Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Has being the key word in everything you just typed. Past tense. I will ask you some basic questions and you can think on it.

1. Has Dez Bryant commanded double teams the past several years?

2. Is he an elite or even great route runner?

3. Does Dallas pass to set up the run?

4. Is Dez Bryant a top 10 WR right now?

If your answer is no to all 4 questions, cutting Dez was the right thing.
If your answer is no to 3 out of 4, cutting Dez was the right thing.
If your answer was no to 2 out of 4, cutting Dez was the right thing.

And if your answer was no to 1 or none...... you don't need to be watching football.

lol
After watching DJ Moore highlights and then realizing how slow Dez was. :lupe:

man, I want some real speed on that outside.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
lol
After watching DJ Moore highlights and then realizing how slow Dez was. :lupe:

man, I want some real speed on that outside.

Dez is like a Ferrari with a V6 engine. It looks good, :francis:but you take it out on the streets, you're not trying to race anyone.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
after the Dez cut, our draft should be

round 1. WR or LG or RT (if they move Lael , which I doubt) I can handle any of the 3. Hoping DJ Moore our first pick
round 2. LG, LB, or DT
round 3. LB or DT
round 4. TE or Safety (unless we trade for Earl Thomas)
round 4. pass catching back (not big on Rod Smith)

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Im mad at the reasoning. If it aint money i aint tryna hear it. Dez has lead the league in 4th qtr td's since entering the league. He can bail you out, see the GB playoff game for example. No one on this team making those kinda plays. When youre down 10 in the 4th, Zeke not the answer. Giving up a big play threat for character is some weak ass shyt. And I hate the say it, but it looks like we may be in a rebuild situation. We really havent filled holes this offseason

Dez still isnt signed tho..
I doubt he will be signed before the draft. Dude dont have has much value as y'all giving him in this thread.

Cool player still. If I thought he could become a good possession receiver, I'd still want him. but, only if we had a real #1 with speed to go with him.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
ya'll still want to ignore defense in the first round :deadmanny: look man, aint NO wide receiver out there going to save Garrett and his puppet QB, stop wasting premium picks on that side of the ball.

dawg, the sure fire defensive players aint gonna be around at 19. Might as well wait to the second round. Honestly, Tyron Smith back scares me the most. Y'all saw what happened when he went out. We better make sure the line is addresed with the first or second pick we have. Our defense aint in the dungeon like that. Its needs depth more than anything. We need real starters on Offense now.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
after the Dez cut, our draft should be

round 1. WR or LG or RT (if they move Lael , which I doubt) I can handle any of the 3. Hoping DJ Moore our first pick
round 2. LG, LB, or DT
round 3. LB or DT
round 4. TE or Safety (unless we trade for Earl Thomas)
round 4. pass catching back (not big on Rod Smith)
I watched our biggest game of the year. Vs Seattle. For numerous plays I saw a nikka named Ross lined up at DT just because one DT was hurt. That’s pathetic because dude had no business out there. Either take Landry or Bryan. The dline needs depth. Lb wasn’t an issue that game. Secondary wasn’t. Receivers weren’t besides Dez dropping passes and fumbling. The issue was interior pass rush. If one player gets hurt you shouldn’t have practice squad guys getting play.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
If Vita is on the board at 19, Dallas needs to take him.

But I think Dallas will take whoever his rated the highest :manny:

At the end of the day, Every first round pick since 2007 has become a starter, with only 3 not going to the pro bowl (4 in if you include Taco, but it's way too early to include in in anything).

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also Tyron didn’t play and we had Cooper out there. Zeke still ran good so I don’t get the oline at 19 talk either. Pass protection was bad but I doubt a rookie guard fixes that. Dline makes the most sense

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I watched our biggest game of the year. Vs Seattle. For numerous plays I saw a nikka named Ross lined up at DT just because one DT was hurt. That’s pathetic because dude had no business out there. Either take Landry or Bryan. The dline needs depth. Lb wasn’t an issue that game. Secondary wasn’t. Receivers weren’t besides Dez dropping passes and fumbling. The issue was interior pass rush. If one player gets hurt you shouldn’t have practice squad guys getting play.

The defensive line has always been a problem. Even when Dallas had decent corners, QB's always had time to get rid of the ball.

Dallas is always playing catch up at certain positions.

When Ware, Ratliff, Spencer and Ellis were playing, the secondary was weak. By the time they rebuilt the secondary, the Defensive Line was the weak link.

You had Romo in his prime with an aging offensive line, but by the time you fix it, Romo's body breaks down.