Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a combination of 2 things, the coaches not using him right and Dak trying to "big brother" Dez from the jump. The reason Romo & Dez were always on the same page is because they listened to each other. Remember when Dak took over he said "If he's open I'll throw it to him", and that was an arrogant and stupid thing to say. Dak's mindset is a 10yr vet but his skill set is a 2nd year unconventional QB.

Dak was right

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dak was right when he said he'd throw it to the open guy.

Problem is, this scheme and coaching and overall route running and catching capabilities from our WR core make it damn near impossible to always find an open guy on every play.

Dak is seeing that this year. Especially with no Zeke.

He suffered this same issue last year against MIN and NYG late in the year when their coverage could generally blanket our WRs.

Dak generally doesn't throw the 50-50 balls. We've all seen that. He's showing these past few games that he doesn't even like throwing 60-40 or 70-30 balls. And even when he does, his accuracy isn't exactly all that. He leads guys into oncoming hitters, underthrows it, or throws it over their heads and OOB. Even at the beginning of this past game, he tried to hit Alfred out of the backfield. Alfred dropped it but the ball was thrown high and had waaaay too much mustard on it for just a 5 yard pitch and catch.

Some of it is just Dak in a rut right now. For as high as he was at certain points last year, including the playoff game, he's experiencing a low right now.

But there's no denying his hesitancy and inability to throw guys open. He looks for the wide open guy and if he's not there, he eats too many sacks.

Coaches gotta get him to throw it down field more, throw guys open, work on his accuracy, and take off instead of eating sacks 4 seconds into the pocket.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Problem is, this scheme and coaching and overall route running and catching capabilities from our WR core make it damn near impossible to always find an open guy on every play.

He suffered this same issue last year against MIN and NYG late in the year when their coverage could generally blanket our WRs.

Dak generally doesn't throw the 50-50 balls. We've all seen that. He's showing these past few games that he doesn't even like throwing 60-40 or 70-30 balls. And even when he does, his accuracy isn't exactly all that. He leads guys into oncoming hitters, underthrows it, or throws it over their heads and OOB. Even at the beginning of this past game, he tried to hit Alfred out of the backfield. Alfred dropped it but the ball was thrown high and had waaaay too much mustard on it for just a 5 yard pitch and catch.

Some of it is just Dak in a rut right now. For as high as he was at certain points last year, including the playoff game, he's experiencing a low right now.

But there's no denying his hesitancy and inability to throw guys open. He looks for the wide open guy and if he's not there, he eats too many sacks.

Coaches gotta get him to throw it down field more, throw guys open, work on his accuracy, and take off instead of eating sacks 4 seconds into the pocket.

I agree. I also agree that he needs use his legs more on none designed qb runs. It'll free up the WRs a bit more. We need new schemes tho. We been running the same offense since TO was here

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Dak tries to put the ball where only the WR can get it. He's very mindful of turnovers, so he rarely takes chances. He's not a gun slinger, and you can't fault him for that.

Another issue is he doesn't have the defense that will allow him to take chances. The defense doesn't create turnovers, it gives up big plays, it gives up high third down conversions, and at times plays down right shytty.

I don't think he trusts the offense, or the defense.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
And :snoop: at it taking this long for the defensive coaches to FINALLY figure out that Byron Jones isn't a fukking safety. He doesn't tackle well, isn't a ball hawk, doesn't create turnovers, doesn't give big hits and is basically useless. Jeff Heath is a better playmaker which is a insult.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
And :snoop: at it taking this long for the defensive coaches to FINALLY figure out that Byron Jones isn't a fukking safety. He doesn't tackle well, isn't a ball hawk, doesn't create turnovers, doesn't give big hits and is basically useless. Jeff Heath is a better playmaker which is a insult.
This coaching staff is so suspect. YES, Frazier has his flaws but I see one dimensional physical down hill safeties like him being used around the league. Get creative. Don't just let a physical presence like that rot on the bench.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Dez is a terrible route runner
tumblr_inline_n0kjdelvwD1qm6acw.gif

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
This coaching staff is so suspect. YES, Frazier has his flaws but I see one dimensional physical down hill safeties like him being used around the league. Get creative. Don't just let a physical presence like that rot on the bench.

Not to mention if you let a player rot on the bench he will never get better.

Kam Chancellor was a big hitter at Va Tech but he was coverage skills were meh at best. Pete Carroll was able to coach him into a pro bowler.

It's as if these coaches go with their emotions and not common sense. I get Bryon was a first round pick, but he shouldn't have gone in the first round if you were just going to stick him at safety.

And I hope they don't try to do the same with Chiwu :snoop: