"Classic" film you watched that just didn't live up to expectation/hype?

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Some of the movies were great for its time. Like ET's visuals don't hold up anymore. And some of the life they portray is totally different than today. You don't connect with it. I mean in the 80s we believed in Big Foot and ghosts. It was a different time.

We need a thread for Classic movies that ABSOLUTELY still holds up.

Kendom

Pro
Daps
Scarface is just ok. If it was about Sosa >>>>>>>>

but for me

Every single Star Wars Movie
Pulp Fiction
S/O to @pez cause I always found The Matrix "cool" but trying way too hard with the metaphors
@LauderdaleBoss same opinion for Training Day, honestly, I wish they had a black actor play Ethan's role probably would've liked it better. LL in In Too Deep was just the right amount of ruthless and wasn't over done. but that pool stick scene was :mjtf:.
Titanic
Gangs of New York
Donnie Darko
E.T.
Trainspotting
Citizen Kane- such a overrated ass movie.

Recently watched Donnie Darko. What the fukk was that ending?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw ET as a kid a loved it. Watched it as an adult with my kids and I was looking at the shyt like :dahell: and so were my kids :mjlol:

I couldnt make it through the first 15 minutes of Godfather :manny:.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Django Unchained was :banderas:
Just because I don’t find his films classic doesnt mean I don’t find them enjoyable. I’ll watch them once and not have the desire to rewatch including Django. Don’t make my opinion trigger you because I don’t care for yours

Daps
Just because I don’t find his films classic doesnt mean I don’t find them enjoyable. I’ll watch them once and not have the desire to rewatch including Django. Don’t make my opinion trigger you because I don’t care for yours
Wasn’t even triggered :manny:. Django is basically the only Tarantino film I would watch over and over again

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That's the problem. The Blair Witch Project was just right for that time.

No social media, the (back in 1999) internet was nowhere near as progressive as it is today. Plus the documentary they released leading into the film tricked a lot of people into thinking the film was real. You could only go off of word of mouth from other people to try to debunk the film.

The Blair Witch Project gave birth to the "Found Footage" gener of movies
Yeah, that movie was a “You had to be there” type of joint to understand the significance.

But I was there and saw it in the theater, it is ass.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
For me, King of New York is a terrible movie that’s more funny than good.

Scarface is a bloated mess.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Could never get into Star Wars whatsoever
There’s only two good movies in the entire franchise. Everything else ranges from mid to absolute trash.
I agree

Star Wars is so campy and stupid. It felt like none of the actors took it seriously.

Empire Strikes Back was hit fire tho but most of the movies are pretty bad.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
For me, King of New York is a terrible movie that’s more funny than good.

I watched that a year or two ago and was like "why do people like this movie?" :dwillhuh: Christopher Walken's weird ass wasn't believable as a drug boss for a bunch of black & hispanic goons.

I'll add Rudy to this thread. Saw it the other day for the first time and my only reaction was :stopitslime: Seeing that Dutton clap that inspired the gif was a good moment tho.

Kendom

Pro
Daps
Yah I just wanna pile on the hate "King of New York" is a fukking garbage movie. Almost laughably. The synopsis see me to promise so much but it just didn't deliver, it was almost cheesy. Lawrence Fishbourne overacting in key moments

Another utterly overhyped Abel Ferrera movie was "Bad Lieutenant" fukking wasted my precious sleep time watching that film when I had to go into the office the next day. Maybe don't take drugs when you're making films Abel.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Godfather 1 and I think this is solely because of how old it is and more importantly watching the other mafia movies first made this deathly slow,. Caveat I haven’t seen Godfather 2

MacNCheese

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
There's one really cool scene in Belly, and then 2-3 scenes that are just good. The rest of it is mediocre at best. Every scene that relied on Nas' acting ability was straight up horrible. I'm not sure if this one's even considered a classic but considering the director and cast, Gangs of New York was really fukking weak.