CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Last night was a masterpiece by Jimmy Butler...that's the kind of game the Heat will need from him (maybe not triple double but the scoring effort) in order to tie this series up.

Now if Bam or Dragic had played in game 2 then who knows who would've been leading this series...I still believe the Lakers will win the chip tho. Last night was the first game in this series that kept me up till the last game buzzer after the first two games where I damn near fell asleep by halftime.

LA still would’ve been up 2-0

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It comes down to this

KO and Leonard force Howard out the paint and ultimately out of the game, which is more significant than you think. Having Bam out there keeps Howard on the floor and plays into what the lakers want

AD chasing KO around opens up the paint more for a Jimmy as well.

ultimately, because neither KO or Leonard can guard AD one on one like Bam. Spo immediately is sending doubles. While AD can pass out of it, he can’t do it on a whim like Bron to his target in their place to take the best shot they can. This puts Kuzma etc in a uncomfortable place. Him and Morris were decent but the lakers offense were thrown out of whack, along with AD getting in foul trouble.
Forcing the other lakers to beat them is what the Heat want and they have more bodies to throw at Bron(Butler Iggy Jae) than they do AD.

I expect Frankie V to adjust pretty well for this, but outside of rebounds, The Heat having a extra shooter on the floor in Leonard and Kelly playing extra minutes is actually better suited for this matchup. Bam, as good as he is, is a non shooting big that allows Howard to stay on the floor with AD and pack the paint, which has been one of the Lakers strong points defensively. Ad + another big just suffocating everyone who looks to drive

when Bam does come back, I immediately expect a line up from Spo of
Bam
Kelly
Crowder
Butler
Herro/Duncan

One player to keep AD out the paint while Bam goes up against Howard. I hope Vogul is prepared.

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It comes down to this

KO and Leonard force Howard out the paint and ultimately out of the game, which is more significant than you think. Having Bam out there keeps Howard on the floor and plays into what the lakers want

AD chasing KO around opens up the paint more for a Jimmy as well.

ultimately, because neither KO or Leonard can guard AD one on one like Bam. Spo immediately is sending doubles. While AD can pass out of it, he can’t do it on a whim like Bron to his target in their place to take the best shot they can. This puts Kuzma etc in a uncomfortable place. Him and Morris were decent but the lakers offense were thrown out of whack, along with AD getting in foul trouble.
Forcing the other lakers to beat them is what the Heat want and they have more bodies to throw at Bron(Butler Iggy Jae) than they do AD.

I expect Frankie V to adjust pretty well for this, but outside of rebounds, The Heat having a extra shooter on the floor in Leonard and Kelly playing extra minutes is actually better suited for this matchup. Bam, as good as he is, is a non shooting big that allows Howard to stay on the floor with AD and pack the paint, which has been one of the Lakers strong points defensively. Ad + another big just suffocating everyone who looks to drive

when Bam does come back, I immediately expect a line up from Spo of
Bam
Kelly
Crowder
Butler
Herro/Duncan

One player to keep AD out the paint while Bam goes up against Howard. I hope Vogul is prepared.

Exactly what i was thinking but honestly for now i would bring bam off the bench when jimmy sits so he can play point forward and still run an effective offense. He cant hit the 3 but he can eat in the post like jimmy from switches or hit the mid range he been making all playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.