Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This is also true. We hardly ever seem to use him in the flow of the offense. I don't know how to explain it. There are times in the game where I can just tell Dez is about to get 3 targets in 5 plays. And there are times in the game where I can tell Dez is about to get 0 targets in 11 plays.

I have no doubt that Dez will put up good, probably elite numbers this year. But it's :grippingafrancis: watching a team like the Falcons play, or even the Giants play, and you KNOW you are NOT ducking Julio and Odell in that game. They are going to get a lot of targets all over the field. They are going to get different type of screens, slants, double moves, even a reverse here or there. But it is entirely possible to duck Dez if you play the cowboys, because we might have every one of his routes be deep and end up throwing the ball to someone else.

Ironically, we have the opposite problem with Butler, who damn near every time he is the second or 3rd receiver in the game, he gets a target.:mjlol:

I know people legit peeped how T Rex really did roll his ankle and hobbled off to the sideline, got replaced by Butler, who obviously got a target and made that diving catch soon as he came into the game, and the poof, T Rex was back and magically nothing was wrong with his ankle and he caught everything and had one of the better games of his career:mjlol:

We ran a play out of 5 wide, Dez and Zeke on one side, and we threw a screen to Zeke:grippingafrancis:...Would have much preferred for it to be the other way around:grippingafrancis:

I also don't like how we run the ball virtually every time on first down...and since the other teams knows this they just sub in their best run defense...so over the course of the game we going to have 12 to 20 plays were we are playing against the others teams best possible defense for the situation....cause our coaching staff is all about beating your man and not trying to out scheme anyone...

Meanwhile, in Green Bay, Seatlle is in a perpetual state of :baldhuh: cause they have no fukking clue what Rodgers is going to do on first down...

I'm going to stop cause I am already starting to wonder how Garrett is going to lose us a playoff game with horrendous coaching...again :yeahok:
The Giants have no choice since they have no run game and OBJ is their best player.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The Giants have no choice since they have no run game and OBJ is their best player.

The falcons do have a choice cause they have an A1 run game...you still going to deal with Julio A LOT when you play them

The steelers do have a choice cause they have an A1 run game...you still going to have to deal with AB A LOT when you play them

Could you EVER imagine us letting Dez return punts and kickoffs like the steelers do with AB :mjlol:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
The falcons do have a choice cause they have an A1 run game...you still going to deal with Julio A LOT when you play them

The steelers do have a choice cause they have an A1 run game...you still going to have to deal with AB A LOT when you play them

Could you EVER imagine us letting Dez return punts and kickoffs like the steelers do with AB :mjlol:
I actually do remember when Dez Bryant returned punts his first couple years and he actually ran a couple back for a TD. Dez's 1st career TD was a punt return.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Dez is kinda retarded when it comes to returns, he made too many mistakes back there and that's why his return duties were taken away.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Off the top of your head see if you can name the last Cowboy not named Dez Bryant to return 2 or more punts for Td's in the same season
Who cares, Besides his mistakes he was taking too many unnecessary hits. I didn't say he was talented as a returner but he was trying to run them back at the 10yd line with a swarm coming at him.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I'm just going to guess and say it was probably Deion Sanders.

Actually Patrick Crayton in 09 (had no idea myself until I looked it up :mjlol:) but yea the greater point is you've got a proven weapon back there, put him out there on 4th downs and have at it. We'll see what Switzer is about in time but any punt fielded above our own 40 yardline I'd have Dez return it. Stop gameplanning like some bytches and go all in

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Actually Patrick Crayton in 09 (had no idea myself until I looked it up :mjlol:) but yea the greater point is you've got a proven weapon back there, put him out there on 4th downs and have at it. We'll see what Switzer is about in time but any punt fielded above our own 40 yardline I'd have Dez return it. Stop gameplanning like some bytches and go all in
Bruh...I seriously had Patrick Crayton's bum ass in mind. I just figured there was NO WAY he scored 2 punt return TDs in the same season. Dez Bryant actually had 2 TDs in the same season in 2010 so he's more recent.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dez is kinda retarded when it comes to returns, he made too many mistakes back there and that's why his return duties were taken away.

The point is that the Steelers have a dynamic player in AB who can score from anywhere at any time and so the coaching staff is smart enough and has the balls to get him the ball any way they can...

We have the same type of player and our coaching staff is to conservative to ever let Dez touch a punt cause they are scared he is going to get hurt...

I'd like to see him return some situational punts...like...if the other team is punting from inside their own 15 and we are going to get good field position any way...yeah...send Dez out there to return it

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Bruh I left work to go to the barbershop and them nigggas don pissed me off. If I didn't have on a a button down and some oxfords I woulda swung on one of them nigggas.

Talking bout Dez ain't a real number 1. He doesn't run routes, never under control. Talmbout he ain't no real receiver, he's an athlete, takes plays off when he's not getting the ball etc...He gotta show out this week so I can go back Tuesday and shyt on nikkas.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The point is that the Steelers have a dynamic player in AB who can score from anywhere at any time and so the coaching staff is smart enough and has the balls to get him the ball any way they can...

We have the same type of player and our coaching staff is to conservative to ever let Dez touch a punt cause they are scared he is going to get hurt...

I'd like to see him return some situational punts...like...if the other team is punting from inside their own 15 and we are going to get good field position any way...yeah...send Dez out there to return it
Do you really want a player who's had foot leg & back injuries returning punts? Because of those injuries he's not as fast as he used to be, I'd rather see the staff put him in motion more often.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Bruh I left work to go to the barbershop and them nigggas don pissed me off. If I didn't have on a a button down and some oxfords I woulda swung on one of them nigggas.

Talking bout Dez ain't a real number 1. He doesn't run routes, never under control. Talmbout he ain't no real receiver, he's an athlete, takes plays off when he's not getting the ball etc...He gotta show out this week so I can go back Tuesday and shyt on nikkas.

Reactionary ass dudes. Dak overthrew him on the slant in the end zone and didn't even look his way when Dez tripped up Jenkins on that deep route. Convert those and nobody is saying shyt.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Do you really want a player who's had foot leg & back injuries returning punts? Because of those injuries he's not as fast as he used to be, I'd rather see the staff put him in motion more often.

Those foot leg and back injuries don't stop him from making hard as cuts on slant routes and contorting his body in crazy ass ways to make catches, so I think he is going to be okay to return 1 or 2 punts a game for a season