Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
If you don't have a rapport with the quarterback that will happen. The receivers obviously have a bond with each other but what good does that do if you don't have one with the damn quarterback?

With Romo it was easy because he was the defacto offensive coordinator and like I said before he never fully held receivers accountable. Romo ran what he wanted and at times so did the receivers. Part of it was the offensive line sucked for so long he had no choice. Dak comes in and wants to run the offense exactly how it's drawn up.

When Dallas kept the offense simple they excelled. Once they opened up the passing game more which required more from the wide receivers they started having issues.

How many stories did you hear about receivers staying after practice with Dak? Nobody smoke up during the season. Nobody took charge. Forget about Dez for a second. Why do u think Dallas signed 2 veteran wide receivers in the off-season and will most likely draft one or two? It's not just Dez Bryant. It's the entire group. They could've resigned Bryce Butler but didn't even try.

As a group that receiving Corp was all hype and was feeding into it. They expected to just how up and be great. That Cowboy lifestyle isn't for everybody.

Dez will be on Instagram selling his brand and shouting out the Jordan brand with nothing to show for it.

He got his payday. He's one of the veterans on the team but still moving like he's on his rookie contract on the practice field, on the sideline and in the locker room. Dooley left because that receiver Corp as a group was uncoachable.
He had to. If he didn't, those years where we went 8-8, we would have been 5-11. That's how bad this offensive system and coaching staff was/is. I don't even think 2014 would have been as successful if he didn't turn into the defacto offensive coordinator. I do not agree that he didn't hold the receivers accountable though. He was always on Dez and Miles on where to line up and where to go in the earlier part of their career. Hell, he made Robinson a ton of money.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Never will I defend this bytchass coach, but u making too many excuses for the QB.

The Bad throws, poor mechanics, and poor reads is on the QB. No one is telling him to airmail passes to Dez on a go route, or throwing the ball 5 feet over Zekes head in the flats...

Yeah @kevm3 is chosing not see what’s in front of his face

Nick Foles would be a better fit garrett’s vanilla offense..

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'm not choosing to see what's in my face? You mean a qb who went 13 and 3 in his rookie year and 9 and 7 in his sophomore year? You mean how goff looked like a monumental bust until Fisher was replaced by mcvey? Garrett is right in line with fisher. I'd love to see these fantasy land rookie and sophomore qbs who are winning superbowls.. at this point in daks careet, romo was still sitting on the bench learning the game.

Foles would look just like dak if he has here running the world's most predictable offense. There's a reason foles didn't miss a beat when wentz went out. Pederson has an excellent SYSTEM and philly is stacked with tslent. If Foles was that great, they never would have gave up all those picks to get wentz. Blaming a second year qb for the teams woes is laughable. Id love to see dak walk so i can see the exact same complaints when the offense still melts down.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This current situation is on Dak, not Dez.

Dak is way too indecisive. He has 3 Pro Bowlers on the OLine and still holds onto the ball far too long. He only throws it if his WR is wide open with the nearest defender 10 yards away. And half the time the pass is errantly thrown.

Not to mention it takes him entirely too long to get through his progressions and dump it off to the safety valve RB or TE. Witten and Zeke get lit up as SOON as they catch the ball because Dak takes 8 seconds to get the ball out and into their hands.

He can't throw to outside the numbers. Forget about it. Ball sails out of bounds or bounces off the grass 5 yards in front of his WRs.

Coaching staff does nothing to be creative and put players in spots to succeed. Run the same vanilla offense with singleback runs out of a 1WR set or line up with 3 WRs and they all run some variation of a combination of Gos, Slants, and Curls. Sometimes all WRs will run Curls... on the same fukking play.

Can Dez do more to get open? Sure. Can he do a better job of not letting the ball slip through his hands like 5 times a year? Absolutely. He's not completely blameless in this.

But he definitely isn't the main problem. You guys acting like if we had Julio AND Antonio, we wouldn't just have them running Gos and Curls and Dak wouldn't be throwing the ball over/under/behind them large majority of the time.

WRs ain't the issue. They're not the best, but they're not the issue.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Zeke running dallas now breh. Dez time passed up. He’s a sidekick now not the headliner.
lol zeke doesn't run shyt. he's too busy chasing white girls in uptown. outside of that he's a moody bytch to the people. dez is the one really in these dallas streets and not on that superstar tip.

mR5aIyp.jpg

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I'm not choosing to see what's in my face? You mean a qb who went 13 and 3 in his rookie year and 9 and 7 in his sophomore year? You mean how goff looked like a monumental bust until Fisher was replaced by mcvey? Garrett is right in line with fisher. I'd love to see these fantasy land rookie and sophomore qbs who are winning superbowls.. at this point in daks careet, romo was still sitting on the bench learning the game.

Foles would look just like dak if he has here running the world's most predictable offense. There's a reason foles didn't miss a beat when wentz went out. Pederson has an excellent SYSTEM and philly is stacked with tslent. If Foles was that great, they never would have gave up all those picks to get wentz. Blaming a second year qb for the teams woes is laughable. Id love to see dak walk so i can see the exact same complaints when the offense still melts down.

I agree totally

DallasTxRep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas

THANK YOU!