Classic Article of the Source: Dr Dre Leaving Death Row

Juney

Rookie
Daps
I liked Been There Done That when it first came out. The production was too clean at the time. I liked the direction he was going in too, saying "gangsta rap is dead" and trying to get out that box, maybe expand song content. Didn't happen though, with Aftermath comp and The Firm.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
dre_chronic.jpg

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
And as we know now, there was the infamous group meeting before Dre left where Pac straight called him out for being gay and Dre say he wasn't gay but was bi lmao. And notice how Dre made it a point to tell the interviewer he was late cuz he was bangin out his lady. Ol insecure as dude.

Dre was my favorite artist back in the day, but he's a complete sellout and fakkit now.

If Pac hadn't died, DR would have went on to crush the game after Dre left. Pac brought a whole new vibe and reinvented DR. They could have done it without Dre.

But Pac was fed up with Death Row himself and planned to leave the label after Makaveli:francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
God's word :snoop:

My brother you sound ignorant. You don't want to take it there with me. He's sexual preference isn't why you listen to his music.

I can name countless artists who made timeles music that are gay or criminals etc etc... You bought the chronic not his wife and kids..

Get it together

@hustlemania @SunZoo @hexagram23 will one of you please delete my username?

Respect breh but I'm not a mod in The Booth. Not sure who is.

Fred.

MK25toLife

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That east coast west coast song had zero impact when it came out, I don't even remember it. As I read the article I wondered if it had even come out.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The Source was stingy back then. Great reviews

And I thought The Shining for 3 mics was ok. All of BCC stuff got 3-3.5 and justifiable since none of it really stood out.