"Classic" film you watched that just didn't live up to expectation/hype?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I could co-sign Blair Witch being a cult classic....but in order for you to "Get it" as to why it was a big deal, you would have had to experience it and it's marketing campaign in real time. Watching it like 30 years after the fact is not going to give you the whole story.

It's kind of a shytty movie but there are plenty of 'classics' that created memorable moments for reasons other than impeccable film making lol

Clive42

All Star
Daps
Edge of tomorrow came from a manga book.

Yeah i'm aware. I think Groundhog Day was still where the time loop concept in film originated though. But im sure someone on here knows of older films that used a similar concept.

Clive42

All Star
Daps
To add another I wasn't feeling at the time was The Hurt Locker. Cant really say anything bad about it. Was just one of those ones where you watch a film, then end up quickly forgetting about it.

Clive42

All Star
Daps
Also Skyfall. Saw it in cinemas and thought it was decent. But compared to the amount of praise it got at the time (atleast here in the UK), neither me nor the person i saw it with felt it was that great.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I could co-sign Blair Witch being a cult classic....but in order for you to "Get it" as to why it was a big deal, you would have had to experience it and it's marketing campaign in real time. Watching it like 30 years after the fact is not going to give you the whole story.

It's kind of a shytty movie but there are plenty of 'classics' that created memorable moments for reasons other than impeccable film making lol

Yeah, you really had to be there to get The Blair Witch project. My parents wouldn't let me see it in the theater (I was 12) so I watched it for the first time as a fully grown man. Needless to say it didn't hit like I had thought it would. All they did was argue. lol

Psycho is my pick. I can recognize it for being well-made, but tbh I thought it was kind of boring.