Classic example why Nigeria is fukked up...

Daps

Btw, for all those who want a good primer on Nigeria and have 45 minutes to spare, this is the BEST video explaining the country's current state that I've ever seen. All of the problems that led to the Biafran War are still with us, and many have gotten worse. I'd highly recommend that brother's other videos as well.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Why is tribal strife so big in Africa?

Honestly that why I don’t 100% support the back to Africa initiative(besides that obvious fact that we helped build America). We will be real deal outsiders albeit with with more money than 75% of their population but culturally we will still be an outsider.

Even in the states it seem like African people prefer to be with their own nationality more often than not. But black Americans and their family ,atleast nowadays wouldn’t matter if they date an African descent or anything. Black is Black to Americans idk about Canada I see y’all classify yallself more than Black Americans do but I can see that because because y’all have a lot of first and second gen people there.

I don't know brehs I find it weird. Like if you are jamaican you are jamaican, but for my nigerian friends if they are igbos they don't really mess with yorubas even if they are yoruba christians. Like I was talking to this chick and she literally told me her dad would rather her marry a oyinbo (white person) before a Igbo

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Why is tribal strife so big in Africa?
Well to keep things simple...

Some African countries are an amalgamation of differing tribes which were forced together by the colonialists and more often than not, they supported one tribe over others to promote their (usually pro-European) agendas. This directly resulted in many civil wars and ethnic conflicts on the continent throughout the 20th century and in some instances the effects are still being felt today. The tribes that were favored are still economic and political beneficiaries of what happened. Classic divide and conquer tactics. However I feel like the sentiments are slowly getting phased out with every new generation.

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nigeria will only ever change through a revolution. It's not going to be a bloodless revolution either. Kleptocracy and corruption is too entrenched in the way of life for things to change.

The poverty rate is at a whopping 40% which makes for 80m+ poor people. That is a nation of struggling people with no upward mobility. It is a powder keg the size of which the world has not seen. Poverty is actually used as a weapon to quell revolutions. The people are supposed to feel despondent and feel like they don't have the capacity to effect a change. Nigeria has also used its military might to supress movements and revolutions as well. But the poor population has reached a critical mass and it can only go one way. It is a Yugoslavia in the making, except worse. I feel sorry for people without an exit strategy in that country.

Facts. People always ask, "If Nigerians are so smart, why don't they fix their own country?" Well the answer is that the government is set up for tribal and familial nepotism. Next question, "Then why don't the people revolt?" Tried that, and 2M people died in a genocide while the rest of the world turned a blind eye.

Nigeria is f*cked.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
you can be related to these familes, and then what?

yall stay ignoring the nuances of what happened.

Not even worth having this convo on here.

Let's not do this, I may be related to any of these families, but I'm not benefitting off that family wealth nor do I know them.

The facts are that WA tribes did sell us, and the families who did it are still around and benefit off that wealth.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Most countries are corrupt, some are just better at hiding it than others. As long as there are people who want to hoard money and power due to their own mental illness, you'll keep getting corrupt governments and dictatorships.

The best cure for this kind of thing is a very strong supreme court that enforces term limits and an independent committee that tracks, reviews and reports on government spending. A lot of nations didnt get rid of their monarchies, they just rebranded. You see it in Egypt, you see it in China, you see it in North korea, you see it in Zimbabwe etc.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Summary: Took a 7 billion dollar loan to fight COVID, meanwhile they slashed local healthcare budget and are using the money to remodel the general assembly building. SMH
basically they gonna eat the budget and over bill for construction.

the same old hustle. and people wonder why I supported the china africa projects despite the loan agreements. they actually got things done.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Most countries are corrupt, some are just better at hiding it than others. As long as there are people who want to hoard money and power due to their own mental illness, you'll keep getting corrupt governments and dictatorships.

The best cure for this kind of thing is a very strong supreme court that enforces term limits and an independent committee that tracks, reviews and reports on government spending. A lot of nations didnt get rid of their monarchies, they just rebranded. You see it in Egypt, you see it in China, you see it in North korea, you see it in Zimbabwe etc.
Supreme Court has not power in Nigeria. They violently used the military to attack the courthouse when they make rulings against the governments wishes.

Nigeria is a backwards state

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Nigerians roll over and just accept the present conditions

That's embarrassing lol

More like powerful international countries like the the US refused to acknowledge Biafra's legitimacy and sided with (and supported) the Northerners who killed us in the streets but lets not let fax get in the way of shyt :skip:

That's like saying Rwandans rolled over and accepted genocide :skip:

African countries are not like Western Countries, they are nowhere near as autonomous. You cannot talk about African civil wars and corruption without talking about the Western powers that back those doing the corrupting.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol .... man a lot simplistic analysis in here

i pretty sure im the only one in here who has got contracts off state givernments in Nigeria and has done work with pitical parties there ( although i dont work with any anymore because i dont want to appear affiliated). Ive even had to donate to pilitical campaings to keep a contract

firstly all that tribal shyt is for the birds , lts funny you read some of these igbo maniacs online , but out of all the tribes in nigeria they live amongst other tribes the most , if it were unsafe that couldnt happen , and actually the leader of their biafra movement called l the ifbos who done that pigs

a revolution would be pointless , when Egypt got rid of Mubarrak nothing changed , when they got rid of Mugabe nothing changed. The whole system is corrupt not just the top . And if you get rid of everyone you get somthing like iraq where the whole country collapses.

Nigerian piliticians do not give a fukk , pick a tribe or religion they are all the same ,

the political class play on religion and tribe and whatever in order to ensure support from the masses. The way the system is you cant be an honest person and enter politics , at any level , its a fukking club.

the way the system is everybody eats , from personal experience , you get award a govt contract for $50,000 when you sign the contract it says $100,000 everyone from the person who awarded you the contract to the lowest person in the govet departments eats out of that money , in order to rebel you need an alternative

fukkers just dont know how deep shyt is , ladt presidential election, mossad was on the ground CIA , british intelligence and a few other intelligence agencies

Go do your research when the nigerian govt tried to kidnap umaru dikko in london for stealing billions it was mossad who organised the kidnap , thing was at the time nigeria did not recognise israel and didnt have official relations , But they were selling oul through back channels though

politicians are the same black white or whatever thay are dangerous and they dont give a fukk ,