Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
So crazy how similar the situations are with Dez and TO when they got cut

Both came off a 13-3 season that ended in a heart breaking loss in the divisional round

Both had high expectations going into the following season

Both had the cameras following them around training camp/pre season/season (All or Nothing debuts next week on Amazon Prime following the Boys 2017 season)

Both were playing with QB’s in their second full year as a starter

Both went 9-7

Both were critical of Garrett’s offense (TO was more direct stating the cowboys can’t get a championship unless he’s involved)

Both were reassured by Jerry that they’d be part of the Team at the conclusion of the season

The one positive IMO bout Dez being cut is that he did think he was bullet proof and I don’t like when players think there’s no chance in hell they’d ever be let go. Regardless of whether or not he should have been, in Dez’s mind, he assumed it’d never happen.

Fans gonna have to deal with the Dez talk all season because even when he signs elsewhere it’s gonna be a hot topic. When TO got cut all everyone talked about was I’d the offense was gonna be the same without TO.

We beat Tampa in 2009 big and the first thing out of Roy “Hands of stone” Williams is “35 points...without TO.” We proceed to go 2-2 and the offense is stagnant in a Denver loss. Roy gets hurt along with Sam Hurd which gives Miles Austin (4th on the depth chart at the time) an opportunity to start. He goes off for 250 yards in a win against KC and all of a sudden we found our #1 threat and we go onto win the division.

Maybe history repeats itself because these boys play well when there’s no pressure.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
More "final" thoughts..

1. I think some of my fellow Cowboy fans are in their feelings because Dallas didn't have an immediate replacement for Dez which if understandable. When Demarco Murray got cut, the same people were bytching and complaining.

2. The running game is good enough to where you don't have to rely heavily on the passing game.

3. Defense is a few players and health away from being a force to be reckoned with. The would rather Dallas win 17 - 10 or 21 - 17 games than 35 - 21. If they shore up the defense, then it will make the running game that much potent.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More "final" thoughts..

1. I think some of my fellow Cowboy fans are in their feelings because Dallas didn't have an immediate replacement for Dez which if understandable. When Demarco Murray got cut, the same people were bytching and complaining.

2. The running game is good enough to where you don't have to rely heavily on the passing game.

3. Defense is a few players and health away from being a force to be reckoned with. The would rather Dallas win 17 - 10 or 21 - 17 games than 35 - 21. If they shore up the defense, then it will make the running game that much potent.
Im mad at the reasoning. If it aint money i aint tryna hear it. Dez has lead the league in 4th qtr td's since entering the league. He can bail you out, see the GB playoff game for example. No one on this team making those kinda plays. When youre down 10 in the 4th, Zeke not the answer. Giving up a big play threat for character is some weak ass shyt. And I hate the say it, but it looks like we may be in a rebuild situation. We really havent filled holes this offseason

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I like Woods... but Seattle will lose Earl Thomas for a 3rd or 4th comp pick if they let him walk in FA.

I like how we've used our 2nd rd pick the last few years, aside from the year we drafted the cripple.

There's some talent in this draft. I don't think it's worth it to trade that 2nd for an aging player w/ injury risk

Hey, whats Randy Gregory doing right now or basically since he been in the league :yeahok:

What is Gavin Escobar doing right now...:yeahok:

Tyron Crawford was a second round pick :usureusure:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Im mad at the reasoning. If it aint money i aint tryna hear it. Dez has lead the league in 4th qtr td's since entering the league. He can bail you out, see the GB playoff game for example. No one on this team making those kinda plays. When youre down 10 in the 4th, Zeke not the answer. Giving up a big play threat for character is some weak ass shyt. And I hate the say it, but it looks like we may be in a rebuild situation. We really havent filled holes this offseason

Has being the key word in everything you just typed. Past tense. I will ask you some basic questions and you can think on it.

1. Has Dez Bryant commanded double teams the past several years?

2. Is he an elite or even great route runner?

3. Does Dallas pass to set up the run?

4. Is Dez Bryant a top 10 WR right now?

If your answer is no to all 4 questions, cutting Dez was the right thing.
If your answer is no to 3 out of 4, cutting Dez was the right thing.
If your answer was no to 2 out of 4, cutting Dez was the right thing.

And if your answer was no to 1 or none...... you don't need to be watching football.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has being the key word in everything you just typed. Past tense. I will ask you some basic questions and you can think on it.

And if your answer was no to 1 or none...... you don't need to be watching football.
Dont matter didnt need to happen this year period. Barely saves us money. And yes he has commanded double teams, defensive coordinators and players have as much. And im not buying the bad route runner thing either, ive seen the tape.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They did Dez dirty. They cut him AFTER Free Agency. The money we could have used by cutting him earlier when other guys were available, we couldn't. And Dez didn't have a lot of suitors left because they all spent and traded freely during the initial and middle period of FA. Media always blasts players for their loyalty or professionalism (Aaron Donald, Odell Beckham, Le'Veon Bell, Kam Chancellor), but this is clearly a case of the FO doing the player wrong.

They also seemingly strung the fanbase and the player himself along as if he was going to be on the team and he was a part of the plan moving forward. The cut didn't just blindside Dez, it was a shock to all of us. Most NFL fans.

They didn't have a replacement for him.

The offense only gets more predictable now.

The QB has shown he has shaky, at best, play with the weapons he HAD. And they just cut the de facto WR1 after said QB had a major sophomore slump.

A bigger problem than Dez at WR1 is Witten at TE1. Or TWill at WR2. Neither was addressed. In fact, TWill got resigned for 4 years last year and Witten has 2 years left and not a peep about decline in production or efficiency from any analyst or media member.

Dez was a fan favorite, a hometown kid, a leader in jersey sales, a marketable face. On SNF opening, it was Dez on the video. Dez was the face of the Cowboys. He was the one that got the stadium energized. He was the one putting on for Dallas and repping the team on Sundays. You can roll your eyes at that, but it's a very real thing that we all noticed and appreciated for years.

They alienated a lot of their fanbase with this move. Not just the move, but the way they went about it.

It is what it is, but Dak and Garrett are under immense pressure to produce and show that the off-putting decision this off-season wasn't just to continue the mediocrity.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:wow:

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
They did Dez dirty. They cut him AFTER Free Agency. The money we could have used by cutting him earlier when other guys were available, we couldn't. And Dez didn't have a lot of suitors left because they all spent and traded freely during the initial and middle period of FA. Media always blasts players for their loyalty or professionalism (Aaron Donald, Odell Beckham, Le'Veon Bell, Kam Chancellor), but this is clearly a case of the FO doing the player wrong.

They also seemingly strung the fanbase and the player himself along as if he was going to be on the team and he was a part of the plan moving forward. The cut didn't just blindside Dez, it was a shock to all of us. Most NFL fans.

They didn't have a replacement for him.

The offense only gets more predictable now.

The QB has shown he has shaky, at best, play with the weapons he HAD. And they just cut the de facto WR1 after said QB had a major sophomore slump.

A bigger problem than Dez at WR1 is Witten at TE1. Or TWill at WR2. Neither was addressed. In fact, TWill got resigned for 4 years last year and Witten has 2 years left and not a peep about decline in production or efficiency from any analyst or media member.

Dez was a fan favorite, a hometown kid, a leader in jersey sales, a marketable face. On SNF opening, it was Dez on the video. Dez was the face of the Cowboys. He was the one that got the stadium energized. He was the one putting on for Dallas and repping the team on Sundays. You can roll your eyes at that, but it's a very real thing that we all noticed and appreciated for years.

They alienated a lot of their fanbase with this move. Not just the move, but the way they went about it.

It is what it is, but Dak and Garrett are under immense pressure to produce and show that the off-putting decision this off-season wasn't just to continue the mediocrity.

Dez the only cowboy I can remember in recent history that embraced the hate and made it public knowledge regarding wearing the Star. Told the public that all them haters wish they were wearing the Star and everybody loves to hate us.

People also underestimating what Dez’s impact may have on revenue and Jerry’s pockets.

We went 4-12 in 2015 and still had the highest rated games and led in jersey sales (Dez was top 5 if I Remeber correctly)

We go 4-12 and ain’t no chance in hell we maintain that status. Jerry will feel it which also means it might help get Jason Airett out of town.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Dez the only cowboy I can remember in recent history that embraced the hate and made it public knowledge regarding wearing the Star. Told the public that all them haters wish they were wearing the Star and everybody loves to hate us.

People also underestimating what Dez’s impact may have on revenue and Jerry’s pockets.

We went 4-12 in 2015 and still had the highest rated games and led in jersey sales (Dez was top 5 if I Remeber correctly)

We go 4-12 and ain’t no chance in hell we maintain that status. Jerry will feel it which also means it might help get Jason Airett out of town.

Breh you do realize Dallas leave the most valuable football team even during the Dave Campo years. The Star is bigger than any one player.

Zeke amd Dak will make up any lost jersey sales Dez would’ve had.

Look at it this way breh, Black Panther was a hit. Wakanda Foreva. And all of those unsold dez jerseys will be worn by African children. The wankanda foreva and throw up the X are just about the same motions so it will be a seamless transition.

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Breh you do realize Dallas leave the most valuable football team even during the Dave Campo years. The Star is bigger than any one player.

Zeke amd Dak will make up any lost jersey sales Dez would’ve had.

Look at it this way breh, Black Panther was a hit. Wakanda Foreva. And all of those unsold dez jerseys will be worn by African children. The wankanda foreva and throw up the X are just about the same motions so it will be a seamless transition.

Lol Jerry’s wallets were being impacted during the campo years which is why he brought Parcells in. Not only were we consistently losing but revenue and ratings were down. Jerry himself even admitted needing Parcells to get the stadium after too many cups of Johnnie Walker Blue.

Cowboys brand took a major hit during those 5-11 seasons which is the problem we are having now. Despite losing, the cowboys brand is as strong as ever. Jerry admitted we are “entertaining at least” after losing the division for the 3rd consecutive season in 2013.

No one is saying the cowboys are gonna go from most valuable franchise to Cleveland status because of the loss of Dez. However, that money train is going to take a hit especially if we come out the gate 0-4. Local ratings are actually down last year. @dtownreppin214 can probably provide more insight being a local dallas breh

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
We got the first legit black franchise QB :mjpls:

He road with Zeke last year and it ended up costing him $2 Million :mjpls:

He gave Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones, Greg Hardy, second chances.

Jerry Jones is a lot of things, but I can't complain about how he treats black players. And if black fans can't recognize that, then they buggin.
Quincy > Dakota