Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
dez is going to actually go to a team where they know how to utilize him instead of having him run on the outside and have dak throw a jumpball to him when CLEARLY that's not a strong point of Dak's game and when CLEARLY dez was playing the middle of the field much better... but no, let's not do what works. let's keep having Dak launch contested jumpballs or throw to dez on the sidelines. Just about all of the talent on our team looks better once they leave. There's clearly a coaching problem here.

He is gonna go to a bum squad. He is gonna try too hard to have a breakout year and pout when he doesnt get the ball..mark my words

Now if he can get on the Pats, Saints or Packers.. he may have a chance. He needs a dominant personality QB than him

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
How can you not like Dak after watching this video.

This basically confirms that this is Dak's team. And most won't notice but Dak was taking shots at the entire wide receiver corps. Dak wants better receivers .
Sounds good but let Dak have another season like this year see how much his team it's going to be. He want better receivers they want an accurate qb who don't lose to retired nikkas in accuracy contest. Obviously everybody can't get what they want.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I ride hard with Dez, pause, but ya'll stay tryna make this dude out to be something he wasn't. The nikka was here for all them losing and 8-8 seasons, so why are we tryna paint this picture like he was something he wasn't.

The "culture" was one winning season in six years before Zeke and Dak came and we went 13-3.. if anyone you wanna give credit to, maybe it should be them.
One guy doesn't make the loser culture we have in Dallas over the last 2 decades.

It's about bringing guys in to change the culture.

We had that with Romo. And Ware. And Dez. Sure, they never won, but that speaks more to the coaching and rest of the team.

Those were the 3 best players we had over the last decade or so. The only 3 legit transcendent talents we had outside of OLine. The only 3 guys that at least tried to carry the team and spark comebacks and clinch games and lead the guys around them.

You can only do what the other 10 guys around you allow you to do. What can Dez do if Dak is getting sacked by Clayborn every 3 seconds and Dak can't ever get him the ball.

By your logic, Julio is part of the losing, choking culture that permeates the Falcons. Barry was part of the losing culture of the Lions. Moss was part of the losing culture of the Vikings.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dak and Zeke had great seasons in 2016.

Zeke has shown he's a legitimate great player. He benefits from the OLine, but he's great. You see it on film.

Dak was a product. You saw the 16 game vs Vikings. And the 16 game vs Giants. Both with healthy Zeke and healthy OLine and healthy Dez.

Props to those guys for what they did a year ago, but it's 2018. And the OLine is only getting older (Tyron back issues, Leary gone, Collins and Martin 1 year left), WR core is a bunch of role players, and playbook and scheme is another year older with more and more people around the league and even fukking fans knowing what play comes next.

Zeke will feast, but Dak's job is only getting harder with each season and he seemingly has less resources to work with each year.

Oh, and he hasn't fukking improved a single thing since his rookie training camp...

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
One guy doesn't make the loser culture we have in Dallas over the last 2 decades.

It's about bringing guys in to change the culture.

We had that with Romo. And Ware. And Dez. Sure, they never won, but that speaks more to the coaching and rest of the team.

Those were the 3 best players we had over the last decade or so. The only 3 legit transcendent talents we had outside of OLine. The only 3 guys that at least tried to carry the team and spark comebacks and clinch games and lead the guys around them.

You can only do what the other 10 guys around you allow you to do. What can Dez do if Dak is getting sacked by Clayborn every 3 seconds and Dak can't ever get him the ball.

By your logic, Julio is part of the losing, choking culture that permeates the Falcons. Barry was part of the losing culture of the Lions. Moss was part of the losing culture of the Vikings.

Well if Moss is putting up 1,600 yards and 17 TD and the Vikings still weren't winning, hard to say he's part of the problem.

Dez ain't had 1,000 yds or 10 TD's in 3 years.

He's not the only issue. It starts at the top and its a lot of bums on this team, but we gotta stop acting like Dez was some diamond surrounded by trash.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
At the end of the day the core vets on that 2014 had their shot and blew it. Catch or no catch they had a chance to beat Green Bay and didn’t. 4 years later and there are a lot of newer younger players or the roster so now it’s time to move on. It started with DeMarco Murray. He was 29 and they didn’t want to give a big contract to him so they let him leave. Next was Romo. The first opportunity to have a younger compitent quarterback opened up and Romo was gone. Last year was the secondary. They let most of the veterans leave and this offseason they released Scandrick. All rookies and second year players. Byron Jones is only there because he’s still on his rookie contract. Now they will focus on the receivers and defensive line. Dez was the first to go amd I guarantee going into training camp there will be an open completion for all receiver spots.

The NFL is a game of cycles. Romo had 3 chances in 2007, 2009, amd 2014 amd blew it.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the end of the day the core vets on that 2014 had their shot and blew it. Catch or no catch they had a chance to beat Green Bay and didn’t. 4 years later and there are a lot of newer younger players or the roster so now it’s time to move on. It started with DeMarco Murray. He was 29 and they didn’t want to give a big contract to him so they let him leave. Next was Romo. The first opportunity to have a younger compitent quarterback opened up and Romo was gone. Last year was the secondary. They let most of the veterans leave and this offseason they released Scandrick. All rookies and second year players. Byron Jones is only there because he’s still on his rookie contract. Now they will focus on the receivers and defensive line. Dez was the first to go amd I guarantee going into training camp there will be an open completion for all receiver spots.

The NFL is a game of cycles. Romo had 3 chances in 2007, 2009, amd 2014 amd blew it.
So if you don’t make it to the SB, you blew it time to go. One of the dumbest things I’ve heard. Bringing in new guys don’t make you better just cause. At some point you have to evaluate the coaching staff. Dez not the only one complaining about the staff.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So if you don’t make it to the SB, you blew it time to go. One of the dumbest things I’ve heard. Bringing in new guys don’t make you better just cause. At some point you have to evaluate the coaching staff. Dez not the only one complaining about the staff.

You're making 2 separate arguments.

You have the player personal side
You have the coaching side.

It's the GM's job to put together a winning roster while maintaining a financially stable environment. What Dallas has been doing for the past 3 years is get younger at every position. Younger and cheaper.

They don't make big free agent splashes anymore.
They've been relying heavily on drafting players to become starters.

Dez's production and his contract don't fit anymore.

As far has the coaching staff is concerned, I been saying Garrett needs to go for years. BUT, if he is fired, the next coaching staff will have plenty of talent to work with.

And for the record, Jason Garrett should've been the one to tell Dez he was out. But Garrett has not balls. At this point Jerry Jones is a figure head. He's not really pulling the strings. It's STEPHEN JONES.

But at least we have Will McKay. :blessed: I'm hopefully this next draft class will pay immediate dividends.