"Classic" film you watched that just didn't live up to expectation/hype?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
How can a movie be that influential but not a "classic"?

just because something can be influential, doesn't mean it's great. Certain elements can stand out and resonate with the masses while the entirety is still mediocre. Even though it revived the found footage genre, it wasn't seeing the movies that came after.

I saw the movie when it dropped and nobody I know really liked it. Cacs made a big deal about it, but that was it.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
Gladiator......:hubie::unimpressed:

UpK.gif
this 100%. I always hated that it robbed crouching tiger for best picture that year too

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
A lot of people hated Blair Witch in real time too. It had a great marketing strategy that drove the hype, but when it was watched, it was trash. But it was too late since you already watched it. It was very influential though, in spawning the found footage wave, which is the best thing people said then. But it was never a classic.

Last edited:

Kendom

Pro
Daps
Another film to add to the fray - Inglorious Basterds. Sorry brehs! That film was nothing special to me and not even close to Django Unchained. The opening scene was the best scene of the film! ( to be fair it's a brilliant opening scene) but the rest of the movie just doesn't live up to it.