"Classic" film you watched that just didn't live up to expectation/hype?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Some of y'all got to be trollin' with these responses :gucci:
Bruh... these nikkaz are trolling like a muthafukka :laff:

Let me run down some of the list so far.

nikkaz said Fargo, fight club, pulp fiction, one nikka said every Quentin Tarantino movie lol, Goodfellas, The fukking Matrix...The Big fukking Lebowski smh
some nikka said Se7en was wack as fukk.

let me get the fukk outta here lol

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How miserable do you have to be to hate on gladiator :dead:
Oh you know who he is.
gladiatorhater.jpg

:mjlol:

Oville

Pro
Daps
Raging Bull. Felt like it just kinda ended. Didnt know what I was supposed to get out of it

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
What film did you watch that has a classic or heralded status that when you finally got to see just didn't live up to the hype that had been built up? It wasn't necessarily a bad movie just nothing special

Mine was Blair Witch Project. I was so excited for this film after recommending some duds for the fam and it was just.. Not scary to me At All. It just seemed to me like some students getting lost and arguing in the forest and then when it finally became scary... It ended.

And on the risk of catching negs... "There will be blood". Sorry brehs I don't know ppl compare that to No Country for Old men not even comparable imo TWBB was kinda boring yh I know Daniel day Lewis had an ATG performance. I think I came into it with the wrong expectation of the kind of movie it was going to be.

King Arthur
With buddy who played Jax from Sons of Anarchy

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Fight club amd inception.

Both kind of meh to me

Edit: a nikka said Scarface and called it one of the woat? :what:

Scarface is just ok. If it was about Sosa >>>>>>>>

but for me

Every single Star Wars Movie
Pulp Fiction
S/O to @pez cause I always found The Matrix "cool" but trying way too hard with the metaphors
@LauderdaleBoss same opinion for Training Day, honestly, I wish they had a black actor play Ethan's role probably would've liked it better. LL in In Too Deep was just the right amount of ruthless and wasn't over done. but that pool stick scene was :mjtf:.
Titanic
Gangs of New York
Donnie Darko
E.T.
Trainspotting
Citizen Kane- such a overrated ass movie.