CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jokic ain't the physical beast that bam is
:hubie:Dwight getting dunked on off the dribble :hubie:

Lol Bam ain't that good. I mean he's good but I think he's being overhyped a bit especially when he was dominating small 5s. Dwight/AD is a different beast. Dude might be in foul trouble 5 mins into the game seriously.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Breh Who you actually think will win this series? Your posts since the Heat won read like you nervous
My pick is Lakers in 6, but I think it's actually a tough series to pick.

I'm picking Lakers in 6 if both the Lakers and the Heat continue to play as well as they've been playing. LeBron will pick the Heat's defense apart, AD will act as the ultimate release valve, the Heat defense will be forced to collapse on both which will give Laker shooters open shots all day. On the other end, Lakers will play hard man defense because the Heat don't have any scorers who can dominate so bad that they force the double, and the Heat shooters will make shots anyway but not enough to keep up with the Laker offense on most nights.

If the Heat are nervous at all in their first Finals and the Lakers' shooters shoot better than normal, it will be a sweep.

If the Lakers shooters start choking and can't hit open threes, it will put them in trouble, but LBJ/AD could still dominate enough to win. However, if the Lakers' shooters don't hit their shots (which I'm almost expecting at this point) AND LeBron starts to look tired and act his age, the Heat could easily take the series.

(AD shrinking from the moment could have the same effect as the shooters not hitting.)

The main reason I'm posting like I am is because people are posting stupid like this is Warriors/Cavs in 2018, where one team has a talent advantage all the way down the roster and is obviously going to win. It's not at all. Honestly it's closer to Heat/Mavs in 2011 than anything else. The only reason I don't think it will have the same outcome is because the Lakers have a more well-rounded team than the Heat had in 2011, LeBron is much more mature and battle-tested, and the 2020 Heat aren't nearly as experienced as the 2011 Mavs were.

If I had to put odds on it I'd say that barring injuries there's a 40% chance the Lakers win comfortably, 40% chance they barely win, and 20% chance the Heat win. Which is nowhere near 0%.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
i aint reading all that bullshyt Heat >>>> whoever u mentioning and thats that end of this pointless ass argument
These goofy Lakers/Bron stans will be copping hella pleas when we start pushing them around and taking games. So, I ain't even looking to get into a back and forth with their disrespect.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1 Rondo
2 KCP/Green
3 Kuzma
4 Bron
5 AD

This lineup could wreak havoc on the Heat if Bron camps at the ft line area in the zone.
15 ft J
lob to AD
if defense collapses hit Kuzma/KCP/Green for open 3s

Heat have advantages in "more guys that can win you a game". Seems like they have about 4 guys that can get you 25-28pts on any given night: Jimmy, Bam, Dragic, Herro and an elite sharpshooter Robinson

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Heat have a chance but it's a small one. Lebron is locked in and playing like an MVP and AD is balling. The Lakers size is gonna be too much for Miami, Dwight is gonna wreak havoc while Lebron could guard Bam if need be. Rondo has also provided a great spark off the bench and great leadership. Plus you can't play zone against Bron he's too good a passer he'll pick you apart. I don't even think the Laker role players have to do much in this one, just hit a few open 3's.

I got the Lakers in 5.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Iunno why people are talking like this is gon be some cakewalk for the Lakers...After Bron & AD the Heat have the next best 5-6 players. That's huge. The Heat have devastating shooting....and more importantly...they know Lebron inside out...the one org in the league that can say they "developed" Lebron. They know his mentality...they know his strengths...and they gonna try to exploit all the weaknesses. They gonna prob try to play mind games and challenge his iq.

This might end up being the toughest series for Bron since the Spurs in 13. Back then that Heat Culture got him thru....now its coming at him:wow:

I swear I only hear about this “next 5-6 players” stuff when it comes to the Lakers this postseason :mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.