adventure. Smith himself suffered a near-fatal heart attack last February.

“Randal has a heart attack, decides that he came so close to death, and his life has meant nothing, there’s nobody to memorialize him, he has no family or anything like that,” Smith explains of the threequel. “And in the recovery, while under fentanyl, he comes to the conclusion at mid-life, having almost died, having worked in a movie store his whole life and watched other people’s movies, he tells Dante, I think we need to make a movie. So Dante and Randal make Clerks. That’s the story of Clerks 3.”

Smith has a third Clerks movie in the hopper for quite some time with some friends and he even going the length to publicly read one iteration of the script earlier this summer. After he ended up making amends with Anderson, Smith decided to overhaul the script and start shopping around a third Clerks film.

“I’m going to bring my boys right back to where they brought me. I’m writing it, it writes itself because I f—ing lived it 25 years ago,” continues the filmmaker. “It’s just warm and f—ing wonderful. They’re figuring it out the same way I figured it out, but I have the benefit of being able to cherry pick all my favorite stories and moments of making Clerks and putting it right back into their hands.”

It's unclear when Smith plans to enter production on Clerks 3 or who will distribute it; the first two films in the franchise were attached to Harvey Weinstein's The Weinstein Company.

Clerks 3 has yet to set a release date. Jay & Silent Bob Reboot is set for release October 15th.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE OLD SCRIPT WAS ABOUT N WHY RANDAL WASNT DOWN WIT IT?????
He’s always had to come kicking and screaming when it comes to doing anything after the first movie. And he and Kevin weren’t getting along at the time. So now that they’ve patched shyt up, he said he was down to do it and then Kevin started writing another script

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
He’s always had to come kicking and screaming when it comes to doing anything after the first movie. And he and Kevin weren’t getting along at the time. So now that they’ve patched shyt up, he said he was down to do it and then Kevin started writing another script

RIGHT

IM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT WAS THO